How did you get get your call sign

The this and that of airsoft.
DeadPool
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: How did you get get your call sign

Post by DeadPool » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 pm

I began reading the DeadPool Comics about a year ago and became obsessed with them. Ive been quoting them ever since and here i am
Op- Kudzu
Nc-Sc Border War

Crazy
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Crazy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Long story short dealing with mean reptiles with no fear about six years ago.
[img width=650 height=162]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6894/trialcrazy.png[/img]
CHECK US OUT AT www.myspace.com/airsoftsc
locked, loaded, one shot one kill. Shoot YOU later...
OP DeepScar 3: Nemisis Vet.
Operation Crossfire Vet.
Blue RAIN Hole Vet. LOL
Operation Dessert Crucible Vet.

Veimos
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Veimos » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:41 am

Esteban wrote: Spanish nickname. It's the closest to "Scott" as you can get.
Between your name, and the Spanish flag(i think) you wear on your gear, I've always wondered if you were a very fluent, English speaking, Spaniard.  Needless to say I was very confused.
OP: Domino(RF)
OP: The Assassination of a World Leader (AF)
OP: OP24 II -Villagers Revenge(AF)
OP: Strategies of War (RF)
OP: Attrition (AF) (Co)

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 am

He's more of a fluent, Spanish-speaking American. :P
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Pyrus_Conflagarus
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Pyrus_Conflagarus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:45 am

Mine came about a very long time ago. The first time I created a career playing Caesar 3, I wanted a nickname that fit me. Seeing as how the name "pyro"  (I used to be quite the pyromaniac) is far too overrused, I modified the word to sound more latin instead of greek. It wasn't until later that I learned about Pyrrhus of Epirus who was a Greek general/king from about 200BC who was well known for his successful, if sometimes costly battles. Since just about nobody uses it, Almost every Pyrus on the internet is more than likely me. I added the Conflagarus later to avoid the odd copycat that sometimes crops up... and to further emphasize the fascination with fire.
Since then I am pretty much known in the airsoft world simply as Pyrus or "FAL Guy," though ISF of Loveland CO calls me "Blesses" because I look so much like one of their members who goes by "Curses."
Last edited by Pyrus_Conflagarus on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased."--Spider Robinson
Fear is the mind-killer
Blog: Sane Rantings of a Madman
[Stealth]-[Bloody BB]-[Dedicated]-[Destroyer of Worlds]-[Customizer]-[Tactical Reloader]-
[Discard After Use-3x]-[Mule]-[Chairsofter]-[Dance F**ker! Dance!]-[1 of 300]

JayRoach
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by JayRoach » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Well its my nick name which is short for James and my last name all rolled in one, JayRoach. But please.... no one step on me, I'm not really a bug.
It is not the camo, or the gun that make a good player. its the skill, and team work from the man behind those things.

Chippy
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Chippy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 am

I have a few callsigns/nicknames:
-crumps, from crunkin crumpet on xbox

-my dad calls me Moe and my brother Ron

-aosc is currently Vix.

-Chippy: One day I was sitting down eating chips..I think you know where this is going.

-Vix: recently I decided to change it from chippy. So I was texting felix some ideas when I suddenly looked to my right to see some medicine for naval congestion and I I just took the name of it...vix
Hawaii 5-0
Echo1 Scar-L
Cyma M14
TM MP7 AEP
TM AK74/105

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:33 am

I didn't realize that belly button congestion was such a pandemic that they made a medicine for it...

Everyone Not only should you get your Colon probed when you get Diesel's age, but now you have to let your doctor mess around with another hole in your body :P
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

parabolicphi
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by parabolicphi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am

My call sign at work is Hoot. It's short for Hooters, I have a love for women's upper regions. That is about as family friendly as I can get this post.
Last edited by parabolicphi on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you do not overcome your fear, you WILL lose in combat"
"Suck it up and drive on"

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 pm

XD didn't realize I accidentally put naval. my phone likes to change words around on me :/...
Hawaii 5-0
Echo1 Scar-L
Cyma M14
TM MP7 AEP
TM AK74/105

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Mine comes from back when i played multiplayer PC games on XFIRE. i was registering for this thing called xfire that i had found on my call of duty UO expansion pack and i have always wanted to me a marine so i decided to be jarhead only problem was that jarhead was already taken as was jarhead1 and other such names that i tried. i realized i needed to come up with a number nobody would think of so i chose 904 thus jarhead904 came to be.
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Well being a Youth pastor my old team leader said Rev would fit me good. So I kept it since  then.

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:27 am

I'd rather be known by my first name, simply put.

However, clever b*stards at my unit insist on trying to shorten my already single-syllable last name, so I am sometimes called 'L'.  Not really sure how I feel about that, but h*** with it, I'd rather just let a name come to me than try to come up with one that may not fit.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 am

Obviously, my call sign is "Dominum".

It is frequently misspelled and mispronounced in a number of horrible renditions, "dominium, dominion, dominique, dominiom," etc.

So, let me set the record straight, it is pronounced "Dah-mee-noom". This is because it is a Latin word from, if I'm not mistaken, the pre-catholicism era when the more or less original dialects of Latin were spoken. The Republican Era of the Roman state essentially. The correct Latin pronunciation of "i" is "ee", and that of the "u" in this context is "oo".

The word "Dominum" is rarely found in most Latin texts, because most of those texts are post-imperial and often use other forms or derivations. English has extricated the words "dominion, domain, dominate", and various others from "Dominum". This is the original masculin form of the noun, and it means "Lord, Master, Master of, Lord of, or superior". Though the context it is usually used in now refers to God himself, that is not the original meaning and is not at all my use of it. I am using it as my callsign not in the latter sense, (in other words I'm not calling myself God, or anything close), but in the original sense, as a mortal Master or Superior, considering my vast array of opponents were merely A.I.

I have used it most of my life as my profile name in games and such, and figured it was only fitting as my call sign. Now I get more phone calls on a daily basis asking for "Dom" then I do Henry! LOL
Last edited by Dominum on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 am

Do not forget Dominominomnomnom.