KWA USP .45 do or dont ?

The this and that of airsoft.
Reggie828
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

KWA USP .45 do or dont ?

Post by Reggie828 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Thinking of getting a KWA USP. 45. Figured that it would be a very versatile pistol whether it is put to use for field or CQB. Being new to airsoft and all i don't know what to shoot for. Please if you leave any reasons of why not to get this gun i would ask for you to provide a valid reason and if you could also a suggestion. Thanks!

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: KWA USP .45 do or dont ?

Post by Felix » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm

I own one. Just picked it up used a month ago.
There is NO issues with this gun. The .45 looks realistic, has a lot of realistic functions (decocker, slide lock, etc), and shoots like a champ. Ask some of the guys who got a facefull of it at BH last game.

The only thing I dont like is that the mags are expensive (Only .45 or Match mags) and its a little big. So if you want a smaller pistol, dont look at this one. This one is a beast though.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.

Post by marpat96 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Reggie828 wrote:Thinking of getting a KWA USP. 45. Figured that it would be a very versatile pistol whether it is put to use for field or CQB. Being new to airsoft and all i don't know what to shoot for. Please if you leave any reasons of why not to get this gun i would ask for you to provide a valid reason and if you could also a suggestion. Thanks!
"New to airsoft"
Attends Steel Griffin Convoy and Fulda 2012

Anyways yes I was one of those guys that got hit by the .45 and I personally saw Felix use it at close range, its a nice pistol, well worth the price.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 am

Or any Tokyo Marui. Personally they are my favorite in pistols. Yes they are plastic but it is quality abs, and they last forever not to mention they have great hop up right out of the box.

It really comes down to personal choice as both company has their good guns and their bad guns (TM M9 and KWA ATP), although TM has less bad and a few great (1911 and G17).

One more thing TM generally has the better trademarks is you are into that sort of thing.

Just my .02 cents is go TM, however that is my personal opinion.

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 pm

My dad has a KWA USP Tactical, not the .45, but I imagine that they are quite similar. All I can say for it is, it's great. Firing is nice and smooth, it's fairly accurate, although less felt recoil than my KWC C02 M1911A1.

AS for TM, I warn you that I have seen many of them from foreign shops(easiest place to find them) with the trademarks that make them great dremeled off, leaving hideous blemishes. Sometimes, they just have putty over the trademarks and it can be cleaned, and sometimes they come completely unblemished and beautiful.

Whatever you get, you should check sites like ArniesAirsoft for reviews, google something along the lines of "KWA USP problems" and watch a few videos to get an educated opinion.

Good luck and have fun with your new gun whatever it may be!
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Dont look up KWA USP problems, look up HK.45 probs.
The USP and .45 are similar but the .45 is newer.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm

just order a TM form either Redwolf, or ehobbyasia. Both do not touch the trademarks, redwolf puts stickers over them and ehobbyasia puts putty. I have also never had a problem with customs from either of those two stores.

one more thing there is a HUGE aftermarket for parts for TM's where as the KWA's not so much.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

TM P226 is one of the best gas guns ever made.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

its my personal favorite from TM. I love them, they fit my hands perfectly and just feel natural, well thats mainly thanks to the germans but TM did a good job to ;)

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

WE P226 shoots on par with the TM, is less than a $100, and has a metal frame and slide already. 5 years ago I would buy a TM; today I would but a late-gen WE and replace the internals with TMs as they break (if they break).

Anyway, KWA USP gets a thumbs up.
There's no kill switch on awesome!