"Player X" Permabanned from the AOSC Forums

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

"Player X" Permabanned from the AOSC Forums

Post by Dominum » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:44 pm

In accordance with our transparency procedures, this is to inform you all of action taken against "Player X".

The player in question has been permanently banned from these forums due to his insistence on posting factually incorrect and intentionally misleading statements in his for sale threads, and absolutely refusing to stop doing so. I originally was going to merely ban him from the Buy/Sell/Trade section for his actions, but I was told that that would be very impractical and time consuming to just ban him from these sections. Since this was the case, and the player in question had made it clear that he had no intention of actually being a member of our community, but merely wished to mislead and then pitch a childish fit when called on it, that he should simply be banned from further use of these forums. I then agreed to said Rep's reccomendation, and motioned as such. The vote was unanimously in favor in light of his actions.

Here is the reason for his ban:
"I have had problems with this person (PlayerX) in the FS sections for some time now. The first several times he posted, he would not follow the rules and would leave the most important ones out. Like anyone else, I would PM him and ask him to fix them. It got to the point where it was obviously intentional, as I ALWAYS had to ask him to fix the same things. I sent him a polite PM informing him that he should know what was required by now, and in the future any of his posts missing vital info would simply be deleted. He corrected it, and after that did so. No real problem there. Then he started posting factually (not opinion) inccorect statements in his for sale threads in order to sell them. I called him on a few of them, and PMed him explaining how they were wrong, and that they had to be removed so as not to mislead players. The first few times, I told him that I did not think that he was doing it on purpose, but must be misinformed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and was polite and proffessional. Well, he recently posted this in his MG36 FS thread: "SIMPLEST AND MOST RELIABLE SUPPORT WEAPON AVAILABLE" This is 100% and irrefutably incorrect. It is in fact one of the most complex and most difficult to work on support weapons on the market. In any case, here is the exchange we had:
Subject: FS

Quote from: Dominum on November 05, 2010, 10:25:53 PM
"Most reliable and simplest Support weapon available."

I know you are an experienced player and know a thing or two about guns, but you can't just go around making bogus claims just to sell your guns.
^Note that this is after his repeated false claims. I removed the claim from his post, and he added it back in.

His Reply:
Subject: re:BS

Quote from: "PlayerX" on November 06, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
I don't consider anything "Bogus" about that statement....

Let me elaborate, oh and try to keep up.
1) Support weapons (mostly) are built off a version 6 gearbox and are notoriously unreliable
2) The MG36 is simply a G36 with a 2500rnd C-Mag
3) The MG36 is a version 2 based weapon therefore making it far more reliable and far and away more simple than any Version 6 / Box Mag system

So as you can see, If you're still following me, that my claim is neither bogus nor misleading.
Maybe you don't have as much experience with as many guns but its no reason to accuse another party of what you feel is your opinion.

By the way, I sell every one of my guns I post, because my listings are straightforward and honest.
I appologize if you feel differently, but it will not affect the result.
My reply:
Subject: re:re:BS

Are you seriously lecturing me based on completely false statements? Did you just pull this information out of your ass and think it would fly? Since you are being an arrogant asshat, I'll respond in kind, except I won't sound like a moron:

Let me destroy your premise piecemeal, and please, do try and keep up:

Quote from: "PlayerX" on November 06, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
I don't consider anything "Bogus" about that statement....

Let me elaborate, oh and try to keep up.
1) Support weapons (mostly) are built off a version 6 gearbox and are notoriously unreliable

Wrong. There is not a single support weapon based on a V6 gearbox. V6s are used in P90s (with a horizontal motor cage), and Thompson M1s (with an almost vertical motor cage). They are not used in any support weapon. The gearbox used in most support weapons is a proprietary design that is simpler than V3s, V2s, AND V6s. What you seem to think is unreliable are those manufactured by A&K a few years ago, which use an unreliable microswitch for the trigger but are fundamentally simpler, easier to work on, and more reliable than any of the above gearbox types, all else being equal.

2) The MG36 is simply a G36 with a 2500rnd C-Mag

Thank you for that blinding glimpse of the blatantly obvious.

3) The MG36 is a version 2 based weapon therefore making it far more reliable and far and away more simple than any Version 6 / Box Mag system

Wrong... again. The MG36 (Like all airsoft H&K 36 variants) is based on a V3 gearbox, which is comparable to a V2 in difficulty of use (though the trigger assembly is more of a PITA in the V3), and much more difficult to access than either a M60/M249 gearbox OR a V6, and is more complex and difficult to work on by definition. All things being equal, the design of an average support weapon gearbox is more reliable and simpler by far than the V3 that an MG36 uses. Also, MG36s have the same notoriously complex and unreliable fire selection assembly that all 36s do. They are highly prone to failure and the parts to fix it are very hard to find.

So as you can see, If you're still following me, that my claim is neither bogus nor misleading.
Maybe you don't have as much experience with as many guns but its no reason to accuse another party of what you feel is your opinion.

