Registration Closing time

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Registration Closing time

Post by Gambler » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am

At all future AOSC games registration will close at 9:30. If you show up after this, 2 minutes or 2 hours, you will be charged and extra $5 on top of the game fee and you will be registered and chrono'd after the safety briefing and after the game has started at the Game rep's earliest convenience. The AOSC is no longer going to hold up games for everyone that shows up on time, because of a few people that choose to show up late.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Registration Closing time

Post by slickridley » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

This is good.
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

dftrent12
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by dftrent12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

I agree with this 100%
If high caps kill little girls
Then drum mags commit genocide
Is tactical pastel pony

Oh this baby? It is genuine walmart brand.
If it has been said by Henry, then it's probably right.

Avenger
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Avenger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 pm

I like this. There should also be something solid for the lunch break instead of the three hour stops I usually see.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:16 pm

I can count the number of games you have been to on one hand and still have leftover fingers. Lunch breaks are usually not an issue... starting time often is.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Sound great. Be on time! Start on time! Pay if late! No problem here.
As for lunch breaks, most event just have a 2 hour dinner break. It should be up to you and, more so, your co to setup breaks. Hate to say it, but the best time to make points is when most the other team spent their energy during the morning. Then by lunch, they have to call it.
This is not a video game. This is war simulation. In war, there is no dinner bell. Eat, reload, pee, and rest in shifts.
During a few ops that I commanded, I ran my army in three units. Two on the field, one off. Yes it sucked for the opening battle that one full unit was off the field, but I then had even rotation though out the whole day. But that is me.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm

You are correct Ghost. Even at 24 hour games where there are no planned breaks, most command staff schedules there guys for eating and some sleep.

As for thw new rule, it will work out well.... No more excuses.

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 pm

I think this is a great idea ! In the military if your just on time your still late . I wish this was in effect during Apple pie ! That is one of the main reasons why the game started so late, was waiting for a CO/XO to arrive , then had many questions that delayed the start . When in all reality they should have been there , first thing . This is just my opinion , agree or dis agree , those are the facts. I also think if you are a CO/XO you should have to be there at 8 am . If not you forfeit your right to command !
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 pm

In reference to Apple Pie, I rode with Mojo, and had no control on when we arrived, even though we did arrive well before scheduled game start (10am). I myself am usually at a game early with plenty of time to spare. That being said, things happen. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. In regards to the questions, there were too many holes in the rules and gameplay that needed to be addressed. With all this finger pointing going on, you might get the impression that every AOSC game started on time except this one.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I understand where your coming from marauder , and I know from previous experience that you personally are uasally early for games. That's why it was surprising for me to see you arrive when you did. That being said , if you and your xo felt there was so many flaws and questions regarding the game why arrive at the last minute ? I understand you were not driving and had no control over it. But the driver did have the most questions and knew to ask so much was gonna take up so much time.
I am not finger pointing , because as the admin of that particular game it still was my responsibility, and I am solely to blame. I think some of this is because this was one of the biggest turn outs @ the Airfarm, and the AOSC in a while other than SGC, and I or we dropped the ball . In the end we( the AOSC ) are here to serve the player base, and in this game in particular, I/We dropped the ball. If you look in the post game chat , that is the biggest complaint of the game. But not just this game but really all games , that one was just on a bigger scale. If the player base is not happy then they have no use for us . In the end "the needs of the many , out weigh the needs of the few". So if it sounded as a personal attack , I humbly apoligize ! It was not my intent .

v

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:55 pm

It wasn't so much any flaws, as it was questions and concerns that weren't detailed in black and white. When we didn't go over all this on the phone as planned, I brought them up on game day to clear up any confusion.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 am

Agreed Mr marauder , I accept all responsibility for that . Hope fully this will never happen agian .

v

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:19 am

This rule is supported by myself. Show up on time, or pay late. One or the other, no in between. And Avenger, just take a sandwich in the field with you, and some chips. This is what I do, and games past September should not be a problem, as the heat is not bad.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 am

SteevoLS wrote:I can count the number of games you have been to on one hand and still have leftover fingers. Lunch breaks are usually not an issue... starting time often is.
How many freaking fingers do you have?!?!?!?!
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:28 am

Considering you have 5 game names put down, and atleast one of those is not an aosc game, he has the normal amount.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102