Need help finding a airsoft gun

The this and that of airsoft.
Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Need help finding a airsoft gun

Post by Razgriz1992 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 am

Hey guys. I just wanted to put up some guns I found on Airsoft GI and wanted to know which guns would be the best for me to get as a first gun. Thanks and I hope I put this in the right category if not sorry moderators still getting to know the forum.

JG M16A4 RIS Airsoft Gun ( Enhanced Version )
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3629

Javelin Gun Works Full Metal M4 CQB Electric BlowBack Airsoft Gun (Gun Package)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=9404

Also would this be a good sidearm when battles get too close for the other guns.(Love the M1911)
WA Full Metal M1911 Mark IV PTP Airsoft Gun
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6788

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Need help finding a airsoft gun

Post by marpat96 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 am

Do not get the Javelin Gun Works M4. It's gearbox is not very reliable, and it uses a troublesome mechanical blowback. But the JG M16 is good.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:29 am

Okay thanks for the advice. With the M16A4 I know it has a really high FPS, so by rules I can't use it within 100 ft. Is their a way to tone down the FPS? I have heard heavier bb's will make it more accurate and tone down the FPS.

Radkov
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Radkov » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Airsoft GI chronos with .20 BBs, and we use .25s for FPS limits on AOSC. You should be set at just a 50-foot MED. It's not too difficult to lower the FPS, though, just get a weaker spring. Plenty of techs around here to help you do the work.

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks undead. I also found another gun as well

JG M4 S-System Airsoft Gun ( Enhanced Version )
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ry_id=4703

Would this one be a good one too? If so which one do you think would be better as my first airsoft gun I like both.

Radkov
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Radkov » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

The M4 S-system was my first gun way back in the day. A bit too front-heavy for my tastes. Any airsoft gun can be the exact same as another internally with upgrades, so get whichever you like most in looks or form. If you want a longer gun, get the M16. If you want something more maneuverable then get an M4. What ever you like and what ever works for you, then go from there.

atl

Post by atl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 pm

blow backs use too much energy blowing back I don't suggest buying one.

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm

A puematic blowback such as the G&G series and the CM046 AK-47 use leftover air to power the blowback. Those are very reliable.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Villid

Post by Villid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Id say the JG m16 would be a good starter gun. as mentioned, the S-system is front heavy. The G&Gs mentioned for their pneumatic blow backs are good guns, aside from their wiring, which tends to cause issues. For that reason, i would recommend not going with them as a starter gun. If you decide you enjoy the sport and become familiar with gun maintnance and repair, then getting one and risking the bad wiring may be an idea. I have a G&G, and i love mine.
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks for the advice you guys I really appreciate this a lot. I am set on those two the M16A4 and the M4 S-system. I actually made a cart with both to see how like getting like BB's, an extra magazine other things would far out. With the M16A4 it is a $100 dollars more however it is only because of the 4x32 scope I would get for it. Would yall recommend getting a scope with that gun or just using the iron sights? Once I know that then I can probably set in stone what I want. I will one day get both I think but I can only afford so much at this time. Thanks for the help guys and look forward to meeting yall in person.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue May 01, 2012 1:19 pm

The M16 is *not* very high FPS. Unless you plan on upgrading it, that scope won't do you any good whatsoever. The gun won't even shoot far enough that you can't see the BB, so it would just be extra expense and bulk.

If I were you, I would buy a DBoys, CYMA, or AGM M4/M16 before I bought a JG (in that order). The price point is similar to a JG, but you get a lot more bang for your buck. The JG receivers (bodies) are plastic clones of the original Tokyo Marui tab-style receiver. They are flimsy, creaky, and feel cheap.

JG:
- Solid gearbox
- Plastic body (tabs tend to break)
- M16 stock is a plastic clamshell... very creaky and prone to split apart

DBoys:
- Solid gearbox
- Metal body (2011 and 2012 models are VFC clones with functioning bolt catch and a nice selector switch)
- M16 stock is nylon similar to G&G or VFC stocks. Very solid, should outlast the gun itself.

CYMA (M4 only, as far as I know)
- Solid gearbox
- Metal body

AGM:
- Solid gearbox, although somewhat outdated compared to the others
- Metal body
- Awesome stock (rubberized nylon)

What I'm trying to convey here is that all of these guns will be more or less equivalent when it comes to performance, but the DBoys/CYMA/AGM will all outlast the JG. I've never seen a metal M16 break off at the barrel or stock, but I've lost count of the number of externally broken JGs I've seen. The JG M4 isn't so bad, but only because there is less length and weight hanging off of the reciever. Since all of these guns are more or less the same price, I would save yourself money in the long run and buy a metal bodied gun.

On another note, the KWA 1911 series is great. Pick the one you like the most (visually) and enjoy it.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks Steevol for showing me those awesome metal guns. I found 3 that I really like one looks just like the M16A4 JG is making so I am thinking of getting it. But I would like to see if you think that gun would be good or any of the three I liked. Thanks.

D Boy Full Metal M16A4
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5578

D Boy Full Metal 614 AEG
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=10085

AGM Full Metal M4 RIS
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... st_reviews

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Out of all of those, I would pick the M16.

Why?

This is your first gun. The M16 has a full stock, allowing you to use virtually any size battery. The 614 (HK 416) is front wired to a PEQ box, which limits you to batteries that will fit in that box (or lipos). Between the AGM and DBoys I would take the DBoys. Ordering from AirsoftGI is something of a crapshoot, though. If those DBoys rifles are the latest generation, they will have metal bushings, a nice parkerized finish, and nylon furniture. If they are old 2009-2010 stock they won't be quite as nice (gloss black paint, nylon bushings, etc). I'm actually very interested in knowing this myself since AirsoftGI's prices are great, so I sent their tech department an email to ask which models they really carry.
Hello,

Are you guys selling 2011-2012 DBoys M16s and M4s with the flat black finish, VFC clone bolt catch, and metal bushings? All the pictures and videos seem to be from the original version. I just want to make sure that you are carrying the latest generation before I order... it's certainly cheaper than ordering from Hong Kong!

~ Stephen
I'll post the response here.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks man.

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Razgriz1992 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Just to let yall know I found out the D-Boys M16A4 is latest module. I hope to come to an event once I get this gun and such. Thanks for the help guys.