C02/GG/Propane shotgun ideas

The this and that of airsoft.
shiloh190
I love forums!
I love forums!

C02/GG/Propane shotgun ideas

Post by shiloh190 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:52 am

I'm no tech/designer but I think this would be a really good idea. So we all like shotguns (if you dont, theres something wrong with you) and there are many different kinds to choose from when your shopping for one. Most people prefer to get the spring trishot ones, and for the most part, they are the most effective of the shotguns you can buy, and best fit the shotgun role. Gas/c02 shotguns of today eliminate the slow-ish pumps that the spring ones have, but generally shoot only one bb at a time, are magazine fed, or shell ejecting. Thats the problem that I see, shell ejecting, and one bb per shot. Magazine fed dont have the shell problem, but are still one bb per shot, which in my opinion makes it so you might as well run around with a sniper rifle tuned down to cqb performance.
My idea isnt perfect, but I think it would be something really cool to try. (This is for the M1014/Benelli Super 90 platform specifically). The shells would work the same way, one at a time, no shell ejecting or magazine weirdness. A C02 cartridge can be fitted into the pistol grip (about the right size, if it was made to or modified to hold one, it could with ease) or in a special tank down the faux magazine tube (a new-ish shotgun on the market has this, not sure what brand/model it is). Then obviously modify the internals to work with a C02/green gas propelled system in place of the spring system. Modify other small things, reiforce things here and there do all the other obvious things that im forgetting that would be necessary. Make the system semi automatic while still shooting all three bbs. Whala, finally a decent c02/green gas shotgun! Manufacturers could add semi functioning bolts where the real ones are and make the bodies full metal for reinforcement, and imo they would be some pretty bada** shotguns. NO SHELL EJECTING MESS!
Thats my idea, just putting it out there, hopefully you guys like it, and hopefully a manufacturer decides that this is a great idea and uses it or comes up with something similar.
Rice, rice, rice, oh look more rice!

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: C02/GG/Propane shotgun ideas

Post by TokenTech89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:59 pm

so.....what would make this any different from a co2 pistol, or a gbb rifle. or a gas sniper rifle.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

shiloh190
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by shiloh190 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:25 am

It still uses shells, and shoots three bbs at a time.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:51 pm

I guess you haven't seen the new Tokyo Marui gas shotguns? They are essentially trishot springers with the spring mechanism replaced by a gas tank in the stock. They can shoot 3 or 6 BBs per pump. The rectangular gas mag looking thingamajigger (in the picture below) is the gas tank that goes in the stock.

Airsoft Atlanta product page
There's no kill switch on awesome!

shiloh190
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by shiloh190 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:36 pm

No, I havent, thanks for showing me that :p