What do you want to see in MilSim games?

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: What do you want to see in MilSim games?

Post by splatmaster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, was just at a real mil this weekend. Went on patrol to start out, all the way around the AO, then back to the main house for guard duty, then replaced. Back in the house, tossed a few brats on the grill, chilled out for an hour, then went back out on guard duty. Spotted the first enemy contact, a sniper spotter team, grabbed a few buddies and we managed to ambush and take them out. one was KIA, the other only wounded(they had casualty cards that told their status when shot). So, searched them, took their maps, found their comm chanel. Executed the prisoner after letting our reporter interview him. They were both done for the rest of the game, they sat in the out of play area. Heard on enemy comms the location of another enemy sniper team, and swiftly pushed them back. At this point, a spy in our midst got a message to them stating that their comms had been compromised, and they switched to another channel. After a few more hours of gaurd duty, and another brat, they finally attempted to take our gate where we searched all vehicles going in and out. Lost half of our team, but whittled them down as well. In the closing minutes, was forced to shoot a teammate who was wounded and in danger of being captured by the other team. Was necassary. So, throughout the entire day, shot two mags, killed two enemy, one teammate, and didn't die. Had a blast doing it to. THATS what a real mil can be like.
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 pm

I had a good time at this game as well.  When they made an assault on the gate I went on their right flank and took out 2 guys before getting shot.  I think I went through about half a mag.  Walked all over the place doing patrols and sat next to a tree for an hour because I thought I heard something in the woods.  Definitely not your normal airsoft game and wouldn't be for everyone, but I had fun and will continue to go to the RealMils
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Villid
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Villid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Joshua wrote: I get what he's saying. We've gone through this already. You can get an AK47 a box mag, heck I've seen Glocks with box mags..Does not make them a support weapon. (M60, SAW, M240, MG43) <- SUPPORT WEAPONS  :)
In regular games I don't mind people using the box mags in M16s and stuff, but M/R it should really be specific.
I'm not much on the realmils, at least not yet, but i do agree with you guys that anything can technically a support weapon if you use a box mag, so it has to be limited to specific weapons.  However, DDD's question about the g36k is a valid, since a support weapon version is issued to a real world military unit.  Saying that a real world weapon doesnt apply to real mil airsoft seems contradictory, but thats just my opinion.
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm

The G36K is NOT a support weapon. There is a variant of the G36, called the MG36, which is a support weapon.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Stomper87
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Stomper87 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm

What about an AUG? There is a support weapon version of the gun with a longer barrel and a bi-pod. Its even a support weapon on CODMW2 :P
P* Ares Tar21
P* PTS Masada
Magpul KWA lm4
KA Galil SAR
G&G UMP
G&P ak47
CA mp5a4

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Do you have an AUG HBAR? There is no point in endlessly rehashing hypothetical situations which have been beaten to death in existing threads.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Don't bring MW2 into this, it's NOT completely realistic, as most people seem to believe. They have a fully automatic Glock 17, for crying out loud...
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 pm

An automatic G17 is realistic; they can be easily converted.

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Bushmaster wrote: Don't bring MW2 into this, it's NOT completely realistic, as most people seem to believe. They have a fully automatic Glock 17, for crying out loud...
Ummm.. no... they have a G18c... but yeah.. MW2 isn't that great to say such and such is realistic...

M249, M60, RPD, Shrike, MG36, I'm sure there might be more.. but those are the ones that are considered Support weapons and are allowed to have box mags during milsim and realmil games.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Villid

Post by Villid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Bushmaster wrote: The G36K is NOT a support weapon. There is a variant of the G36, called the MG36, which is a support weapon.
Ok, thats my error there.  I was referring to the mg36.  i have seen one member who does have the mg36, and that is why i brought up the g36 as a support weapon. 
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:39 pm

