What do you want to see in MilSim games?

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

What do you want to see in MilSim games?

Post by severed » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Keeping in mind that these games are to simulate military operations and not so much firefights what do you want to see in future MilSim games?  Feel free to discuss rules you want to see in effect, ideas for objectives, ideas for medic rules etc. 
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: What do you want to see in MilSim games?

Post by severed » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

In my opinion rules re: high caps or other gear restrictions can impact players wallets. We could start off lenient and then tighten the screws over a few months giving people time to acquire the necessary gear.  It will also give players a chance to get out on the field with what they already have and see what it's all about so they can decide if this style of play is for them.  If not it didn't cost anything to give it a shot.  I wouldn't want to exclude anyone from playing a MilSim game but I don't want to short change the folks that want a more realistic game.  This is a game of poker and just cause your cards add up to 21 doesn't mean you win the pot, it's a different game, if you know what I mean. 

What I'd eventually want to see is NO high cap mags, period.  I know there are some guns that you can't buy mids for, that's where you'll have to limit either the number of mags or play honest and limit the number of BB's you load into the mags.  Box mags for support weapons only, no your M4/g36/AK/mp5 is not a support weapon and therefore cannot have a box mag.

I'd also like to see folks on the field at least attempting to look somewhat professional.  No sneakers, band tees, etc.  BDU's and DCU's are cheap and a tan or green t-shirt is even cheaper when it's too hot for the blouse.  Web gear is fine, chest rigs and plate carriers even better.  Helmets are baller status.  It's not about spending a ton of money, it's about making the effort and getting what you can afford or building over time.

Squad or unit integrity, no loan wolves.  If you're hit, get medic'd in the field and stay with your squad.  If you bleed out or need to be pulled back, call it in to your command post and await orders to disengage and pull back for respawn.  Proper squad movement, comms, hand signals, all that good stuff.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Jeremy314
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Jeremy314 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Well there are some things listed there, that in my opinion, could be left for the realmil type games, but over all I agree with you Sev.

Addressing the support weapon thing, No an MP5 or AK (get an RPK/RPD) will NEVER be a support weapon, and an M4 really shouldn't be unless someone's put some money into making it a Shrike LMG, and same for a G36 (standard length version with Beta-C drum) which will be cheaper to turn into a SAW then that shrike conversion. If it makes sense to be a SAW type weapon I think it's ok to use a drum/box mag.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm

I would want three things:

- Gear restrictions. I don't hold it against anyone who doesn't wear a realistic loadout, but there is a large element of fun added when PC's, helmets, matching camo, etc. are worn.

- Obviously magazine restrictions... I would be game for a lowcap-only scenario, but midcaps work too.

- An organized com system. There's always a crap-load of unnecessary chatter over the radios.

I do agree with you, Sev, about easing players into it. My wallet knows all about the cost of looking realistic...
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

GREEN NINJA
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by GREEN NINJA » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Let me start by saying milsim games would be a great addition to our airsoft community.
I would love to see some vehicles brought into the mix, real military vehicles would be sweet but ANY vehicles adapted for troop transports, armored tanks, etc. would add some realistic elements. We obviously would need a few rules in place for safety but if done right it could add another level to these OPs.
Also  I would like to see a MANDITORY dead rag rule, and verbal "hit" call in effect, this rule maybe good for all ops...just a thought.
  ▲
▲ ▲

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm

i would like to see real missions...ie hold this ground for x-mount of time. extract this person to exfil point. kill vip. doing actual recon without firing a shot.

now also i would tend to think that these scenarios would not all be specops/operator based...not everyone is an operator or should be. granted the more exciting games would be more socom based stuff....holding the line is just as important or guarding the flank/rear

i agree mids only...so bringing a smg/pdw is like bringing a knife to a gun fight(unless its your backup/secondary).

players can build up to gear...learning to play the game is more importaint than looking the part for now.  real gi's get their stuff issued, we have to buy ours. 8)
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:06 pm

UAVs, body armor, humvees, helicopters, tanks, jets, explosions
2 Dealers and a Joker.............Death Dealers

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Straight... we're talking milsim.. not realmil.. we're not edumacated enuff to do t them there fancy thingys...
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 pm

GREEN NINJA wrote:Also  I would like to see a MANDITORY dead rag rule, and verbal "hit" call in effect, this rule maybe good for all ops...just a thought.
This is already the case for all AOSC games. See Article III, Rule# 1 of the AOSC Charter ;).
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Dominum wrote: This is already the case for all AOSC games. See Article III, Rule# 1 of the AOSC Charter ;).
not practiced enough...
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm

IronChef wrote: not practiced enough...
True that...

Mandatory seems kinda silly for something that will keep you from being shot at over and over again....DUH! If you really don't wanna get shot as a dead man then you'll bring a rag...

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Here is my 2cents.
1) Complete command structure from CO all the way down to squad leaders. This includes XO's, platoon leaders, platoon sgts, and so forth.
2) Realistic scenario's with realistic squad and platoon mission inserted, such as moving and taking an objective and repelling counter attacks. Removal of hostages, personel, etc.
3) Gear--if we are going to play milsim/realmil games, we need to look the part
4) Comms--they have them in real world, so lets make sure everybody has them.
I would like to see this come into effect over the course of 1 to 2 years. As been stated before, these games would not be for everybody, but those who do want it will spend the money to make it right.
As I said, these are just my thoughts
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

Explosions.
[img width=700 height=131]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161 ... banner.jpg[/img]
How do I get to the Wellford field? Check the website below.
http://airsoftsc.webs.com/contact.htm

Want to schedule a game? Ask me how.

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 am

What is with the Death Dealers and explosions?! ;D

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 am

I don't care if it's a paintsoft, milsim, or realmil game; every SC game I've been to in the last year has had rampant issues with people not bothering to say/do anything when they were hit. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they get pissed off when I shoot them again!
There's no kill switch on awesome!