0800: Registration and chrono opens
0915: Briefing begins
0945: 1st evolution begins
1200: Lunch break
1315: 2nd evolution begins
1530: 3rd evolution begins
17:30 Game ends

Scenario:
We are going to use a concept that has been tested on a small scale, and despite some reservations proved to be extremely workable and a lot of fun to boot. Here's how it works:
There are three roughly equal teams; Alpha (green), Bravo (tan/brown), and Charlie (balancers like black, ACU, civies, etc.). There are TWO respawns that are roughly equidistant from "the hill" (the point everyone is trying to control). One team begins at the 'hill', this team has NO respawn. The other two teams begin one each at the two respawns, respectively. All three factions attempt to take control of the 'hill' by killing everyone else there and then maintaining their position there for as long as possible by defending it. The defending team CAN'T hold it forever because they only have two medic heals each and nowhere to respawn (when one of them runs out of heals, they stand off to the side and observe until their team is overrun). Whenever a different faction takes control of the 'hill', the faction that previously held it then gets the respawn of the faction that just took the 'hill', and around and around it goes. What's the objective? To hold the 'hill' longer than the other two factions cumulatively. It's important that we have players bring a change of fatigues in case the numbers are not balanced so some people can change.

Here are the three sets of respawns and 'hills':
Respawns at bases 7 and 6, the 'hill' is base 2
Respawns at bases 14 and 6, the 'hill' is base 3
Respawns at bases 12 and 14, the 'hill' is base 10

Rules:
-Heal by tying bandage (provided) around upper arm, max two consecutive heals, all friendlies are medics
-Mandatory three minute bleed out
-Deadrags required to play (Available for $1 at game)
-All AOSC rules apply (They can be found here: Click Here )
-Radios are recommended
-Dress for one faction or the other per the rules, you mix faction camo, you don't play (Black with green is NOT OK, etc.)
-Bring a change in case of unbalanced faction numbers
-Channel 1 is for admin, call me on channel 1 if you have any problems or questions at any time
-Stay hydrated!
-I highly recommend bringing a sidearm with no MED so you can clear fortifications
-AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather

Map:

Important Reminders:
-If you show up after we have begun play, call me on channel 1. It is NOT OK for you to take the field without having registered and chronographed with me first.
-You need to be IN LINE for Chrono and Registration BEFORE 0900. That means you need to show up at 0800, or 0830 at the very latest.
-Mixing tops and bottoms of different faction colors is NOT OK. It is a violation of the rules and you will be required to change.
-SC Airsoft Supply will be vending with most everything you need in stock on sight.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mini Op: King of the Hills @ Airfarm on 02/07/2015

Post by Dominum » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:07 am

"FREE STUFF AT GAMES
For the next three AOSC games anyone that brings a new player with them will get one free item from the free stuff bin, and so will the new player. Also, with any purchase from SC Airsoft Supply of $20 or more you will receive one free item. I recently marked down prices on ALL SCAS inventory to make some room. The free stuff is mostly small things I don't use anymore, with some other goodies thrown in by myself and others. The items are used and vary widely. Don't ask me for pics or info, show up to some games and see for yourself."
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Skywalker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Thoughts:

Scenario A... Thinking about it more I think I like it. The spawn location of 7 is closer to the hill, but they don't have woods that to get them as close with cover as the route from 6. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Scenario 2... Are there going to be rules about the distance the defending team can travel from the hill? And what are the rules about the two attacking teams engaging each other. I foresee the defenders in 3 getting bored and venturing out of the corner, making it even more difficult for an attacking team to make it in there. Not to mention that the two attacking teams are likely to engage each other before they get within range to engage the hill. Edit*-- Ok no of course the defending team wouldn't likely venture out because they have no respawn. So I guess I'm just saying the two attacking teams will have to run the other over before they can even make it to the hill and attempt to take it over.

Scenario last... Ok actually this one I like the most, on paper. Equal cover, neither team has much of an uphill advantage, and the hill is square between the two attacking teams. Which does mean it will be impossible to defend, but whatevs.

Over all seems pretty neat.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:42 am

A: Funny, my thoughts exactly.
B: While an attacking team will not need to destroy the other to get to 3, they will definitely have to engage each other. I imagine the forward defensive line will start at 4 and 13, then get pushed back. Whichever attacker does more of the pushing will then be exposed to enfilade fire from the other attacking team. It should make for a brutal bloodbath.
C: In small scale tests the defenders of 10 held out surprisingly long, however the time should decrease when scaled up because of teh maths.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Get ready for awesome, only two weeks away. Remember NOT to mix different color tops and bottoms, the camo rules will be STRICTLY enforced at this game for obvious reasons. Please bring a change for another faction as well, we may have to have some people change for balance.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Hey, guys, the Air Farm is a big field, so I'm going to be looking for a couple of volunteers to help me cover this game. Obviously, I don't want people who are planning to play to give that up, but if you've got a friend who's interested in seeing how airsoft's played around here, or if you don't have anything better to do that weekend, I would appreciate the help. I think I've already got a friend coming along, but having two more volunteers along can't hurt.

All you'd have to do is take notes and report game progress over the radio. Maybe take a few pictures/videos of your own while you're out there. I'll provide a radio and an earpiece for contributors for the duration of the game (obviously, you can't keep them), but that's about all I can provide, so you'll have to have your own eyepro and stuff.

I can't pay you, which is why I used the term "volunteer" earlier, but you'll have my undying gratitude and appreciation, and the undying gratitude and appreciation of the AOSC, and on top of all that, you'll receive the greatest honor of all: credit as contributors when I write up the post-game.

If you're interested, PM me here or e-mail me at arbeedoesairsoft@gmail.com

I should probably also mention that this is kind of a serious request. I'm looking for help covering the action, not for help reporting who isn't calling their hits or cheating or other stuff like that. RBDA volunteers should keep in mind that they will not be part of the game. They will not be armed, they will not point out enemy positions to their friends, they will not handle objectives or carry out missions other than the assigned reporting of events on the field.

If I ever catch anyone using RBDA as a cover to cheat that way, I won't hesitate throw you to the governing council of the AOSC.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration! Looking forward to seeing you there!
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Me, a friend of mine and Atl will be attending this game.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm gonna try and make this op if I don't run out of money first since it fall the weekend before payday. Haven't been to one in over 2 years. Should be interesting especially since I've lost most of my gear an am way out of shape. Note to self: start cardio workout so airsoft doesn't kill you. Lolz
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah, I started exercising about two weeks before I went up to Rattlesnake Ridge. It's amazing what a difference it can make, haha.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm sure
I get winded just walk in up stairs
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill

dizzy_dahlke
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by dizzy_dahlke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:27 am

I'm new here. About how many people are expected to come to this event?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 am

In airsoft, predicting a turnout is about as reliable as predicting something with a horoscope. That being said, for this game I expect a pretty strong turnout based on our upward trending numbers of late and the amount of people who said they'd be coming. It's likely to be around 50-60ish.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:48 am

Speaking of the unpredictable, the weather's supposed to be nice and sunny on Saturday, so we shouldn't have to worry about people not showing up because of rain. However, it's supposed to be a bit chilly out, so we might have people who decide they want to stay warm in their beds.