The this and that of airsoft.
Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

The end of SB798?

Post by Clutch » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:25 pm

From Arnie's Airsoft - http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/31479

"Hello News Fairy,
I have positive news to report. We will live to fight another day. The results of yesterday’s hearing in front of the Committee on Public Safety are in and it looks as if SB 798 is dead in the water. Failed passage, to be precise. "

A bit more info from Pyramid Airsoft - http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com ... ssage.html
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: The end of SB798?

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Saw that on Arnies myself. Good news, but failure rarely stops politicians.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 am

As the guy at Pyramid Airsoft said in that link:

"This doesn't mean we should all just relax and let our guard down. SB 798 should be a severe wake-up call that we, as an industry, need to shape up and make safety and responsible gun ownership (real or Airsoft) a top priority. Realize that this is a controversial hobby in the eyes of the general public and a pretty easy target for politicians like de Leon. As we've seen, if we are not careful, we could lose everything. We came awfully close. But enough of the lecturing for now. Break out the Airsoft Champagne (or Sparkling Cider if you're not of legal age)."
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Good to hear it. But they are right, the politicians never stop and they never let up. Common sense is a virtue none of them have. We might try to get the NRA in on this, they seem to be the only lobby that scares all the "doo gooders"
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia