Online Military Clothing Retailers

Leave warnings and praises for retailers here!
Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Online Military Clothing Retailers

Post by Arbee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey, everyone, just hoping to impart a little knowledge and wisdom here...

I don't know about you, but when it comes to purchasing gear, I like to know that I'm receiving quality stuff with excellent service.  I highly recommend the following two websites to anyone looking to purchase uniform items.

1) bdu.com (http://www.bdu.com)

I have made two purchases from this site, both have arrived in a timely fashion, and both purchases had everything in order.  The first time I ordered from them, I bought a tactical uniform set (basically, solid black ACU), which was designed for law enforcement.  I was impressed, first off, that my order arrived quickly (it actually got to my house before the notice was sent out that it had shipped, which I'm inclined to blame on bad UPS updates), and it contained what I ordered, and that the quality of the items met--in fact, exceeded--my expectations.  I was immensely pleased.

My second purchase included an M65 Field jacket, an ACU jacket, and a ball cap, all from bdu.com's "Closeouts" section (which, they're selling their ACU jackets for six or seven bucks in the closeouts right now!).  They were delivered with the same speed, accuracy, and quality as the first order, and again, exceeded my expectations.

Overall, a great company to shop with.  Their prices are fairly reasonable, too, which is a definite plus.  The only thing you may lament is the prices (which can be a bit steep, but it is military-grade apparel) and the shipping costs, but if you make a purchase over $50, they'll ship it to you for free!

2) militaryclothing.com (http://www.militaryclothing.com)

Again, I have placed two orders with this company... though one of them is in the process of being filled.

Need name tapes or other uniform items?  This site will actually create custom name tapes for as little as three bucks apiece.  Velcro is a little more expensive, at five to six dollars apiece, but I haven't found another place yet that will allow you to order one embroidered name tape for three dollars.  I bought three black name tapes with gray lettering (the minimum amount was three there, since the gray-on-black tapes are less popular), and they arrived quickly, and in excellent condition.

I am currently waiting on headgear to come in... I bought a black helmet cover, a balaclava, and a helmet band (embroidered with my last name).  I have no doubt that they will arrive as quickly as the name tapes did.

This company also has tons of other stuff, including unit patches and insignia, rank, gloves, boots, ponchos, infantry training manuals, and more.  I've had a great overall experience with them.  Again, the prices are just a bit steep, but the quality is well worth it.  This site does not have free shipping, as far as I am aware, though they are willing to work with you on large orders.

Hope this helps you guys...  I'm always willing to pass on any information I have, so feel free to ask me... I've seen and purchased something from just about every surplus retailer in the greater Columbia area... so just ask!
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

MCG
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Online Military Clothing Retailers

Post by MCG » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:58 am

How reasonable is the shipping from BDU.com? I want to order one of the closeout ACU jackets, but I can walk into the Columbia Army Navy Store and get one for for $12, so I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for shipping.

Great review, by the way. Thanks Adam :)
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 am

Thanks!

I belive their standard shipping is $8.99--you'd be saving your self a few bucks if you just went and got it at the Army-Navy store.

However, if you were to spend $44.00 more, free shipping, definitely worth it.  They've got a LOT of stuff in their closeout section...
Last edited by Arbee on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Update... got my second order from militaryclothing.com not too long ago (and haven't thought to tell y'all about it 'til now).  It was everything I was expecting, you've seen it in the Latest Acquisitions thread.  Good stuff, was very pleased.

PRincess
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by PRincess » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I ordered my new urban digis from BDU.com and I have no complaints. Everything arrived in a timely manner and the shipping was free.
Pew pew pew... 'Murica

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Red Fury wrote: bdu .com dosent have much of a selection i think i dont really like them
You might want to expand on this--I've personally never had a problem with bdu.com's selection.  If you were looking for a certain camo pattern, they don't have everything, but they do have a wide selection available, as far as solid-color, regular, and digital camouflage go.  Plus, free shipping on orders over $50.00.

I don't recommend shopping there for tac gear, though, as they don't actually sell tac gear there--they've got a sister site, http://www.tactical.com where they sell their vests and other accessories.  Honestly, if you want tac gear, you're better off just looking at Airsoft GI or Evike, or possibly EB Airsoft, for what it's going to cost you at tactical.com...

Mack
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Mack » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Something I noticed when I've ordered from BDU.com and Propper's website is that they ship from the same address. What's unusual is one site will be out of stock and the other will have it in stock. Propper's site will almost always have a higher price than BDU.com as well.