What do you want to see in MilSim games?

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
Straightshot
I do in fact have a life.

Re: What do you want to see in MilSim games?

Post by Straightshot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:32 am

Dominum wrote: This is already the case for all AOSC games. See Article III, Rule# 1 of the AOSC Charter ;).
Mandatory should be, if someone shows up and doesn't have one, then they have to buy one from an AOSC rep.  Red rags are cheap at walmart.
2 Dealers and a Joker.............Death Dealers

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 am

Tzer1993 wrote: What is with the Death Dealers and explosions?! ;D
The flames are pretty and the death dealt is awesome  :P

GREEN NINJA
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by GREEN NINJA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 am

SteevoLS wrote: I don't care if it's a paintsoft, milsim, or realmil game; every SC game I've been to in the last year has had rampant issues with people not bothering to say/do anything when they were hit. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they get pissed off when I shoot them again!
exactly, i see a lot of "rag-less" dead guys still, and the point i was really trying to express that not all players are giving the "verbal hit" call when they are shot.

...and i second explosions, better yet lets just set the field on fire in the middle and "start her up"
  ▲
▲ ▲

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:41 am

GREEN NINJA wrote: exactly, i see a lot of "rag-less" dead guys still, and the point i was really trying to express that not all players are giving the "verbal hit" call when they are shot.

...and i second explosions, better yet lets just set the field on fire in the middle and "start her up"
Or, you could buy smoke grenades from cantttype here http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/forums/http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/newforums/viewtopic.php?t=3
to be a little more milsim and not burn people  ;D

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am

Let's try to keep this on topic fellas.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Mack
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Mack » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Here are a few things that we did in Oregon for MilSim. Most of these games were a campaign style series of games. Every few months would be the next in the series would pickup where the last left off. Most of them had no hicap and only SAW's could have a box mag rules.

Having a general game going with typical sector control type play for 2-3 factions. While this is going on 2-4 Spec Op teams are completing missions. i.e. destroy comm towers, capture HVTs and lazing targets for airstrikes.

Designated demo and engineers to destroy or repair team assets. i.e. artillery, comms, mobile respawns

Designated medics with limited amount of heals.

Limiting number of upgraded sniper platforms i.e. Only 4 sniper platforms above 400fps allowed per side.

Tiering fps based upon platform. i.e. pistols & subs = 330fps, Assault Rifle and SAW = 400 fps, DM = 550fps

python575
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by python575 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 pm

pyro, vehicles, props

Crow
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:51 pm

i would love to get into some milsim games. to get the vehicles and such is gonna cost money and i think any player that would like to be at one of these events should be ok with the games being more then $10 (not saying this is a issue). i know not everyone is made of money (I'm not myself) but to get these games to be most effective and have all the things we want is gonna cost money. this sport isn't cheap as most of us already know. I'm not saying that the price of games needs to go up I'm just putting another cost factor into the field of view. this whole idea of milsim is great and i would love to get into it. i like the idea that everyone would be wearing gear and looking a part. also one more thing, the games should be put up many months in advance so commanding positions can be put into place and everything can be set and everyone have the day marked off on the calender.  :D

Win
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Win » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:03 am

Hello all;
I was just reading through this thread and thought I would pass a long our web site. It is a real mil forum that is for everyone. You can get ideas or plan your mission there as well as get help if needed.

As far as rules we have been ironing those out for a few years now and have a pretty good system going. Keep in mind these are for realmil. Not a milsim. There is a difference. So you are welcome to use what you want or adjust them to fit your needs.
http://ncmilsim.org/http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/newforums/viewforum.php?f=9.0

There are a lot of NC teams that use this forum so if you have a question just ask away. As far as planning a mission for a OP, look to the history books. Look at some of the battles that were fought and then look at your field. Does the terrain fit what was at the battle? Do you have enough people to pull off a D-day mission? Or do you need to look at a squad on squad mission. As said if you are wanting to try something new. Most of the time it is best to talked to someone that has been doing it. It saves time.

demondawgdawson
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by demondawgdawson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Just curious: the G36k is issued to german special forces with a c-mag so would that be an exception to the box/drum mag rule?
Now, I once heard some bull crap about me wanting to take dumps on people's lawns, and I can personally assure you, this is true.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 am

That is another subject we've beat to a pulp in the past. If I recall correctly, the G36K is not a support gun regardless of the 100rnd mag.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Doublewolf

Post by Doublewolf » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 am

But we also said that in airsoft, a P90 could be a DMR if it was over a certain FPS.

Really, in Airsoft, any gun with a box mag could be a support gun. Instead of saying that only people with SAWs could use box mags, we could limit the amount of support gunners on a team. You can use a box mag with any gun, but only one support gunner per 4 players.

Just a thought.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm going to be a jerk here:

WHAT PART OF MILSIM, AND MORE SPECIFICALLY REALMIL DON'T PEOPLE GET!?!

[img width=384 height=208]http://i30.tinypic.com/9109ht.jpg[/img]
Last edited by SteevoLS on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

D.Smitty

Post by D.Smitty » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:55 pm

SteevoLS wrote: I'm going to be a jerk here:

We all started doing what we love somewhere...

Joshua
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Joshua » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:38 pm

SteevoLS wrote: I'm going to be a jerk here:

[img width=384 height=208]http://i30.tinypic.com/9109ht.jpg[/img]
I get what he's saying. We've gone through this already. You can get an AK47 a box mag, heck I've seen Glocks with box mags..Does not make them a support weapon. (M60, SAW, M240, MG43) <- SUPPORT WEAPONS  :)
In regular games I don't mind people using the box mags in M16s and stuff, but M/R it should really be specific.
IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE