New to Milsim and looking to get the right gun

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
Ando
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

New to Milsim and looking to get the right gun

Post by Ando » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I am fairly new to milsim and airsoft in general. However, over the next few months I would like to become more involved with more "hardcore" milsim. Right now I have a starter G&G M4. It's a great gun but I doubt it would be viable in more serious milsim games. So, I am looking for some help/direction as to a gun to get that will last for a while. I am looking to spend under $400.00. It would probably be best if I could buy instead of building one myself, but I am not completely adverse to the idea.

Anyway, any help at all would be great. I kind of don't even know where to start. Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing everyone's responses.

Best,

Ando

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: New to Milsim and looking to get the right gun

Post by idiot88 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 pm

You will get more answers on the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/scairsoft/

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm

What kind of game do you mean by "hardcore" MilSim?
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Ando
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Ando » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm

I guess what I meant is looking into events put on by Milsim West and the like. Right now, I have a G&G entry level M4 so just looking to upgrade to something that will keep me on par with other players where I won't be outclassed too much.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm

That would be classified as a "RealMil". Games like that, where you are in field for long periods without access to a stash of back up guns and the like mean that durability and reliability are the name of the game. Look for something with quality internals AND externals that is made to stand up to prolonged use in varying conditions. VFC, G&P and similar come to mind.

You may be interested in knowing that we have two regular RealMil series here in the AOSC, Vietnam Patrol and Graycell. They are each 52+ hours straight immersive scenarios, and may be what you are looking for.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Ando
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Ando » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks so much! Oh okay, I didn't know there was a difference. Good to know. I will take a look at those brands. I heard about the Vietnam Patrol at SQA this summer. Unfortunately, I will be at Marine Corps OCS at the time so I am going to have to miss that event. Thanks again!