I also went to the Real Mil this past Sat. The team that Gambler, Splat, and I was on was not even allowed to use support weapons. I drove over 400 miles round trip to go to this game. I sat in a class and learned some valuable land navigation info. I then grilled hot dogs, went on patrol, and stood guard duty. I got into the fight at the gate and got 3 kills before I got shot. After that, my game was over. In all I spent 17hrs going, playing, learning, and coming back home to use 1 120rd mid cap mag. That is what a real mil is about. It is more objective base, not a lot of firing. So with that being said, DO You Need a Support gun?
If it is a airsoft version of a real world support gun, then I am for it. If not, then NO. Just because germany or another country uses them as support weapons, that does not mean we will. If you want to use a support weapon, my suggestion is that you buy one, then you will never be questioned about it. A real mil is not and will not be for everyone. It is totally different. There will be one this year in SC, and a lot of people will get a rude awakening.
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Diesel wrote: A real mil is not and will not be for everyone. It is totally different. There will be one this year in SC, and a lot of people will get a rude awakening.
This!

@Jeremy: MW2's "G18" has no fire selector. It is very possible to convert a G17 to automatic. Yay, inaccuracies that only we care about!

Villid

Post by Villid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I will say that reading about the real mils you guys have attended that they are probablly not something i would generally be interested in.  having said that, i would still like to try one tho, and am looking forward to info on the one you mentioned that will be in state.
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 am

Hmm.. I guess it doesn't have the fire selector.. just goes to show you how much I use the G18 in MW2 :P

Anyway... as people have said, if you want a support weapon during a Mil Sim/Real Mil game, then just buy a support weapon and no questions will be asked.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 am

Villid wrote: I'm not much on the realmils, at least not yet, but i do agree with you guys that anything can technically a support weapon if you use a box mag, so it has to be limited to specific weapons. However, DDD's question about the g36k is a valid, since a support weapon version is issued to a real world military unit.  Saying that a real world weapon doesnt apply to real mil airsoft seems contradictory, but thats just my opinion.
Remember, what makes a support weapon is NOT the mag capacity, but the ability to sustain fire. If people show up with ACTUAL MG variants of assault rifles, like AUG HBARs and MG36s, then they would be allowed. Simply throwing a box mag in an assault rifle does not, in either real life or airsoft, make it a support weapon in any case.
Doublewolf wrote:Really, in Airsoft, any gun with a box mag could be a support gun.
Absolutely correct, in AS, ANY gun can be a support gun. BUT, the purpose of a RealMil/MilSim is to e more like real life, and thus the extra restrictions for realisms sake.
Doublewolf wrote:But we also said that in airsoft, a P90 could be a DMR if it was over a certain FPS.
Ah, but the difference is that the DMR classification in AS is one of practicality, the rule isn't designed for realism. We simply have to have higher MEDS and semi auto only above certain FPSs for safety. The rules for support guns at RealMils/MilSims are for realism, not safety.

Stephen, the way to stop people from beating the dead horse is to explain why they should stop, not telling them they should :P.

Those of you still asking the question "It's realistic to use a drum mag in this, so why can't I in a MilSim/RealMil?" want to know specifically why. Well, believe it or not, it is not hypocritical to allow only LMGs/SAWs to use drum/boxmags in these game types (though it appears so), even though plenty of real military forces us them in many forms of assault rifles. The reason is because, in the real world, regardless of the mag capacity of ANY gun, it is ONLY used for sustained suppressing fire in guns that are built to do so without overheating, etc. These are obviously LMGs and SAWs. So, though MANY real guns use very large capacity mags, they can not sustain fire like an actual support gun can. However, in airsoft guns, as long as there are durable parts any AEG can be made to sustain long bursts and long periods of suppressing fire, regardless of model. Therefore, in order to facilitate realistic use of LMGs/SAWs as opposed to assault rifles, mag limits are placed. Hence, the mag limits have nothing to do with realism as far as what mags are actually used in the real world, but realism as far as how the guns are fired and how long fire is sustained. Ergo the limit on drum/box mags is not incongruent to the real world after all.

Now, let's leave the poor dead horse alone ;).
Last edited by Dominum on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]