Need a team

The this and that of airsoft.
Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Re: Need a team

Post by Bishop » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Dgeorge wrote:Should I wear boots to a match?
Depends on the field and the weather in my opinion. 90 percent of the time I wear sneakers because they are easier to run in and comfy. But if its wet the day before? Boots all the way. If its a field like The Swamp? Boots. SQA ? Sneakers. All just because of the terrain
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Wearing sneakers to an airsoft game is asking to hurt your ankle or worse. Even just walking (plenty of people rarely run in game) around in the woods while carrying and wearing what we do, especially on elevation variations, means you need ankle support. I forgot my boots at a game once a long time ago and had to wear tennis shoes. It was aweful. I had no traction, no ankle support, and I looked ridiculous to boot.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dgeorge
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dgeorge » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I've played in the pouring rain in elevated conditions with sneakers,and I'm guessing since my ankles deciding hurt,it had no effect.If there's a game In a swamp area though,then I'd probably wear boots.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm not saying it's impossible to play airsoft in sneakers, I'm saying it's unwise. When you slide off a cliff at BH or turn your ankle running while wearing a ton of gear, don't say I didn't warn you.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dgeorge
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dgeorge » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Ill try to avoid turning my ankle.Do you guys allow speed loaders?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Yes. You should read our game rules.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dgeorge
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dgeorge » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

I need to

Iam_Hoss
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Iam_Hoss » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Dgeorge wrote:I need to
Below is a link to the rules.

http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... f=8&t=5236

It is best to take Some time and read the rules. Also do some research on the forum it will help you understand things better and hopefully not become the annoying new guy.
The last game I attended was- Op Iron Marches
Polarstar refills here- HPA REFILLS
[align=center]V[/align]

Dgeorge
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dgeorge » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks,ill read them

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am

Firstly I'll say you don't have to have a team to play. It never hurts to just show up and meet people you like on the day of an event and just run with them all day. Maybe then they'll invite you to join a team.

On the issue of shoes? I have worn tennis shoes to every game I ever played but one. I wore boots to TDC1 and turned my ankle. You just gotta watch where you step, no matter your footwear. As far as MATCHING footwear? Nah, just don't wear anything flashy that might give you away.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

Boots are not required at all. I've worn sneakers for years running all over fields, up cliffs, tripping, falling, not once have I hurt myself. Unless you drop lots of money on boots, they are heavy, slow you down, and wear you out faster than light weight tennis shoes do. BUT, if you have weak ankles, or are accident prone, boots might be a good idea for a little extra protection.

It's completely a choice, not a requirement.

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

Dominum wrote: I forgot my boots at a game once a long time ago and had to wear tennis shoes. It was aweful. I had no traction, no ankle support, and I looked ridiculous to boot.

[align=center]V[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

Psh, Dom, that's stylish.

Dgeorge
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dgeorge » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:28 pm

I think ive decided not to wear boots.Ive been playing airsoft with my pals for 2 years,and for every game I play,I wear tennis shoes.In the pouring rain.I even swam in a creek to sneak around to the other team for a hit one.All in tennis shoes.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Have fun with that. There is kinda a reason the military wears boots. And since this is a sport loosly copying the military boots are kinda needed (and on some fields should be manditory). HOWEVER a cheap pair of boots are actually worse than a set of well fitting tennis shoes. Boots are not something to skimp on so if you were looking at cheap boots you might actually be better off with your tennis shoes.