Carolina Border War - May 1, 2010

Discuss previous games here.
Villid
I do in fact have a life.

Re: BOC 2 - May 1, 20010

Post by Villid » Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

They were both around the upper base in the afternoon game. 
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Black Fox
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Black Fox » Sun May 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Blindman was called because I was clothes lined by a clothes line in the upper village. The clothes line snatched off my eye pro and hat. I was being shot constantly and could not get to my eye pro or kill rag. I dropped to the ground and began to back up to try and secure my eye pro but could not find it, so blind man was called. The NC players who were attacking the village ignored the blindman and continued firing and screaming obscenities about it. Luckily Marshall was there to block some of the bb's that were coming my way until order could be restored. Players who ignore blindman on the field SUCK.

sacarus
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by sacarus » Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Black Fox wrote: Players who ignore blindman on the field SUCK.

agreed
[img width=376 height=135]http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv11 ... apon11.jpg[/img] 
i now attend fishburne millitary school

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by splatmaster » Sun May 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Alright, playing for the NC during both blindman incidents, I will address those first.

The first incident was during a HUGE firefight, with a massive amount of shooting going on. We heard shouting, but could not distinguish what was being said for about 15 seconds or so, which is of course plenty of time for the first person to yell "blindman" to get *pee'd* that people are still shooting. Come on, you know in the heat of battle you aren't going to react instantaneously, especially if you don't understand what is being said. Also, in incidents such as the second, in NC it is much more common for "INDEX" or just simply "ceasefire" to be used. Being from NC, I think I have heard "blindman" maybe once in all the years I've played.  No one is to blame, its simply two different playing cultures clashing in unfortunate circumstances.

That being said, GREAT game. I really saw good sportsmanship from most individuals, and the very few I did have a problem with were confirmed by other players so we know who they are. The day games were not really super remarkable, some good teamwork and some bad teamwork. But the NIGHT rocked! For those on bravo that wanted to know who kept appearing in their midst shooting and knife killing, that was me. I got lit up many, many times, but it was so worth it. The highlight though was the first night game, getting farted on. Yep, you heard right. While in a very concealed position across the road and under a spool, I pulled a 55 gallon drum around on top. My plan was to let tan pass, then come up behind and stealthily kill them all. Unfortunately, they never really passed me, so I wasted a lot of time. However, one individual did take cover on the right side of the spool. But when someone began spotlighting him, that player swiftly moved around to the other side, literally brushing my helmet as he crouched. Let me assure you, this individual really should not have eaten those hotdogs, they did NOT agree with his stomach. I was very, very tempted to knife kill him, but decided A: I need to stick to the original plan, and B: I quite literally thought I might give them a heart attack. I mean, your in the dark woods, away from the bad guys, taking cover, scared, when all of a sudden from the one dark spot you cant see that is 2 inches awaysomeone pops up. I might have crapped myself in that situation, so I decided to let the player pass on.

Thats my best story, although there are plenty more. Great games, Nice talking to Dom for an hour before bed. Hope the wife didn't give you to much crap about getting home so late.

Great playing with you guys!
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon May 03, 2010 6:54 am

splatmaster wrote: Alright, playing for the NC during both blindman incidents, I will address those first.

The first incident was during a HUGE firefight, with a massive amount of shooting going on. We heard shouting, but could not distinguish what was being said for about 15 seconds or so, which is of course plenty of time for the first person to yell "blindman" to get *pee'd* that people are still shooting.Come on, you know in the heat of battle you aren't going to react instantaneously, especially if you don't understand what is being said. Also, in incidents such as the second, in NC it is much more common for "INDEX" or just simply "ceasefire" to be used. Being from NC, I think I have heard "blindman" maybe once in all the years I've played.  No one is to blame, its simply two different playing cultures clashing in unfortunate circumstances.

Dude... frankly, that's BS. I'm not positive since I missed half the morning briefing, but I'm fairly sure Robin would have discussed the blind man rule in it. If so, there is absolutely no excuse for not respecting it. I find it hard to believe that you couldn't understand what was being yelled, since practically every SC player whipped out their kill rag and started calling blind man. I've been playing with the SCAA quite a while now, and I have never once seen an instance when anyone had trouble understanding that blind man had been called.

