Why are some NC players just now getting banned from AOSC events?

The this and that of airsoft.
82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Why are some NC players just now getting banned from AOSC events?

Post by 82dcustomer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 am

I am curious as to why some NC players have been banned from AOSC events?

If it is because of OP 24 then why did it take so long to ban them?

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Why are some NC players just now getting banned from AOSC events?

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 am

82dcustomer wrote: I am curious as to why some NC players have been banned from AOSC events?

If it is because of OP 24 then why did it take so long to ban them?
PM'd Mike.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 am

For the record one NC player has been banned for 3 months for breaking the rules and being asked to leave, then coming back onto the field.  There was also a team from SC that was asked to leave the field.

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by splatmaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 am

Since this is a player from NC, I am curious as to who it was and what the situation is. If someone or a group of someones is banned, it should be public knowledge along with the reasoning. Most people are because they DON'T like closed door policies...  ;)
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am

splatmaster wrote: Since this is a player from NC, I am curious as to who it was and what the situation is. If someone or a group of someones is banned, it should be public knowledge along with the reasoning. Most people are because they DON'T like closed door policies...  ;)
Well, some people don't like their laundry aired publicly.  The person that broke the rules was told why he has been banned.  Not to be dick Splat, but it's really not anyone's business other than the person who was banned.  He broke the rules, was asked to leave the leave field by the game rep, then came back onto the field after being asked to leave.  That is all I am going ot say about this issue.  In 7 months only 2 players have been officially banned from the AOSC, so I don't think there are any issues with too many people being banned. 

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

Well said, Jason!
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by splatmaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Gambler wrote: Well, some people don't like their laundry aired publicly.  The person that broke the rules was told why he has been banned.  Not to be dick Splat, but it's really not anyone's business other than the person who was banned.  He broke the rules, was asked to leave the leave field by the game rep, then came back onto the field after being asked to leave.  That is all I am going ot say about this issue.  In 7 months only 2 players have been officially banned from the AOSC, so I don't think there are any issues with too many people being banned. 
I don't think your being a dick with that answer, I completely understand where you are coming from. I am, however, disappointed with this ban in its entirety and feel that researching both sides was not done before the hammer came down. While I was no way involved in this, Gypsy is a close friend of mine both on and off the field and I have played with him for years. Also, he posted up your PM to him and his reply on the NC forums, along with his version of what happened. I will not post his reply(as that is probably not good for younglings eyes) but I feel his version should be at least shown to the public. Not trying to reverse his ban, just trying to show what was in his eyes should not have resulted in a ban. He was honest and forefront about everything that happened, and I don't understand where a ban came from.

Here is his post

Ok what had happened was this. The medic rules stated if the other team healed you you were captured. Well earlier in the game a villager medic healed me by the rules I should have been his prisoner. But Garret(main Admin) said it was ok to heal me even though I was on the other team. So later as it got dark Heeb and I snuck into their HQ and safety killed everyone even though their CO refused to accept the Kill and shot Heeb. I then lite him up and started to evac pulling Heeb with be so he would bleed out away from them. I was shot by a medic that just happened to be walking by. He went and mediced the CO and then came to Heeb and started healing Heeb. I asked are you healing us? He said yes. He never stated that he was capturing us. I thought it was stupid so I said are you sure you want to heal us??? Yes he said. Remembering what Garret had said earlier in the day I sad thanks but that's not to smart. So taking a play from 82nd at Irene where an enemy medic healed him while they BSed he turned around and saftey killed the medic. So as soon as I was healed I safety killed the medic and Heeb and I made a break through their lines shoot everything in sight till we were both hit. So this time they stated that they were taking us prisoner and I said fine no problem the medic went and got Heeb and as the CO was bitching at me about the rules he said lets go I told him I couldn't he said your refusing to go? I said no not at all I just can't move from this spot. this went on for a few minutes before I told him think about the rules for a hit player he can't move till when? So he realized I haden't been mediced and by the time the medic got there I had 10 seconds to bleed out. That really pissed the CO off to no ends. Again not you fault I was playing by the rules. So after that I heard that I was cussing at everyone and told them to F-off so I dropped my gear and went and found Garret. I didn't play another min. till I had his ok that what I did was right or wrong. Did I laugh at the CO for not thinking???? Yeah I may have done that but he was such an up tight ass. Maybe if he were nicer about things and called his safety kill instead of have an ego all of this wouldn't have happened. Bad leader in my opinion. Always had to be right. Bottom line I screwed up in unclear rules but no where near as bad as the kids that started to put there dead rags away after i shot them because they thought I was on thier team. So I let them think it and walked right up to them after and said sorry for shooting you and they said its ok as they started to put their dead rags away I told them I was Bravo not Alpha and it doesn't matter who the hell shoots you your dead. Now that's cheating.
So, I know this post probably isn't welcome and it is probably making me not as well liked here in the AOSC, but when a buddy of mine is personally attacked I have to try to defend his side since he can't. Anyone with a problem with this post or me in general just shoot me a PM, I'll be more than happy to talk about anything. Just realize that in banning Gypsy you really alienated a lot of the guys in NC from coming down to your games, especially when they are hearing one side of the story and you aren't telling your side.

