NC/GA Airsoft

The this and that of airsoft.
Avenger
I do in fact have a life.

NC/GA Airsoft

Post by Avenger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:16 pm

In South Carolina There is/was was a light side(AOSC) and dark side(SCAA) to airsoft. My family is moving to the upstate, about ten minutes from NC and pretty close to GA. So, I want to get involved in airsoft these states and need to know if there are good and bad organizations there?
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

idiot88

Re: NC/GA Airsoft

Post by idiot88 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm

When it comes to good and bad org, that is up to you. Idiot did that perfectly. Look at the list and go check them out. It is best for you to make that choice. You should know that some think a place is horrible and other like it alot.
Just remember when making proper reviews, you need to first list three good things, then three things that need improvement (with recommendations).

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks guys.

I'll probably be plaing at SSA in GA a lot.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:02 pm

They have their goods and bads. Just remember to have fun, and play with better honor than they do.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Yet another example of airsoft bringing out the drama llama in everyone...

The SCAA was *not* the dark side of airsoft! Almost everyone in the AOSC's active playerbase started playing (outside of the backyard) AFTER the SCAA died, and that includes you Avenger. There were some very specific issues with the SCAA that were largely related to the forum itself. The organization and its members were fine, and essentially identical to the AOSC. Anyone who remembers the games from years ago will tell you that there were a bunch of great guys playing airsoft together, and that would be the truth. End of story.

Anyway...

North Carolina has the NCAO, and that's about it. It doesn't organize games like we do, the fields themselves are mostly businesses that run themselves and do their own work.
- Wolf Creek
- Xtreme Combat
- CDWC (Fulda, Vietnam Patrol, Santa vs Grinch)
- ARez (The Reservation on Facebook)
- a few others that I can't remember

Georgia is extremely fragmented and clique-ish. There are several decent sized forums, but the different groups tend to be very separate from eachother and not really get involved too much with eachothers' games for some reason. Just go to whichever games look fun, and stay out of the drama.
- SS Airsoft
- Georgetown (can't remember the name of the field, but I went there in my 6mm Militia days and had a great time)
- Airdog's field

Those are just the ones I know of. I'm sure there are a ton considering the number of players compared to SC.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Awesome and quite a truthful reply.

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Great reply Steevols, It is all about what you make of it!
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Avenger wrote:In South Carolina There is/was was a light side(AOSC) and dark side(SCAA) to airsoft
The SCAA started and ended before you hit puberty. ^-^
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN