Heavy Milsim games every 2nd weekend of the month

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Heavy Milsim games every 2nd weekend of the month

Post by SteevoLS » Thu May 05, 2011 2:30 pm

An idea we've been kicking around since before the April is to have in-depth milsim games at regular intervals with paintsoft games in between. Currently the idea is...

Every 2nd weekend of the month (subject to change) would be an indepth, thought-provoking milsim game. This would not be milsim in the South Carolina sense of the word, but milsim in the European/West Coast/New England sense of the word.

Tentative and incomplete ruleset:

-Medic cards based on whether or not you are wearing plates or helmets. In the event that you are hit, a medic pulls your card, reads it, and determines your fate. In the event that there is no medic in the area you simply bleed out for the set time and then respawn.

- Midcaps with ammo limits. The primary reason to limit your mag load in real life is bulk. If you are limited to 1600 rounds in midcaps only, if you want to reach that limit you'll be a walking barrel with mags all over the place. On the flip side, 4 hicaps would reach the limit and you'd be able to get away with a mag in each pocket and no other gear whatsoever. People would be allowed to use hicaps for the first few games to ease the transition, but after that it would be a no hicaps game exclusively.

- NO ALPHA VS BRAVO! Target identification skills and trigger control will be what determines whether you have friendly fire issues or not. I've personally seen 120 first-time noobs run around at Cane Creek with no camo rules whatsoever and have no issues, so I'm quite confident this won't be a problem. That having been said, there will be camo rules on a per-faction basis, but in real life both sides of a conflict would be wearing woodland camo in a woodland environment (and so on).

- Strict command structure, and teams will be expected to follow the orders they are given. In a normal game you can pass the buck to the next guy if your objective is taken, etc, but in a true milsim/realmil game, you are responsible for your own objectives and nothing else. If you are tasked to hold the South Base at TriggerTyme and the enemy rolls right in because your fireteam decided to go attack the village, command would have every right to be rather pissed at you.

- Age limits This is not set in stone yet, but these will very likely be 16+ only. 18+ is the norm for this sort of game, but a large part of our experienced playerbase is in the 16-18 bracket.

- Weapon system limits SAWs, DMRs, and sniper rifles will be only allowed on a liimited ratio. For our early (read: smaller) games it will be one for every 5 players; once the games start to grow it will be cut back to one for every 10.

Gear restrictions don't really make sense given our playerbase, but the magazine restrictions are much less limiting. Anybody who doesn't have mids (and wants to play in one of these games) could easily afford a MAG box set by skipping one game (based on gas, field fee, and a bag of BBs vs the cost of MAG midcap box sets).

--- to be expanded ---
There's no kill switch on awesome!

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Heavy Milsim games every 2nd weekend of the month

Post by 2nd Ranger » Thu May 05, 2011 2:58 pm

well then its about damn time lol

cannot wait I will try to make every one of these games

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Count me in!
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

I approve 8)
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Bushmaster
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Bushmaster » Thu May 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Sounds like it'd work pretty well, I'd try to make it to one of these every other month.

Hatch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Hatch » Thu May 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Thinking this will be the only games I attend now

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu May 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Sounds good to me! Lets do it!

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Romba you are 14

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm

SteevoLS wrote:
- Age limits This is not set in stone yet, but these will very likely be 16+ only. 18+ is the norm for this sort of game, but a large part of our experienced playerbase is in the 16-18 bracket.
Would there be exceptions to this rule for those that prove themselves to be mature and capable of playing in these games?

silverwolf
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by silverwolf » Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Good thing I am turning 16 tomorrow!

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by TeamBadCompany » Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

happy birthday!
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

silverwolf
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by silverwolf » Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Why thankyou!

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by TeamBadCompany » Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

will there be a party? :P
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Bushmaster wrote:
SteevoLS wrote:
Would there be exceptions to this rule for those that prove themselves to be mature and capable of playing in these games?
Say yes.
blackout wrote:Romba you are 14
Ahh... Just saw the above age thing. Posted before that was added.