Again, I am sorry and I know this will rub some people the wrong way, but I am just trying to represent a good friend whose reputation should not be tarnished in this way. I know Gypsy is a handful at times, but he is a great, standup guy and I will not sit idly by while people trash talk him.
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

Inked
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Inked » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Since this has caused a shit storm, why has it taking this long for the ban to be enforced?  Seems to me that the whole thing needs to be dropped because some bodies ego got hurt.

Another thing, the guy is in another state, it's not like he shows up for every AOSC game, to me this whole ban should have never happened.
A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....

Severed: if the back up to the back up back up rifle doesn't make people drool, you = fail

Airsoft Vet.

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:52 pm

sounds like it could be a misunderstanding, which shouldnt result in a ban.. maybe the facts should be looked at more close, just in fairness..

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

splatmaster wrote: I don't think your being a dick with that answer, I completely understand where you are coming from. I am, however, disappointed with this ban in its entirety and feel that researching both sides was not done before the hammer came down. While I was no way involved in this, Gypsy is a close friend of mine both on and off the field and I have played with him for years. Also, he posted up your PM to him and his reply on the NC forums, along with his version of what happened. I will not post his reply(as that is probably not good for younglings eyes) but I feel his version should be at least shown to the public. Not trying to reverse his ban, just trying to show what was in his eyes should not have resulted in a ban. He was honest and forefront about everything that happened, and I don't understand where a ban came from.

Here is his post
So, I know this post probably isn't welcome and it is probably making me not as well liked here in the AOSC, but when a buddy of mine is personally attacked I have to try to defend his side since he can't. Anyone with a problem with this post or me in general just shoot me a PM, I'll be more than happy to talk about anything. Just realize that in banning Gypsy you really alienated a lot of the guys in NC from coming down to your games, especially when they are hearing one side of the story and you aren't telling your side.

Again, I am sorry and I know this will rub some people the wrong way, but I am just trying to represent a good friend whose reputation should not be tarnished in this way. I know Gypsy is a handful at times, but he is a great, standup guy and I will not sit idly by while people trash talk him.
Splat, nobody here is going ot be upset with you for defending a friend.  I'm not going to dispute what Gypsy said, because I wasn't there, but that is not the story I heard from a Mod who was in the middle of it all.  Gypsy was told he was breaking the rules as well as being told he would be shown a copy of the rules. While there may have been some confusion it was clean that if the enemy heals you that you are captured.  The bottom line is he was told he was not following the rules by a Mod and he tldhim to F-off, that will not be tolerated.  I was also told by multiple people that they did see Gypsy on the field after he was told to leave

For the record, Splat I have met and played with Gypsy at a few games and I think he is an honorable player(if not a little crazy, but then who of us aren't). 

The reason the ban took so long to take effect is because a player has to be nominated for a ban and it has to be voted on and approved by the Governing Council be any action can be taken.

The problem with people saying it was a misunderstanding is that he was told what he was doing was against the rules and instead of coming back and talking to the Mod who was telling him he broke the rules he ran off into the dark when Heeb stayed back as a prisoner as Gypsy should have done. 

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 pm

There's a saying that comes to mind... "Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law."

The decision has been made... the best thing that you could possibly do for both sides at this point is drop it.  If you go into the field without a clear understanding of the rules, and you (even inadvertantly) break one, you're not excused from the consequences of your actions.

Same applies to anyone caught violating the rules.  Simple as that.

Furthermore, it was stated in the game thread that if an enemy medic heals you, you're captured.  Whether or not Garrett decided to change that halfway through is a moot point--but I can tell you that nobody made a point of telling me about any changes in the capture rules.

... my two cents.  I'll shut up now. :D
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

There was no change in the medic rules.  If you were healed by an opposing player you were captured.

Lefty
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Lefty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Lefty, I'm not going to name the team that was kicked out, but they were kicked out because they asked if they could start a fire, and they were told no.  After that they went down by the creek away from everyone and decided to start a fire anyway.  The field owner's son saw this and proceeded to go tell them that they couldn't have a fire.  They started to give him an attitude and were told to leave immediately.
Last edited by Gambler on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla ODA, Hammer of the Gods.
http://www.valhallaairsoft.com

Lefty
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Lefty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Gambler, did you just delete my post and add yours in its place? WTF?
Valhalla ODA, Hammer of the Gods.
http://www.valhallaairsoft.com

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Lefty wrote: Gambler, did you just delete my post and add yours in its place? WTF?
Lefty, I thought I hit reply, but I think I hit modify and thinking I hit quote I deleted what you wrote, because I only wanted to reply.  I apologize for that.  It was not my intention to delete your post.  See what happens when I try to do too many things at once. 
Last edited by Gambler on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.