Post by Rayne » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:12 am

Post your thoughts.
I've been to a few games

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: How do YOU feel about campers?

Post by PRincess » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:07 am

If they have nothing better to do than sit in one spot and shoot people who have just respawned then they don't need to be playing. It's one thing to be a sniper and sit in a spot, but someone being lazy and just wanting to get a ton of easy kills is another.
Pew pew pew... 'Murica

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 am

Spawn camping = bad
Taking up a defensive position = okay
There's no kill switch on awesome!

6mmSilver
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 6mmSilver » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:38 am

SteevoLS wrote: Spawn camping = bad
Taking up a defensive position = okay
To add on to SteeveoLS's statement, IMO, the "position" he is referring to can't be at either spawn, because that is when it gets annoying. If you got to their spawn, it's spawn killing; if you stay at yours, it's sissy.
[img width=370 height=140]http://i36.tinypic.com/2usha1k.jpg[/img]

Co-Creator of Team G.H.O.S.T.
AirsoftSilver from the SCAA

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 am

I am totally fine with campers.
I believe finding a good spot to camp is also a great skill that is crucial to change to flow of the game.

GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

Post by GARRETT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:22 am

Vesper wrote: I am totally fine with campers.
I believe finding a good spot to camp is also a great skill that is crucial to change to flow of the game.
I don't mind campers, as long as they are spawn camping.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 am

I think a lot of people dislike "campers" because they are, deep down, ashamed that they were paying enough attention to avoid getting shot.

Just sayin'. ;D
There's no kill switch on awesome!

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 am

SteevoLS wrote: I think a lot of people dislike "campers" because they are, deep down, ashamed that they were paying enough attention to avoid getting shot.

Just sayin'. ;D
So true man...  ;D

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 am

The OP asks how you feel about campers, not spawn camping, which is against the rules in most games, though it is often unavoidable when a respawn is placed adjacent to an objective.

If someone here has a problem with "camping" (taking up a stationary position with the intention of attaining kills or relaying information in either a hidden or clearly visible manner, in some cases analogous with ambushing) than they need to find a new sport. "Camping" is more MilSim than aggressively running all over the place. I'd like to hear if anyone has a legitimate argument against camping.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm

As long as they pick up the trash and put out theirs fires im ok with it..

but on a serious note.. campers, the term, not from woodland temporary sport living and outdoorsman comes from video games. In video games campers are dispised, especially when the game does not call for it; such as a death match or free for all, where points scored is the objective, and score comes from kills. Most campers have zero skills so they hide and look for cheap and easy kills. Now face to face with a camper, most skilled players become Jason Vorhees.
Now lets take this to airsoft. A sniper, for sure a camper, thats their job, perfectly fine. A guy with an SMG, should not be a camper, thats a CQB fighter, a door kicker. M4's assault, so on and so forth. Now lets take the night game for instance, last round in the woods. If we had not advanced nothing would have happened. In fact yall complained about how we ruined your ambush? But the point is the game was attack and defend " in both directions ", not defend one spot as we attack. That was camping. Dom had camo cover and a sniper rifle, hes a qualified camper, rest of the team not sniping or DMR should have advanced. 1st game while everyone camped the top of the field.. Myself, Rayne, Caleb with his girl who didnt let of one shot took out ALL THE CAMPERS, flankers score!  ;D Lets take it to the RedFox game, almost all of bravo camped out, Alpha advanced and won. I dunno about Camping being more MilSim, it goes both ways  I suppose. Right now as we speak Iraqis camp and set up IED's americans advance, they take casualties sure, but if you do not advance you will not win, hense we control them and their country, sad but true.. Germans on the beach with machine gun nest were campers, very effective ones, but if noone advanced Hilter would have remained in power and probably infected the world... .. wait.. did we win?? oh humm.. I digress..

Im going to cut my argument about camping short, you get the idea.

Till the next one..

0ptik~

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Dominum wrote: The OP asks how you feel about campers, not spawn camping, which is against the rules in most games, though it is often unavoidable when a respawn is placed adjacent to an objective.
Now, spawn camping is a completely different concept. In my opinion, they're frustrating.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Also, there is a difference between defensive and offensive camping. When armed with an SMG or pistol am I going to charge through the woods head on, or run around flanks? No, I will find a way to let the enemy come to me (often behind their lines), and if at all possible catch them within my range and preferably in the back. War is about accomplishing objectives, and getting kills is often the way to do so. If I am able to outsmart rather than outgun, I will. Their is no shame in brains over brawn. That being said, an entire faction camping defensively is not playing at all! As for the night game, yes, Ben and I were on defense, and the rest were on offence. Stealthily defending an objective, camping or no, is not bad.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Dominum wrote: That being said, an entire faction camping defensively is not playing at all!
Amen to that.

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Alot of people don't understand spawn camping in my opinion. If I'm near an enemy respawn I never shoot until I'm engaged, and I don't think that's spawn killing if they engage me, but some people flip out...

Now as far as regular camping, I say go for it, if that's what the situation calls for. Sometimes going in "balls first" ( ;D ) isn't the way to go

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Im not doubting your skills, I wanted to make the point of camping being more milsim didnt make sense..

Dom you know I respect your sneakiness..  ;)