Wanted: Your Opinion

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.

Check any that apply to you:

I would almost definitely attend
20%
I may or may not attend
10%
I would probably not attend
3%
If I did attend, I would almost definitely play through the entire game
21%
If I did attend, I may or may not play through the entire game
12%
If I did attend, I would not play through the entire game
10%
Do this!
17%
It sounds cool, but don't waste time because it won't work out well
7%

Total votes: 110

jakger
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: Wanted: Your Opinion

Post by jakger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Why is there an age limit higher than all the other aosc events
PAIN is weak leaving the body

Op: ice cubed

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:05 pm

For the same reason there is a considerably more strict MilSim rule set. As I said, this game is not for everyone and will be much more taxing upon players. Players will be held to a much higher standard and will have to abide by a more complex rule set; as such, younger players (being generally less mature) would not necessarily be as able to maintain the games level of mature play. This is an extremely common practice, the vast majority of strict MilSims like this have age limits of 16 or 18 and it has proven to be beneficial.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

jakger
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by jakger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:15 pm

im 12 and want to be a Navy Seal when i grow up i was trying to go im mature enough to go as long as parents let me and stay the hole time

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Not to be rude, but you can't objectively judge your level of maturity.

Even if this weren't an age restricted game, you would still be required to adhere to the following:
Dominum wrote:Rule #10:  Age Requirements:

0-14yrs          Parent or Guardian must be within sight at all times either playing or in the field as a noncom with a deadrag and eyepro.
Therefore, requiring you to be part of a father-son team to attend this game isn't really much different from the rules you are normally required to follow, it doesn't really affect you.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

jakger
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by jakger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 pm

ok i admit you have a piont

Coopraider
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Coopraider » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:41 am

dom you can defiantly can count me in this seems legit enough and let me throw a little advice out for the ignorant people. it does not matter if its freaking 20 degrees out side drink as much water as you can all day lay off the junk food grab a apple or something that is healthy instead of a bag of chips or you will be leaving early cause you feel like crap

atl
I do in fact have a life.

Post by atl » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 am

I'll be there short of anything major getting in the way and my dad will probably be there.

Coopraider
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Coopraider » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm

hey yo dom im not so sure i can now as i got in a car wreak and insurance is only covering some of it

atl

Post by atl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am

Well this game if it happens isn't going to be for months so you'll have time to save up the money hopefully(which is only going to be$20-30),yo.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Coop, the good news is atl is correct.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Gold was discussing some of the longer AOSC games and Kory linked me to this thread. So I'm just going to throw out my two cents on long games.

Long AOSC games have bad turnouts in my experience. I'd love to go to a 2 or even 3 day event, but the problem is I just can't. A lot of people can't. Either they're too young to be away from home alone that long, in college, or we have jobs we can't just take time off for airsoft.

I won't speak for all of Gold Team, but I know I also don't like going to a game if a few things are sure to happen:

1. Long lunch breaks. Maybe even lunch breaks at all. My first no lunch game was Blue Hole in February where I was CO. That went great for Bravo because we staggered our breaks. It wasn't officially planned but some people offered to stay on while others took some time off field.

2. "Milsim": I am not gungho about milsim. Ever. At all. I am not in the military nor will I ever be. I am colorblind, flat footed and lazy. I don't play airsoft to pretend I'm in the military, I play airsoft to run around, yell, and suffer from heat exhaustion. Furthermore, Milsim **usually** means midcaps, of which I own none. I plan to keep it that way.

3. People leave: Like I said, people either won't come or can't stay. People have things to do, and most can't afford to take a Friday off to make a weekend out of airsoft. Personally I like to make it to Church on Sunday, we all have our reasons.

I'd love to make a long game. Sadly its hard to do so. Gold Team was going to do FULDA this year, but a good friend of most of the team will be getting married that weekend.

TL;DR As much as I like the idea of long or even all day games they are not practical to the player base of SC. It would behoove us to run more early morning to afternoon games. 8 or 9 until maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

BigMan23
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by BigMan23 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm

I'd be in with the remnant of GEARS. This is what we've been looking for..a game a bit more complex, and more intricate and detailed than your standard affair. As far as limiting DM's and SAW's go, I agree with this 100%. From a player standpoint, it is not happy-fun times to stand on the receiving end of dmr's all day with a standard AR. Limit the number, increase their strategic importance. We're in!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

Just a reminder, for those interested in this kind of an event, OP: 24-IV on October 27th-28th could be seen as a dry run for this. It's 24-hours non-stop, i.e. half of a 48 hour event, with ammo carrying capacity limits and various other semi-milsim rules. You gotta' walk before you can run.

Call-Name-Viper
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Call-Name-Viper » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 pm

This idea sounds fantastic! I do see how it might not work, however, if the right XOs knew what they were doing this would be the best thing ever.
Veteran of:
CID III (Bravo)
Vetenam Patrol (Alpha)
Iron Marches (Bravo)

Crawler86
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crawler86 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm

I'd come out for this
FIRST ONE IN
LAST ONE OUT