Melee weapons?

The this and that of airsoft.
Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Melee weapons?

Post by Star_folder » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

A full year late. But you should be fine with a foam blade. Just remember what Dom said a year ago, earlier in the thread.
[align=center]Image[/align]

ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by ibeezthecapn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 am

Dominum wrote:That's incorrect. There is no rule precluding people from using pretty much any safe, soft melee weapon they wish. However, the "stealth" or "melee" kill rule requires that you lightly touch your opponent with it (you may NOT throw it at them, hit them with it, or slash at them with it, etc.). You must also have LoS on the target, i.e., no stabbing around corners, etc. If he wants to carry a soft tomohawk to lightly touch (not toss or throw) people in his LoS to melee kill them, that's fine. Albeit, a rubber knife not only makes more sense, but is more practical.

I find it easier to just shoot people.

i've noticed different fields have different opinions on this. I have a cold steel big bear and a cold steel tomahawk, and until i demonstrated use, there were a few places that 86'd the tomahawk.

what ive discovered is

knife - slashing only, rubber knives are still stiff and will hurt like a summagun.

tomahawk shouldnt be used to hook people's barrels out of the way, not everyone's guns are durable, and unless you can buy that guy a new gun its not worth it.... also it has a grip right under the haft, its often easier to just lightly whack people with the handle... or the flat of the blade across the butt
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 am

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f22f/?srp=17 Is the only acceptable melee weapon for most modern airsoft fields. it can also be used as a riot shield.

Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102