Your wheels

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Your wheels

Post by Hotspur93 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Actually ive never been stopped for them. Apparently completely blacked out lights are but mine arn't. I have talked to several police officers and they all said that they look fine.
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Just so you know, if you get rear-ended with nightshade on your tail lights, it's your fault.  I had mine lightly dusted but I decided to replace them after getting a generous warning last week.  Do it at your own risk man, I don't wanna see that nice ride with a dent at the next game.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 pm

It comes down to is officer's discretion like in Gabe's case.  I wouldn't go by what a police officer or two said unless I researched the issue myself.  Unless your tinted covers are DOT approved, then you are good to go!
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Is there a reason why you would want them dark? I mean, if it's sold there must be, but I always thought of cars as functional transportation, and any feature that prevents my wife and I from death and monetary loss I tend to keep intact...

Sev, yours will never compare to my totally awesome station wagon.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Hotspur93 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Well the car actually came with the lights like that. I have considered having standard lights put back in but i dont do a whole lot of night driving anyway so i decided to keep them. And i just recently discovered that within the past couple of days someone put a HUGE ding in the rear passenger side of my car T.T. It looks like someone full on opened a door into it and just left... T.T
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow, that sucks. I am equally ticked, as a few weeks ago I had someone drive into the back of mine and I am still waiting on their crappy insurance company to pay me. I can't believe they bent up the body of my gorgeous and just-like-new 95 Volvo Wagon! Now I have to cut out the rear passenger wheel well so it doesn't grind against it, hammer the rear passenger door closed and seal it with silicon caulk, and then break the back hatch open to get my stuff out and then figure out a way to keep it closed. Granted, it will then be even more ghetto rigged than it used to be, but in addition to being functional and having reliable primary components, it will also have a net cost of about zero dollars, and I have been driving it for six years now. It's hard to beat that kind of cost to benefit ratio, even if you do have to sacrifice looks.
Last edited by Dominum on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

MCG
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by MCG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Dominum wrote: Is there a reason why you would want them dark?
Lot's of people like the look of it. By lots of people I mean those of us who spend thousands of dollars accessorizing their cars to make them better when that perfectly good money could have been spend on airsoft. I'm planning to put black lights on my truck in a few months to match the overall color scheme, but I'll be buying entire new units with clear lenses and black backing.

BTW, Ellen says to get a new car.
Last edited by MCG on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm

She told me that too, I told her to pay for it :P. All my monehs went into her car and my business startup. I have no extra monehs anymore :(.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by PRincess » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:08 pm

[img width=640 height=478]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_Inpw ... 56_933.jpg[/img]

My poor baby... The insurance company and repair shop want to get her standing again, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Pew pew pew... 'Murica

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm

That is some badass negative camber.  Dorifto kids would kill for that.  :D
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by PRincess » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:58 pm

airsoftsniper11 wrote: That is some badass negative camber.  Dorifto kids would kill for that.  :D
Ha ha ha! I know. It is also some badass damage and one unhappy owner.
Pew pew pew... 'Murica

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:23 am

jrleonard wrote: Ha ha ha! I know. It is also some badass damage and one unhappy owner.
How did you manage to break the rear axle like that, anyway?  I don't see any damage on the truck to suggest you hit a curb or something.
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by PRincess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am

airsoftsniper11 wrote: How did you manage to break the rear axle like that, anyway?  I don't see any damage on the truck to suggest you hit a curb or something.
I did manage to go sideways into a curb. I am surprised I didn't do any body damage, but it was one of those once in a lifetime situations where it will never happen again.
Pew pew pew... 'Murica

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:45 am

Ouch, well hopefully it'll get fixed.  Could have been worse.
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by PRincess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm

airsoftsniper11 wrote: Ouch, well hopefully it'll get fixed.  Could have been worse.
Definitely. Everything can get fixed with the right amount of money.  8)
Pew pew pew... 'Murica