Hydration

The this and that of airsoft.
Bushmaster
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Hydration

Post by Bushmaster » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:46 am

Flip it over? Or does it have glow things on both sides?
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:15 am

Flip it over and my name doesn't show on the back, haha.

Like SteevoLS said, I'll be wearing the cat eyes forward for day games, so that people can see the name on my helmet band from behind, and then I'll be reversing them for night games, so that people can follow me more easily.

But anyway...

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:57 am

I do drink a lot of water at  games, cause' I get really thirsty.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Ah, I got ya. 
[img width=700 height=131]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161 ... banner.jpg[/img]
How do I get to the Wellford field? Check the website below.
http://airsoftsc.webs.com/contact.htm

Want to schedule a game? Ask me how.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:24 pm

The problem I see the most concerning hydration at games (including myself), is that we drink, but not enough. I've found that though this means you won't die or pass out, you will start to feel sluggish towards the second half of the day and you'll feel like crap for hours or even the entire next day. I highly reccomend drinking at least eight ounces or more per hour during play to ensure that you don't just survive, but also don't start feeling like molasses. Also, for heavy sweaters like me, just drinking water is not enough. Sweat also deprives you of electrolytes, so even if you drink plenty of water, you will still end up feeling like crap in the second half of the day. I have found that for myself, four or five bottles of Powerade or Gatorade evenly spaced throughout play are the most effective at not only keeping me out of the hospital, but also at keeping me still playing hard by 1700.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:30 pm

I brought a gallon of water for August 22nd game in Redfox, and I still was dehydrated - badly.

Thanks to Grave for letting me drink half of their water tank... xD
Seriously, though, without them, I would have dropped on the field.

MCG

Post by MCG » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:40 pm

Vesper wrote: Thanks to Grave for letting me drink half of their water tank... xD
Seriously, though, without them, I would have dropped on the field.
Because of that, I had to go without water for 3 hours straight!  >:(

Haha, just kidding, we had, and will always have plenty to share.
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 am

Electrical tape or permanent marker...duhhh ;)

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:56 am

well here's a suggestion. add to the required rules, a SPECIFIC amount of water that would be required to play...1l in any form...bottles, canteens....ect.  we bring 9l of water and 3l of gatoraide to each game plus ice. foodlion sells 3l bottles of h20 for 89-99 cents.
at refox i forgot to bring our bladders but since we are a sports family too i had enough little water bottles to carry with us..good thing i hadnt cleaned the truck out or awhile..plenty of old e,pty h20 bottles.

another good thing with bladders fillem the 1/4-1/2 way full and freezze them over nite...keeps u cool and hdryated. i hate seeing new players on the field with no water, these payers also tend to be teeneagers...who's parents would rather be upset when their son/duaghter has to go in an ambulance because they forgot to drink.

good post arbee... ;D
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:41 pm

The only problem with requiring a certain amount of water, is different people need different levels of water.  And, not everyone has the ability to carry water in the field (i.e. I think most do, but there are some that don't).

Making a strong suggestion might be a little easier to put across than making it a requirement.
2 Dealers and a Joker.............Death Dealers

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Canteens cost about a buck fifty at the Army-Navy store in Columbia, and they fit rather well in a cargo pocket.  Canteen pouches are pretty inexpensive, too, compared to the possible consequences.  Even Camelbaks aren't unaffordable, if you look in the right places...

I can't think of anybody who would be in a position where they wouldn't have room for at least a liter of water on their person...
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:15 pm

associations can mandate fps, roe, age and eyepro...why not water?? i carry extra now for the guys who forgot to fil ltheir canteens.....
when u come to an op your bring guns, ammo, eyepro....an airsoft gun wont kill you, maybe blind you, chip a tooth, bust a testes...but not kill u. dehydration can...i think this is a good rule to enforce...not suggest. enforce...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:49 pm

IronChef wrote: associations can mandate fps, roe, age and eyepro...why not water?? i carry extra now for the guys who forgot to fil ltheir canteens.....
when u come to an op your bring guns, ammo, eyepro....an airsoft gun wont kill you, maybe blind you, chip a tooth, bust a testes...but not kill u. dehydration can...i think this is a good rule to enforce...not suggest. enforce...
The problem is you can make people carry it, but that doesn't mean they will drink it.  If it's in a pocket they probably won't think about it if they aren't used to it.  I think it's absolutely stupid to play without some mind of hydration, but while you can control what a gun shoots and what kind of eyepro to wear you can't line people up like they do in the military and make them drink water.  I think one thing that is really important is for players to watch out for each other. If you see someone who isn't looking too goo have a chat with them and ask them if they've been drinking.  If they haven't, then tell them to take a break and go get some water.    Some people just forget to bring it. Maybe someone might want to start selling water at events where the fields don't sell any.  Just bring a cooler packed with bottled water.  Just my 2 cents.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

IronChef

Post by IronChef » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:31 pm

but it wont make not bring any...
i feel that if u are required to show water at chrono, at least newer players will be aware to have "some"

if us older more experienced players dehydrate....o well....tuff sh*t...we knew better
but the younger newer players who are playing for the first time should be reminded.
that is who i am worried about. in the past 2 games...i ran into many younger payers who forgot to fill canteens or didnt bother at all with water. i am now caryying extra water jsut for that instance...

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:34 pm

IronChef wrote: but it wont make not bring any...
i feel that if u are required to show water at chrono, at least newer players will be aware to have "some"

if us older more experienced players dehydrate....o well....tuff sh*t...we knew better
but the younger newer players who are playing for the first time should be reminded.
that is who i am worried about. in the past 2 games...i ran into many younger payers who forgot to fill canteens or didnt bother at all with water. i am now caryying extra water jsut for that instance...
I agree, that's why I though maybe someone could sell water in case people show up with no canteens or camelbacks.  At least then they will have a bottle or two of water they can buy for a fair price.

You know how those young uns think they are invincible. ;)
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.