Flash Supressor

Forum rules, game rules, life skills... read these or die!
xxproto21xx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Flash Supressor

Post by xxproto21xx » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Mr. Marauder wrote:What one officer/deputy lets slide, a state trooper will easily cite/charge you for it.
lol fixed that for you.
|

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm

xxproto21xx wrote:
Echo1 Operator wrote:
xxproto21xx wrote:a lot of criminals are now trying to make their guns look like toys
No, they aren't.
Ok. Let me put it to you like this unless you are on the street actually dealing with crime and actually know whats going on you can not comment on this by saying no they are not. I speak from personal experience, and convictions in criminal court. I highly doubt you can say anything near the same....
Thanks for the tip. I will be watching out for gang bangers armed with NERF guns.
xxproto21xx wrote:
Echo1 Operator wrote: You aren't required to tell a police officer about weapons in your vehicle. It's none of their business.
Actually you are supposed to. If you held a SC CWP ( Concealed weapons permit) you would know you are to state you have a firearm in the car, where its at, and do exactly what you are told to do for your safety.
CWP holders only need to inform the officer of the firearm if they are carrying it on their person.
xxproto21xx wrote:
Echo1 Operator wrote: Having guns in your car or refusing a search isn't PC.
Actually having a firearm in your car is enough in the City of Columbia.
No, it isn't. Having a firearm legally stowed in the glove box gives you the ability to terry frisk the vehicle. As you should know, this is for officer safety. This does not allow you to search the vehicle beyond the terry frisk.
xxproto21xx wrote: In all honesty If I see someone driving with full tac gear on, and I ask them if there is anything that could be a threat to my safety such as fire arms or knives in the car, and they tell me they have been playing paintball/ airsoft, and they do have items xyz in the car. As long as you are truthful, your explanation makes sense, and you don't have a warrant or something you will be given a warning( By law we have to give you a warning.
A warning for legally having guns and tactical gear in the car?
xxproto21xx wrote: Giving bad advice when you clearly don't know what you are talking about doesn't help anyone this will lead to someone getting hurt or getting into trouble because of something ignorant someone said on the internet.
The irony here is hilarious.
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 pm

The good thing about freedom is the choice to do what you know is right. Echo, fight the power with your rights. I will stick in the side of common sense.

Oh yes and to ignore your comments on the foes list.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am

I would more likely listen to a person who has had a background in law such as proto21 than a person who sells "New" batterys that he got from an airsplat junkyard such as echo1.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 am

slimshady222 wrote:I would more likely listen to a person who has had a background in law such as proto21 than a person who sells "New" batterys that he got from an airsplat junkyard such as echo1.
You are like 12 years old. Nobody cares what you think.

FYI Those batteries came from Redwolf Airsoft, dumb ass.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 am

slimshady222 wrote:I would more likely listen to a person who has had a background in law such as proto21 than a person who sells "New" batterys that he got from an airsplat junkyard such as echo1.
And as everyone has said, that is your choice. I have lots of respect for law enforcement, and If I didn't I wouldn't currently be dual majoring in Criminal Justice. However, I also realize that just as with any situation, having a little bit of skepticism and mistrust is never a bad thing. I like my rights, and while I am never a jerk about them, that does not mean that I will simply roll over for someone in blue with a shiny badge and a gun. Heck, if you know your rights that you have, a "One-Minute Lawyer" or so accused, that means you care more about the law than most anyways. How is that a problem?

Echo1 is right in this situation, and I think there is some butthurt over him understanding and being willing to use his rights. Not once have any of the people who you say are not using common sense advocated being a jerk about these rights. We simply feel that as Americans, and taxpayers who are paying the salary of these guys and girls, our rights should be respected.
Last edited by Bishop on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 am

Ditto to everything Ty said. Ignoring your rights for the sake of convenience trivializes the sacrifice of the people who worked so hard for us to have those rights in the first place.

Also, food for thought people get butthurt very fast if you start talking about corrupt LEOs. It doesn't change the fact that they are out there and the only good way to make sure they follow the rules is to follow them yourself and make it clear that you know your rights.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 am

14 actually
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay, when you were learning to add 2+2.

xxproto21xx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by xxproto21xx » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Echo I have a general sessions court judge and a federal judge that agree with me on this. Someone is sitting federal prison right now on a possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Also let me rephrase having a firearm in plain view in your vehicle is enough. If you have it stowed away in some crazy spot I would never know you had it anyway.

If you legally possess firearms, legally carry them then you wont have any issues. Just don't be messing about with them with law enforcement there.

It's just using common sense. Be smart, be safe, and everyone wins.

buttontk there is nothing wrong with knowing your rights and evoking the right to use them. It's just more often than not people think they know the codes of law when they don't have the faintest. For CJ in college they only really go over federal law, and court cases ( at least at Marshall, and USC ). That is the smallest section of laws, and once you get into state, and then municipal it gets pretty intense. Even though drunkenness may not be a federal or state charge it is a local city ordinance.

All I wanted to put forward in the beginning was that we don't only need to look at federal code of law, but also state, and each city we are at. Especially smaller cities their ordinances can be a little crazy. I mean in Ohio if someone wanted to pull you over at night they could because of a law stating you must have someone 50' in front of you with a lantern while driving at night. There is just some absolutely crazy stuff out there that I am not even aware of.

When you have some free time check municode.com and look up your city. You will be amazed at how many city ordinances they have.
|

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 am

xxproto21xx wrote:Also let me rephrase having a firearm in plain view in your vehicle is enough. If you have it stowed away in some crazy spot I would never know you had it anyway.

If you legally possess firearms, legally carry them then you wont have any issues. Just don't be messing about with them with law enforcement there.
Not once did I ever mention doing anything illegal. I also did not advocate transporting firearms incorrectly. Your statements were wrong, and if you're a police officer you should know the laws you enforce a lot better.

xxproto21xx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by xxproto21xx » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:
xxproto21xx wrote:Also let me rephrase having a firearm in plain view in your vehicle is enough. If you have it stowed away in some crazy spot I would never know you had it anyway.

Not once did I ever mention doing anything illegal. I also did not advocate transporting firearms incorrectly. Your statements were wrong, and if you're a police officer you should know the laws you enforce a lot better.
Have a nice day :)

|

Avenger
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Avenger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

This is the worst debate/drama I've seen since I was the ANG.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 pm

(1) Not really, this is being constructive unlike almost all the other tardfests.
(2) You still are.

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:45 pm

That stung a bit.

Not much though.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.