Do you live in the Greenville/Spartanburg Area

The this and that of airsoft.
Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Do you live in the Greenville/Spartanburg Area

Post by Vesper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:58 pm

I'd rather change out my spring than to play a CQB game with guns blazing over 340 FPS with .20 gram BBs...

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Anyways, cantttype, you should get some of your ROTC guys come out and play, or set up an OPFOR type scenario game.

Darth Chuckie
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Darth Chuckie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:06 pm

For my M4 I have two mech boxes-one for field play and one with a M100 spring for CQB. I just change the boxes out and don't worry about. It's a good investment and only takes a short time to change out. I also got a JG G36 with a M100 in it that I deemed my CQB or playing with kids gun.
Rest in Peace, 4-4-14.

Turn to the Dark Side-it is your destiny!

DBoys M4 RIS
DBoys SCAR
JG G36C
JG M16 UFC
1911 GBB

Team Jolly Rogers, LOL, Team V V,

▲
▲ ▲

Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Skywalker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 pm

right, and thats fine for you guys who have guns tuned that way. But not everyone does. Also, I wasn't debating the cost of a m110 spring there... lol

and vesper man up lol. In GA there are plenty of CQB places that allow 400fps. Maybe with .20s but still.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Yuk, no thank you.
I have had a plenty of open wounds from 340 FPS with .20 gram BBs rule.

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 pm

haha. you need some fancy sun tan lotion or something, that gives your skin armor.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

marleynrs8
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by marleynrs8 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 pm

How about this? Anyone under 300fps with .25s, follows the current rules, meaning they CAN blast people fully auto from a foot away. But getting AEG's to that fps can honestly be a bit of a hassle. Personally, I deal with the current limit by using a trishot shotgun and pistol. BUT. What if those AEG's in the 300-350fps range(.25s) could use semi-auto with no MED as well?

Honestly, I hate fully auto in CQB anyways. It's dumb, look at what real military/le uses for room clearing/mout. It's semi-auto, precision fire. We're not those people, but the same thing applies. Like someone else mentioned, annoying chokepoints are made, especially in the one hallway, and I've seen/felt friendly's get chickened and poke a gun around a corner and light up their teamates backs from 5ft away with total lack of situational awareness. Semi-auto, at the very least indoors, would mitigate alot of these issues. And if the issue becomes where you can't tell who is under 300 and who is over, and therefore who can go fully auto and who can't, honestly it should just be changed to semi-auto anyways.

Also, please don't come to Wellford and try and shift the game towards the woods(I've seen people try to flank through the woods)/outside, this is a field meant to be utilized for it's cqb, please focus on that unique aspect of the field.

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Sun May 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Any rule that requires the operator to make a conscious decision between not shooting or switching guns has a high probability for error. Multiply that by the numerous time these decisions could possibly be made and you have a hefty risk assessment. The errors directly threaten YOUR safety.
Im not willing to take on that risk for a game of airsoft...are you?

50ft med is outside the building in the woods pretty much...Other than that you dont have much cover. Heck at a pickup game we could play the whole day with pistols. It depends on what everyone wants to do.

If you need a CQB gun I thought I saw a g36 for sale that was under 340fps that only cost $80! Would be a good investment if you lived in the upstate. ;)

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Being that those in this thread are in upstate I wanted to point this out: Echo 1 full metal M16 for $85! Mom won't let me buy anymore guns (with her knowledge ;) so I cannot do anything with this. Buy it looks like a good deal. Comes with gun, smart charger, extra mag, batt.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/2356634158.html

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Gods Eagle wrote:Most recent CQB games has this rule. but it hasnt always been this way. It used to be anything over 340 with a .20 was a absolute no go. now anything over 305 w/ a .25 has a 50 foot med and must stay outside. I personally hate the idea of guns shooting over 305 because it slows the game down drastically. Because it takes away from the whole aspect of CQB. if you have 1 person shooting hard at a chokehold point (ie. near the canteena) then everyone with lower guns cant touch them and there for, gets shot to hell trying to get in the building. As far as money goes. lower springs are cheap. normal games are $20 but these are only going to be $10. so that extra money people saved could be a new spring.
WTF are you talking about? If you are talking about AOSC games this is most certainly NOT the case, and has never been the case. Where did you hear that?

The ONLY guns allowed (currently or previously) that are over the CQB/0 MED limit (300 with a .25) are bolt action rifles and DMRs (MORE THAN 400 FPS with a .25), and they have a 100ft MED, may only use semi auto, and are limited to people who have obtained special game and person specific permission from the Hosting Rep.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Sun May 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Romba wrote:Being that those in this thread are in upstate I wanted to point this out: Echo 1 full metal M16 for $85! Mom won't let me buy anymore guns (with her knowledge ;) so I cannot do anything with this. Buy it looks like a good deal. Comes with gun, smart charger, extra mag, batt.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/2356634158.html

Would she allow you to rent one?

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 5:19 pm

what do u mean? Please explain.... I would totally buy it if I could...

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 pm

^^ If you're thinking of something sinister/sneaky/somethinglikethat, I like it.

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Ya you could rent it from someone 8 and a half times and then they could just give it to you for FREE!! ;)

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 6:01 pm

ahh but who is that someone??