I was present at both blind man incidents. In the first one when JJ went down, I was standing between him and the NC players who were shooting. I ran straight at them, stood 20 feet from them, and called very clearly that blind man had been called and that they needed to cease fire. The response was something along the lines of "F*ck off dude, we're fine".
Last edited by MCG on Mon May 03, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

Villid

Post by Villid » Mon May 03, 2010 7:18 am

MCG wrote:
Dude... frankly, that's BS. I'm not positive since I missed half the morning briefing, but I'm fairly sure Robin would have discussed the blind man rule in it. If so, there is absolutely no excuse for not respecting it.
Yes, blindman was dicussed at the morning briefing.  he was very clear about it
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Tanker

Post by Tanker » Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 am

Alright

Just want to start with thanks Robin for a great game. You've always been able to create scenarios that can appeal to any airsoft player, new or veteran. Chris, had fun working with you, hope to do it in the future. I'm sorry for bailing on you, but a man can only take so much, I hope you understand. JJ, had fun storming the village with you. Of course, thanks to my boys GRAVE. There has never been a task to great for you guys. I'm proud that I'm CO of a fun and aggressive team, but above all else you maintain your integrity and stay honest at all times. Also, shoutout to IronFox. You guys have always been some awesome SOB's, and it's always a pleasure to roll with you guys. Hope your boy gets that SAW together.

I really enjoyed the first part of the game, like BG said, got to roll with some awesome guys that I normally shoot. Thanks NC for the epic charge at the beginning of the second part, too much fun. Unfortunately I had to leave the field due to emotional reasons, but I've heard a majority of people had fun, which is what this game is all about.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 am

Villid wrote: Yes, blindman was dicussed at the morning briefing.  he was very clear about it
I can vouch for that as well.

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by splatmaster » Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Since this is rapidly turning into a not fun flame war, I will just say a couple more things then refrain from speaking of the situation.

1: When we have 30 men assaulting an objective, uphill, yelling, firing, organizing rushes, it really does take a good 20 seconds for the word to get to everyone in the assault. Trust me, we began hearing the yelling and we were looking around asking "what did they say?" As soon as we actually undersood that the yelling was "blindman" we began yelling to those others around us that it was blindman and to ceasefire. Its something that takes time, it happened as fast as it could.

In reference to the second incident, I was carrying a very large bomb through the thick woods. We didn't know what was going on until someone confirmed what was going on on the radio.  Its simply a matter of communication, and as soon as everyone got the message there was no problem. Thats all there is really to say about it.
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

Crow
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crow » Mon May 03, 2010 3:24 pm

MCG wrote:
Dude... frankly, that's BS. I'm not positive since I missed half the morning briefing, but I'm fairly sure Robin would have discussed the blind man rule in it. If so, there is absolutely no excuse for not respecting it. I find it hard to believe that you couldn't understand what was being yelled, since practically every SC player whipped out their kill rag and started calling blind man. I've been playing with the SCAA quite a while now, and I have never once seen an instance when anyone had trouble understanding that blind man had been called.

I was present at both blind man incidents. In the first one when JJ went down, I was standing between him and the NC players who were shooting. I ran straight at them, stood 20 feet from them, and called very clearly that blind man had been called and that they needed to cease fire. The response was something along the lines of "F*ck off dude, we're fine".
i agree, i was there

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Mon May 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Black Fox wrote: Blindman was called because I was clothes lined by a clothes line in the upper village. The clothes line snatched off my eye pro and hat. I was being shot constantly and could not get to my eye pro or kill rag. I dropped to the ground and began to back up to try and secure my eye pro but could not find it, so blind man was called. The NC players who were attacking the village ignored the blindman and continued firing and screaming obscenities about it. Luckily Marshall was there to block some of the bb's that were coming my way until order could be restored. Players who ignore blindman on the field SUCK.
That really is just plain despicable...
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon May 03, 2010 3:44 pm

demondawgdawson wrote: OK i realize that blindman was called twice, we get that. SO if it already happened is there any use arguing over that and btw time travel FTW!!!
Shooting while blindman is called is a gravely dangerous thing to do. You can never say the importance of blindman too many times.

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Mon May 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Trig wrote: One of the funnest parts for me is at the beginning of the afternoon game when I rounded the corner from bravo base to alpha base and seeing a wall of at least 40 NC  :o.
More like 70! That was intense:o

It was an awesome day of airsoft, no doubt. I had a few weapon issues myself, but nothing too bad. I especially enjoyed the music during the night game. That was a HUGE motivator for me to be honest, and it would be a great addition to consider for future AOSC games! (As well as the pyrotechnics. :P)
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by splatmaster » Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I would like to point out, I had 10X the fun at this game that vietnam. I can honestly say I didn't expect that to happen. Lol

D.Smitty

Post by D.Smitty » Mon May 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Foxx wrote: More like 70! That was intense:o
Having been on the other side of that wall of NC players, watching them yell and run away like that, the highlight of my day was watching one fail to cross the road and land on the ground, then seeing at least seven more NC players trip over that guy to end up on the ground. 

...but what was really funny about it was that the majority of the NC players just ignored their fallen brothers and just ran and yelled around them!
We all started doing what we love somewhere...