Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, bragging

The this and that of airsoft.
Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Re: Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, braggin

Post by Darkside6 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I think the pattern is not as important as how much moving you do. The human eye is set up to detect movement in 1/60th of a second intervals. That means if you can normally turn your head 90 degrees in 1-2 seconds ,it should take 15-20 seconds to turn it if you want to avoid detection. I am willing to bet Steevols did not move a muscle when the enemy was looking for him at Fulda. ( I've played against him so I know he is a great player). Before all the children freak out and accuse me of being silly, I agree DCU is a really bad choice for this enviroment, but any type of green based camo will work well if you can limit your movement when the enemy is looking for you. Just My Humble Opinion!

P.S. Atl, you aren't the kid that tried to jump a sniper at 2010 Fulda, started crowing about safety killing a sniper, then got my M-4 stuck in your neck are you? :evil:
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Darkside6 wrote:I am willing to bet Steevols did not move a muscle when the enemy was looking for him at Fulda. ( I've played against him so I know he is a great player).
I sat still like bear made of steel!
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Darkside6 wrote:I think the pattern is not as important as how much moving you do.
Very accurate. My color vision is impaired; therefore, naturally, I resort to detecting movements, and patterns if the opponent is stationary. Let me add that I have no problem seeing people in the woods by doing this.
Last edited by Vesper on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 pm

LOL . The average 14 year old has the attention span of a fruit fly so if you sit still for a while they will forget you are there. I killed about 10 guys from the same spot in the DMZ at Fulda 2010 using this method.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Darkside6 wrote:LOL . The average 14 year old has the attention span of a fruit fly
LOL Oh you....

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:25 pm

One of my team's better marksmen is partially colorblind, but that doesn't keep him from racking up more kills than the rest of us on a normal basis. I'll second that it isn't so much the color as it is the movement and sound. Moving during wind, or while a firefight goes on nearby are good ideas if you're trying to keep a low profile.

Now, obviously, the difference between ACU and Marpat in a woodlands environment will be rather different, but still. I've seen people with ACU disappear in the right places in the woods, and have seen Marpat stand out like a sore thumb. No camo is perfect for all situations.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Diesel
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Diesel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I personally am like Severed. I am a gear whore. I have bdu, tigerstripe, marpat and od for green. I also have dcu, despat, dpm, and multicam. I also have the navy digi just because I could get them. Either way, camo depends on the field. I would never wear green base at blue hole. Talking bout sticking out.
I agree with darkside that movement gives you away. I have had people look right at me and never see me, why. I didn't move.
With all this being said, I run tan mostly in SC. Why, If Ajax wore green at a game, who would be on bravo? Very few. I don't like being stuck wearing one side only, but I also want the games to be somewhat fair. Does that make me an elitist, NO. Does that make Ajax a bunch of elitist? NO. We just like shooting people and want the game to be fair. Besides, somebody has to shoot Aircross, why not me. ;)
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Diesel wrote: Does that make Ajax a bunch of elitist? NO.
*cough cough* welll.......
There's no kill switch on awesome!

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Star_folder wrote: I've seen people with ACU disappear in the woods. ACU camo is perfect for all situations.
Star_folder's post after being submitted through the Amazing Camouflage Unit International System Binary Extra Sensory Translator.
* Airsofter *

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:58 pm

BaldEagle wrote:
Star_folder wrote: I've seen people with ACU disappear in the woods. ACU camo is perfect for all situations.
Star_folder's post after being submitted through the Amazing Camouflage Unit International System Binary Extra Sensory Translator.
hey now, that's not what I said :P
[align=center]Image[/align]

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Echo 1 only endorses those who wear Multicam (camouflage of the gods). BDU is for scrubs.

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:Echo 1 only endorses those who wear ACU (camouflage of the gods). MultiCam is for scrubs.
Another post put through the "Amazing Camouflage Unit International System Binary Extra Sensory Translator".
* Airsofter *

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Star_folder wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

hey now, that's not what I said :P
Woa! Apparently, it is what you meant to state.
* Airsofter *

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 pm

I truthfully don't care about camouflage. The whole, if your still and wait, thing works and that's what I try to use. Now the Multicam Elitist thing began just because someone trolled me about it. So why not play along with it a little ;)
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

atl

Post by atl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Darkside6 wrote:IP.S. Atl, you aren't the kid that tried to jump a sniper at 2010 Fulda, started crowing about safety killing a sniper, then got my M-4 stuck in your neck are you? :evil:
Ummmmmmmm what are you talking about i never talked to any snipers at fulda and I was on warsaw that year and did no such thing