Six Million Dollar Goats?

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Doublewolf
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Six Million Dollar Goats?

Post by Doublewolf » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Among the more egregious examples of boondoggles he cited: “importing rare blond Italian goats to boost the cashmere industry.” The $6 million program included shipping nine male goats to western Afghanistan from Italy, setting up a farm, lab and staff to certify their wool.

A chart summarizing task force initiatives shows the inspector general did not conduct an audit of the program. The program, according to a contractor’s analysis, may have created as many as 350 jobs. Sopko ripped the Pentagon and the task force for failing to track its spending. It’s not unclear, for instance, if the goats were eaten.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /79060892/

The US military spent 6 million dollars shipping nine goats to Afghanistan, and they lost the goats. Makes me not want to pay taxes.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Six Million Dollar Goats?

Post by Dominum » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:08 am

At least I feel less badly about losing my goats.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

AnarchySurvivor
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Six Million Dollar Goats?

Post by AnarchySurvivor » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 pm

I would be more worried about the US plans to shrink our military. To be honest I think is a bad time to be doing due to conflicts already occurring around the world right now. And wow 6 million dollars just to certify wool. Man we just blow money off at such random things, well it's America it's what we do
Callsign: Anarchy
Preferred Role: Light Assault
Primary: Krytac Trident MK 1 SPR
Secondary: Elite Force 1911 A1

Milsims Attended: OP Badlands, AOSC 7th Anniversary Game, OP Greycell 2, OP Dinner Plate 2