Coms

The this and that of airsoft.
thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Coms

Post by thebutnugget » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:02 pm

There are lots of mics out there that do the same thing, anything to look out for as far as good quality and such?
The ones i was looking at were these - http://weaponblender.com/Emerson-Replic ... p5834.html

let me know what you guys like/recommend
[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: Coms

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I've chewed through half a dozen replica headsets/boom mics/push to talks. Pryme makes some good commercial grade headsets/PTT combos in the $75 range. Alternatively, $10-20 eBay speakermics work fine and don't get in the way of the rest of your gear.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Villid
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Villid » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I use a $15 single ear piece, in-line mic from radio shack. other than the ear piece cover always getting lost, its worked pretty well.
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Many speaker mics allow you to connect an earpiece to them in case you don't want radio chatter broadcasting where everyone can hear it.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Mad Magpul
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Mad Magpul » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 pm

On the note of coms, does anyone recommend a certain radio that I could use a PTT on? I need to invest in one before TDC2.
Team V.S.A.M
Armory:
KWA KMP9
Magpul Masada
Custom Daniel Defense DMR

thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by thebutnugget » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Mr. Marauder wrote:Many speaker mics allow you to connect an earpiece to them in case you don't want radio chatter broadcasting where everyone can hear it.

you literally just answered my next question.. why tank yeww
[align=center]V[/align]

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Mad Magpul wrote:On the note of coms, does anyone recommend a certain radio that I could use a PTT on? I need to invest in one before TDC2.
well i did the research on radios and i went with the puxing 888k but that was only because i was looking for the duel channel feature which allows you to listen to 2 channels at the same time in your headset. it was 75 dollars and i love the radio and its worth every penny. if you dont want to spend that much there are alot of good radios you can buy out there. my recommendation is to get a programmable radio so you can set a private channel for you and your team so you dont have to listen to all the senseless banter from players on the field. baofeng makes good radios at a more affordable price a popular one is the baofeng-5vr5 which runs about 40 dollars. i have several friend that run this radio and they love it. a good place to look is amazon. ali-babba is another good place and that is where i bought mine. here is a link for you to start your research http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/pc-prog ... radio.html i for aircross i got the puxing 2xr which was about 30 dollars and garrett and the guys love em they dont have the duel channel feature but they are programable and you can set private channels
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

thebutnugget wrote:There are lots of mics out there that do the same thing, anything to look out for as far as good quality and such?
The ones i was looking at were these - http://weaponblender.com/Emerson-Replic ... p5834.html

let me know what you guys like/recommend
i ran with a guy at faded giant that had that same headset and he liked it. the nice feature was it drowns out loud noises such as a thunder b. me myself i didnt want to spend that much on a headset since i spent 75 on my radio. i went with the bravo elite II which i really like here is a link: http://www.airsoftjunkiez.com/communica ... set-black/
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Mad Magpul wrote:On the note of coms, does anyone recommend a certain radio that I could use a PTT on? I need to invest in one before TDC2.
Do you have a team or do you want to chat with the normal world? Because if you are on a team, it would be worth grabbing a 'high end' radio like Mojo suggested (id go Wouxon but whatevs) If not, any midlands radio will put you on the admin channel and team channel, and allow SO much easier swapping between the normal channels players are on.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 pm

When you are on two channels, do you have two different buttons, one to talk to each channel? Or do both channels hear what you say?

Mad Magpul
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Mad Magpul » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks a BUNCH Mojo. This probably cut my research time in half. And yea Felix I did plan on not wanting to listen to the rest of the world but rather to my team (I meant to put that I wanted private channels but forgot. Sorry).
Romba wrote:When you are on two channels, do you have two different buttons, one to talk to each channel? Or do both channels hear what you say?
I also would like to know the answer to this.
Team V.S.A.M
Armory:
KWA KMP9
Magpul Masada
Custom Daniel Defense DMR

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Regular teamnewb channel = endless chatter and call button pressing. Reason enough to never buy a radio unless you are on a team with private channels.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

You monitor both channels and broadcast on the one of your choosing.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Dominum wrote:You monitor both channels and broadcast on the one of your choosing.
How? PTT with two different buttons?

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 pm

You listen to both channels, but only transmit on the one selected. The radio has the feature built in to switch to the other channel you're monitoring so you can transmit on that one.

[align=center]V[/align]