Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, bragging

The this and that of airsoft.
severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, bragging

Post by severed » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 am

Since this seems to be a hot button topic in a lot of threads why doesn't it have it's own thread? Well here it is. Please refrain from idiotic comments such as "_______ is gay", unless you are going to a gay bar or gay parade and are putting together an outfit that would help you blend into a flamboyantly gay gathering, then yeah, that's gay camo.

Different camo patterns were developed for different environments and as technology progresses so does the detail of the pattern/color layouts. The cost or availability of certain *new* patterns might be seen as exclusive or "Gucci". While older styles are very affordable on just about any budget. As battlefield environments change so will camo.

IMO, to lock ones self into only wearing green, tan, purple, blue, red, etc is kinda redculous. I have MC, Marpat, tiger stripe, flecktarn, strictarn, despat, woodland, dcu, and acu's. Some are for particular impressions, factions. Some because I like them, most because they work in aparticular environment or season. I'm no elitist, I'm a gear whore. Is my camo better than yours? Probably because no matter where I might decide to play I can pick the best camo for that environment. Does my camo make me a better player? NO, exprience and training does!
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

dftrent12
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, braggin

Post by dftrent12 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 pm

About time someone said it. I've never seen why people argue so much over camo.
If high caps kill little girls
Then drum mags commit genocide
Is tactical pastel pony

Oh this baby? It is genuine walmart brand.
If it has been said by Henry, then it's probably right.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:05 pm

dftrent12 wrote:About time someone said it. I've never seen why people argue so much over camo.
It's cause they all know that Marpat is best, but no one wants to admit it. So they just argue over lesser camos instead.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Like Sev I have a ton of camo and have used just about all of it. I have bought camo because I liked it, it was required of a team, and simply because I didn't know any better(ACU). Of the camo I have my Tiger Stripe is my least favorite, but it's the kind of tiger I have. The old school Vietnam tiger is sweet. I'll never understand why the army went to ACU. BDU's are a much better camo pattern and obviously the army choosing 1 camo for everywhere didn't workout. Instead they got a camo that works in 1 area and nowhere else. The primary reason I got MC was because all other camo that is considered Bravo in SC simply sucks down here. DCU's stand out in the woods do bad down here you may as well wear white as does DesPat, though not as bad. I like MARPAT, but think that BDU's work just as well. I really see no reason everyone doesn't have a set of alpha and bravo camo. Honestly it isn't that expensive. I like having the flexibility to roll either faction or help balance things out.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

dftrent12
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by dftrent12 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Well some teams only run alpha or only run bravo. Personally I like marpat for the areas that we normally play. But everyone has their favorite and it's purely preference so STOP ARGUING ABOUT THEM! You like what you like.
If high caps kill little girls
Then drum mags commit genocide
Is tactical pastel pony

Oh this baby? It is genuine walmart brand.
If it has been said by Henry, then it's probably right.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Try to start a friendly argument and no one jumps in.. grumble grumble grumble......

But that's how you finish an argument people, just don't respond.

For the record, I have both Marpat and MC for the same reason Gambler has MC, everything else stands out too bad. And marpat just seems to be the best alpha camo.
[align=center]Image[/align]

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm

either that or BDU, i like the wearing bdu camo for alpha because i can use the shadows that the trees cast to my advantage, even in pine infested tree areas i was able to snag a couple kills cuz i laid in the shadows and made everything around me darker. bravo, cuz i have acu's i use those, but i would get them dirty and covered in dirt, to help it somewhat. it hasn't failed me yet :evil:

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Just wait till I debut the Elitist Alpha Retro Prick loadout... heads will explode.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

atl

Post by atl » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 pm

SteevoLS wrote:Just wait till I debut the Elitist Alpha Retro Prick loadout... heads will explode.
Impossible no such thing as an elitest alpha

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Strichtarn, vegitata, AOR2, CADPAT, DPM, partisan, and so on would beg to differ.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:03 pm

A pink leather jacket, skinny jeans and heeled boots.

Seriously though, I got some Vietnam Tiger Stripe for Christmas, and I love it. I'll never go back to BDUs, although I do like DBDUs.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm

dftrent12 wrote:Well some teams only run alpha or only run bravo. Personally I like marpat for the areas that we normally play. But everyone has their favorite and it's purely preference so STOP ARGUING ABOUT THEM! You like what you like.
There is only 1 team I know of that only runs 1 camo all the time. No one is arguing about anything just stating what they like and why.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:01 am

Star_folder wrote:Image
Multicam and Marpat
* Airsofter *

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:08 am

dftrent12 wrote:... so STOP ARGUING ABOUT THEM! ...
... but it's a "Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, braggin" Thread... :evil:
* Airsofter *

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 am

BaldEagle wrote:
dftrent12 wrote:... so STOP ARGUING ABOUT THEM! ...
... but it's a "Camo: Discussion, rants, raves, bashing, hating, braggin" Thread... :evil:
^^ this!! Talk all the crap you want, post compare pics, do and say whatever you want about camo, post links to good camo suppliers, ask questions, etc.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.