June 25, 2011--Operation Blackwater

Discuss previous games here.
C Taylor
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: June 25, 2011--Operation Blackwater

Post by C Taylor » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Well i must say i had a blast sat. I knew as soon as i saw the chrono say 417 fps with a .4 bb It was going to be awesome.(many people can vouch for how good it was shooting) This was my first game running a sniper rifle all day. and i must say, I had more of a rush with it then any AEG. My main goal for the day was to just at least get Killer in his Gillie suit.(Idk why, just wanted to take out another sniper).

So i started off the day teaching my 2 buddies about the rules and such (both new. Both were wearing ACU. One with a Thompson and the other with a G36c.)
Once the game started i got my first kill with my sniper. It took 5 shots to finally hit him because my scope was messed up. so i ended up taking the scope off and played the best game i ever had. I had 10+, 300+ feet kills. I got my main target (killer) about 10 min. before the game ended. I ended up behind Alpha when bravo was attacking the airfield. (11 kills behind 1 tree. Every target has his back turned to me. Im sorry if it hurt bc you were wearing a t shirt. trust me i felt bad when i pulled the trigger.) All in all i had a blast and loved harassing the hell out of a bunch of players by looonnnngggg shots. Felix- no hard feelings man. you just made that safety kill to easy and i got a $400,000 reward out of it and our weapons expert back. I enjoyed meeting alot of new faces.

The Photographer was amazing the pics he took were awesome. for anyone who doesnt know exactly who i am. Image

Now for opinions.
-Smaller, Elite BW team that makes a difference but not a complete game changer (an idea would be about 6-8 snipers or DMs)
-An idea, If BW was working for bravo, they would wear tan pants black shirt. Alpha, green pants and black shirt. to avoid any confusion
-as covered before, not knowing what the bomb looked like
-Not as much backstabbing. It was too much like the villagers in op 24 1. It was just cheap easy shots for BW members to get kills.
Its all a learning process but great job Mojo for the first time.

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Dang you guys sure know how to talk.

First thing I know I saw was a lot complaints/lols at the way charlie played during the day.

I loved the dynamic of three teams but I agree that charlie should have something of a more defined objective than "get money".

I think it would be fair to make them honor bound. If they take a mission they must complete it. That isn't to say they can't make "loopholes" via the way they word their agreements. Charlie should play like a genie. Be careful what you wish for.

The only complaint about charlie I have is that I was in south base when when a group approached us and I specifically asked them "who are you currently working for?" Dom, ever so clever responded "I don't know." But not before another charlie told me alpha. I am 95% sure of this. But memory is never perfect. Only moments later every alpha in the base was shot in the back (a safety kill would have done gents).

If someone asks charlie what they are doing I'd expect them to start shooting or start talking, but please don't lie. This betrayal thing only happened twice to my knowledge (to alpha) during the day, so its not like I'm fuming or it ruined the whole game. Just not what I expected from charlie.

Honestly I expected skywalkers attitude, if the gun is pointing at me-shoot, if its not, neutral or friendly.

All in all a great game. I had some great kills and some even better deaths. I'd definitely do it again.

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Hotspur93 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Stealth Hero wrote:
Among the best points of the day, when bravo payed BW to roll in to my hq and grab the bomb and such. I was so worried that they might search the area and find the bomb which I had half arsed hidden by dropping it in the weeds by the creekbed. I got there later and after a skirmish with 3-4 guys, I manged to retrieve the bomb that was still there. Then I was told that they had picked it up, wondered what it was, decided it was trash, and threw it back down. I am so thankful for their mistake as this was my biggest mistake of the day. Felix literally facepalmed later when I told him how close I came to losing the bomb.
Oh Stealth you don't know how lucky you are! Had Cripto and I known we had the bomb we would have grabbed it and slipped out before you even thought to take a second glance our way :evil:
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Hotspur93 wrote: Oh Stealth you don't know how lucky you are! Had Cripto and I known we had the bomb we would have grabbed it and slipped out before you even thought to take a second glance our way :evil:
Lol, I'm the guy who mumbled and grumbled about your admittedly very fair safety kill I was just upset my gbb was out of commission. No doubt you guys could have been in and out completely un-noticed.

Regrets: those were the bombs you were looking for.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Semlohwerd wrote:But not before another charlie told me alpha. I am 95% sure of this. But memory is never perfect.
I was there, you're within the 95% margin. ;)
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

After taking South Base, I had asked a few Bravo members to scout out around Alpha's HQ to look for the bomb. Since I wasn't sure where a majority of Alpha was, and most all of Bravo was away from our own HQ and the tower, I was anxious to get back to that area for fear Alpha was en route to plant the bomb. Little did I know it was nearby.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 pm

SteevoLS wrote:
I was there, you're within the 95% margin. ;)
Haha good, I was tired, very tired. But not delirious quite yet. For that short before dom took the base flag I was quickly counting my bleedout with my hand on my pistol. But sadly that didn't happen.

Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Skywalker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey C Taylor, were you the one that clipped me when I tried to get a group of guys to take you out?
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Akaishinobi
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Akaishinobi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:43 pm

It was an awesome game. Alot better then the last one i attended on that field. I'm wondering where you can get the pics from the game that the photographers were taking though.
Akaishinobi a.k.a. Smoke

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

look at my post on game pictures his email is on there

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 pm

First of all, Blackwater was at no point in time Alpha or Bravo, it was always a third party. Though it may be being paid by one side or another, it was made clear that they could do essentially whatever they wanted and were never bound to their word and could violate agreements, etc.
stuckmojo wrote:charlie objectives:
                  1. be mercanaries

I will say this about the Blackwater team; they are greedy mercanaries and are only out to make money. The people who volunteer to be co's need to have the ability to think outside of the box and expect the unexpected.
Both factions were explicitly warned to be on their toes and expect to get screwed. Being lazy is not the fault of Blackwater. Blackwater was supposed to lie, it was no holds barred as long as game rules weren't broken (i.e. saying you are dead when you are not). Backstabbing is not cheating when it is the entire purpose of your faction. Yes, Blackwater walked into bases three or four times and shot everyone there. This was not against the rules and everyone knew the entire time that this was a possibility. The failure lies with those who neglected to perform proper security procedures. If you see a group of armed men you know are not on your faction approaching, do you let them walk in and mill about? No. You draw your weapons up, order them to halt where they are and send a person forward to state their business or they will be fired upon. At multiple games I have been both a regular player, a FT or squad leader, and a CO when there were factions of characters similar to Blackwater in this game. I knew I could be screwed at any moment, and sometimes it happened. What did I do to prevent it? Exactly what is done in the real world. You force them to stay at a distance and send one person to talk, if they refuse to comply then they obviously have no desire to work with you and you open fire. If they comply then you talk to them and if you hire them you give them a down payment, and then after they have completed the task assigned you hand over the money at a previously unknown drop site. You keep it where they cannot steal it, forcing them to do the work. Every single person here who has complained about being screwed by Blackwater did not execute proper procedure for dealing with an armed third party that you already know has every right to screw you over.

We did try to work for Bravo since Alpha had the bomb, but multiple deals with Bravo fell through and getting money seemed like squeazing blood from a turnip. Alpha however happily handed us stacks of cash in a prompt and timely manner. Who would you work for? We did not play favorites, and royally screwed both factions. Alpha got the worst of it when we took their weapons expert.

It is not fair to blame a wildcard third party team for doing exactly what they are supposed to do when you knew ahead of time that they could do so and failed to execute proper procedure to prevent such.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm

C Taylor wrote: -An idea, If BW was working for bravo, they would wear tan pants black shirt. Alpha, green pants and black shirt. to avoid any confusion
-as covered before, not knowing what the bomb looked like
-Not as much backstabbing. It was too much like the villagers in op 24 1. It was just cheap easy shots for BW members to get kills.
That's just it, we were never on one side or the other. We may be choosing to help out one side or another for money but we were still an independent entity. As I explained above, we got cheap kills and easily back stabbed people because half of a faction would literally let an entire armed group known to be a potential hostile walk in unopposed. There are very simple and extremely effective procedures for dealing with this, the problem was that neither faction used them.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Rael
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Rael » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:02 pm

What Dom said. 8)

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...." What SHOULD have been happening was Blackwater should have been lit up like an Arizona wildfire as soon as either Alpha or Bravo had what they wanted from them. :evil: Didn't seem to be in the cards though; the times I suggested it, I got either stunned silence, or "but then they won't like us"......heh. Live and learn, kids ;)

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

I am not saying you should have shot us on sight either, that wouldn't have done much good LOL.

The first time I encountered a third party with a similar rule set while being in a command position was some large Saluda game a couple years ago. The first time I let them all approach my position and I talked with them for a bit, they then killed us all. My initial reaction was to be pissed (like most of you), and I thought it was an unfair betrayal of trust. I was corrected by someone who pointed out that not only were they well within their rights and even supposed to do that, but that I had failed to deter them from doing so. After thinking about it, I realized that they were right and that it was my job to make it so that they could not breach our trust without being promptly killed. I was the one who had failed. Henceforth in that game and others I used the proper procedure, I ordered my men to keep them in their sights and order them to halt just within range of our positions and ask them to send a man forward to speak. If they failed to comply, they die. If they comply then you can speak with their man who should be kept under a gun, while his comrades are as well. After an agreement has been reached you NEVER let them have full payment up front, and you NEVER let them know where their full payment or anything worth something to them is. You give them a small down payment and then when they have completed the task you tell them where their payment is. If you do not force them to work on your terms, they will force you to work on theirs.

All of you who are complaining need to take responsibility for your factions failure to execute proper procedure for dealing with "wildcard" factions instead of blaming Blackwater for doing exactly what they were supposed to do.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Rael
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Rael » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Dominum wrote:I am not saying you should have shot us on sight either, that wouldn't have done much good LOL.
Wussie..... 8)