SB1315 it's happening again.

The this and that of airsoft.
slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: SB1315 it's happening again.

Post by slimshady222 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Acually I contacted the forums of france airsoft and they said that no one pays attention to those laws and that its a very old one. The guy also told me that that rule only goes for buying.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm

SB1315 passed the Assembly and is on the way to Governor Jerry Brown. He epitomizes the term "left coast" so I will be surprised if he does not sign it.

EDIT - I cannot find any news articles saying it passed, but the Facebook pages of Airsoft Atlanta, Spartan Imports, Evike, and Airsplat say so.
Last edited by idiot88 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 pm

It sucks for Evike, who just put together a store the size of Walmart, but it doesn't affect us.

We have:
PyramidAir
MilSpecAirsoft
AirsoftCarolina
And Airsoft Atlanta, along with others. I KNOW AirsoftAtlanta and AirsoftCarolina to be excellent buisenesses, and I would buy from MilSpec.

Short version-CALM DOWN PLEASE. THANK YOU.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

specter

Post by specter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 am

I think that if it passes then it'll spread to other states. simple as that.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 am

Or not... You do know Cali is about as liberal as SC is conservative.

The chances of this happening in other states is very unlikely, especially the closer you get to the south east.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 am

Star_folder wrote:Or not... You do know Cali is about as liberal as SC is conservative.

The chances of this happening in other states is very unlikely, especially the closer you get to the south east.
On evikes fan page, one of the first comments they made in response was something along the lines that the rest of the country follows california on laws. I find that pretty hard to believe...
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 am

If the country followed Cali laws I'd be the ANG in Canada. Chill, in this part of the country people love firearms in general too much for them to be screwed with.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

The rest of the country doesn't come close to following CA laws. You can however send an email to the Gov of CA's office and they wil have no idea where you live. I simply informed him that doing this would cause a loss of jobs and income in a time where the state has unemployment about 12%, so they might want to consider those factors before signing this bill.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 am

I don't worry about the law coming to SC. My concern is the ports and probably distributor warehouses are mostly in CA, and I do not know if the law will affect the warehouses. If it does, I suppose they can change to ports in Washington and Oregon.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Avenger wrote: We have:
PyramidAir
MilSpecAirsoft
AirsoftCarolina
Too bad all of those places inventory suck compared to the larger retailers in CA.

The distributors are kept in business by retailers buying airsoft stuff. Losing the major retailers in LA County will be very bad. The small time shops not in CA aren't going to keep distributors profitable.

You can go back to being a weapon expert now.

Edrahil
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Edrahil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:
Too bad all of those places inventory suck compared to the larger retailers in CA.

The distributors are kept in business by retailers buying airsoft stuff. Losing the major retailers in LA County will be very bad. The small time shops not in CA aren't going to keep distributors profitable.
That may be true for the short run, but what will most likely end up happening is the large shops move to outside the county, downsize their store front (due to decreased traffic) and put more power into their online shop. This could be bad for local retailers, as it is really easy to buy from a website no matter the location, and not many east coast airsoft stores have good websites. Or it could force east coast retailers to step up their online game, which would be a great thing.
Echo1 Operator wrote:You can go back to being a weapon expert now.
If you want people to really take you seriously, this isn't a great way to get your opinion across.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Edrahil wrote:
Echo1 Operator wrote:You can go back to being a weapon expert now.
If you want people to really take you seriously, this isn't a great way to get your opinion across.

The internet, its serious business.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Edrahil wrote:That may be true for the short run, but what will most likely end up happening is the large shops move to outside the county
Moving an entire company to another county to avoid a stupid law isn't very feasible. The money and logistics involved could easily cripple a company. SB1315 is damaging to the airsoft industry.

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Airsoft GI has about as good an inventory as it gets, losing them would cripple many people.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Both of the major (and by major I mean pretty much all there is) distributors in North America are, if I am not mistaken, in California. At lest that is where all of my stores wholesale orders ship from Spartan and Jag. Everything I keep in stock that I do not get directly from China comes from one of them, and it's the same story for every other retailer regardless of where they are. Nice job California, proving once again that your ill-informed "moral" crusades against industries come before serving the economic interests of a sizable portion of your population. Not surprising they are still enjoying shooting themselves in the foot over there.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]