So, as can be seen by anyone who has ever worked on the inside of a V3 and a SAW gearbox, your claim is as misleading as it is incomprehensibly illogical. Maybe you have little to no hands on experience, but it gives you no excuse for making a claim based on non-facts and then defending it by acting like an ass. What demonstrates your lack of knowledge even more so is the fact that, if we lived in a world where most SAWs used V6s and 36s used V2s, you would STILL be horribly incorrect !

By the way, I sell every one of my guns I post, because my listings are straightforward and honest.
I apologize if you feel differently, but it will not affect the result.

I apologize if you feel that I was accusing you of being intentionally misleading, you have satisfactorily proven that you simply have no idea what you are talking about, so I assume that you were not attempting to be misleading, but honestly thought you were correct. Next time, check your facts, then come to a conclusion, then defend said conclusion with said facts.

It is therefore empirical fact, not opinion, that the MG36 in question is NOT the most reliable OR simplest airsoft support weapon on the market, not even remotely close. I understand now, due to your asinine response, that you did not (apparently) intend to mislead people, but that you were simply misinformed. Since this is the case, I will merely remove that portion of your post again. If you choose to re-modify your post with what amounts to a disproven lie, your FS threads will be deleted and you may be banned from further use of the Buy/Sell/Trade sections because, as of now, you know this to be false, and I will not have willing misrepresentation of facts on this forum..
^Note that I removed the claim from his post AGAIN, and after I told him he would be banned from the section if he added it again, he remodified his post and added it AGAIN.

His reply:
Subject: Re:re:BS

Quote from: "PlayerX" on November 06, 2010, 11:15:31 PM
It's SOLD BITCH!

Go ahead and delete it you Fat Fuck
^He then gave me a neg feedback that simply said "Faggot", and a neutral feedback at the same time that said the same thing."
Last edited by Dominum on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Re: "Player X" Permabanned from the AOSC Forums

Post by idiot88 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm

He should not have left you neg feedback, nor even positive feedback.  Your feedback must stay at 69 FOREVER.
Help control the population.  Spay and neuter your humans.

Ociffer Action
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Ociffer Action » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:08 pm

He received what was coming at him like a "rabid middle linebacker"...good job 8) I want to give you a +1, but that would ruin the 69...lol
"Don't like cops? Just remember the cop that gives you a ticket in the morning could be the same cop that gives you his life that night."
- Anonymous

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 pm

When I saw he called you a female dog and a fagot I loved it  who says that... that's like calling a cop a stupid pig for pulling you over.  Some things you just dont say to people who have power, and we all know how Dom loves his power. He cradles it in his arms at night before he goes to bed.  ;D

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

idiot88 wrote: He should not have left you neg feedback, nor even positive feedback.  Your feedback must stay at 69 FOREVER.
He left me feedback, not rep points.
Rev wrote: When I saw he called you a female dog and a fagot I loved it  who says that... that's like calling a cop a stupid pig for pulling you over.  Some things you just dont say to people who have power, and we all know how Dom loves his power. He cradles it in his arms at night before he goes to bed.  ;D
But not until after I make it eat it's veggies so it'll grow up big and strong. Then we can take over the world together... ;)

The fact that he attacked me personally was merely childish, what was downright stupid was the fact that he made up a bunch of total BS... in order to defend his total BS statement. Apparrently he thought that I don't know the first thing about AEGs and could bluff his way out of the hole he dug :D.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:33 am

TIL: The definition of "piecemeal"
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Henry, I would like to state that I am very disappointed by this ruling.  If I can't freely make outrageous claims that I decide to interpret as facts even after disproven, and then verbally attack and abuse people when I am corrected, how will I ever sell anything, ever?  I mean, really.  Jeez.  What is this, the Airsoft Organization of Fascism?

;D
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Arbee wrote: Henry, I would like to state that I am very disappointed by this ruling.  If I can't freely make outrageous claims that I decide to interpret as facts even after disproven, and then verbally attack and abuse people when I am corrected, how will I ever sell anything, ever?  I mean, really.  Jeez.  What is this, the Airsoft Organization of Fascism?

;D
noone pays attention to you arbee......EVER!
and i jsut noticed the transparent clause, i would appreciate it if everyone in the aosc kept their clothes on during rulings.... :D
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:51 pm

they are on you can just see through them.

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:46 pm

IronChef wrote: noone pays attention to you arbee......EVER!
You may consider this a verbal attack, you bundle of twigs female doggy! XD
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:09 pm

poultry fornicator!
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 pm

all phat phooks.

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 am

Maybe a necro, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I'm not even gonna touch the unprofessional and discourteous way the dude acted.  That's pretty hard to contest.  The incorrect specifications are also undeniable, but when it comes to saying what's simple and what's not, I really can't help but think 'opinion'.
I mean, the guy was certainly F.O.S. but comparatively speaking, rocket science is simple...as long as you're a rocket scientist.

All in all though, good move.  I'd have handled it differently had it been me (don't get me wrong, I don't miss mod powers or responsibilities), but definitely the right call.

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 am

Agreed
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill