Op24-3 AAR

Discuss previous games here.
specter
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Op24-3 AAR

Post by specter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 am

anyway, i for one had a great time playing tank killer and doing a pretty good job at it. not as many people showed up as i thought would. 80 georgia players decided to not show up at the last second. the guy driving the technical was driving like.....007. it was not fun being in the technical. i have a nice little cut on my elbow from sliding around in that p.o.s. anyway, fun place, fun guys (and girl), fun time.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 am

SteevoLS wrote:Eddie from Aircross was driving the technical,
That's a negative, Eddie is not on Aircross Stephen. He's the field owners nephew driving the owners truck. That being said, he will not be driving at any future games. My apologies to everyone about the lack of safety with the vehicle, but I simply can't be everywhere at once.

I for one had a blast for most of the game. Had some great fire fights pretty much everywhere we went on the field, and as usual staying away from the tank was fun. We ran up till 12:30 or so finding only Dom left out there playing. Great ambush by the way. Later after talking to Diesel a break was discussed so everyone went to sleep. Woke up a few hours later to find dang near everyone gone from the field.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 am

Sorry about that Garrett, I had always associated him with Aircross. My bad!
There's no kill switch on awesome!

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am

C Taylor wrote:I played a game and a half with my sniper rifle. My Fav. memory is Gambler pulling me aside after seeing 3 Alpha players crossing the field about 200-250 feet away. Its funny when you hit the first guy and the other ones haul ass back across the field. The best part is I took off my scope about 30 min. into the game and was still hitting LONG shots.
So you're the one who shot me there. I believe I was coming back up to the tower with a pair from ironfox when I saw the massive move by bravo. I was going to try and sneak around, but I figured someone would spot me. I never did figure out where I got shot from...

Anyway, I enjoyed the game, but I wish it had turned out a bit more like the last op24, a true 24 hour game. That being said, I had plenty of fun during the day, but I honestly think I spent more time fighting the tank than I spent getting kills. Still had a number of nice little adventures and such tho.

I would like to thank those who came and fought for alpha, as well as give some respect to those of us who stayed the whole night only to have the game called when we woke up. when I woke up and got to the parking area there was 3 alpha and 4 bravo left. Even though the night game pretty much ended with the 9pm index, I had fun hunting for the non-existent bravo with garrett and everyone. We were so loud and full of nonsense, it's no wonder dom had such an easy time ambushing us. at that time I didn't even expect him to be there any more.
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 am

Romba wrote:People need to take off their dead rags if they're not dead, and don't hang them out of pockets. I came upon 4 guys clumped, and they all had deadrags hanging out of pockets so I thought, " oh, they're dead. I experimentally shot one of em, who yelled hit. I was promptly lit up by 3 guys with deadrags stiking out all over the place. People also need to not shoot dead guys.
Well i always put my dead rag in my pocket because thats the logical place to put them. If the dead rag isnt on the head or in the hand, dont shoot. If its in a pocket then why the hell would you NOT shoot them?? I carry two now, one in my lower pocket hanging a little out for a quick grab and one in my shoulder pocket, and you can easily tell if im dead or alive.

And we dont shoot dead people, we shoot dead people that have live people too close to them.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

Felix wrote: If the dead rag isnt on the head or in the hand, dont shoot.
You realize that this means we should ONLY shoot dead people, right? I'm glad I didn't make it up there. Looks like the game ended a couple hours before we would have arrived.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:14 am

UF_Jester wrote:
Felix wrote: If the dead rag isnt on the head or in the hand, dont shoot.
You realize that this means we should ONLY shoot dead people, right? I'm glad I didn't make it up there. Looks like the game ended a couple hours before we would have arrived.
Lol yeah double negatives are evil. But the message is in there somewhere.

And yeah had you shown up it would have been Ajax v UF. Not too bad but there are plenty of more games we can do that at ;)
Image[/align]

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 am

So, I just remembered a nice one that I forgot earlier. During the afternoon they decided to to call a lunch break since a ton of people had left for lunch anyway. So me, garrett's son Alan, and a few others were chatting down between alpha HQ and the base I designated Onyx. After about ten minutes we pulled off eyepro figuring there wasn't anyone still playing and that it was safe. Another 5 minutes later we decide to check hq for garret before heading to the parking area. Just as we start to walk by the spawn pit dom jumps up with the p90 in one hand and a pistol in the other and yelles "Don't move, everyone drop your weapons". We had no eyepro, weapons being carried by the scopes or over shoulders, and we just looked at him like it was some kind of horribly failed prank. I told him that the game had been called 15 minutes before for a lunch break, and poor dom, I wish i had a camera. The look on his face was the best mix of confused and disappointed I've ever seen. And worse yet, after he walked with us to our hq, he tells us he's been down there for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

Wolfy
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Wolfy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Yeah Dom was down by Alpha hq for a while, he had even been watching most of IronFox as we were reloading and preparing to head back out.

As for technical, i got slammed into the back lip of the bed of the truck under the rear window when he was driving by the tower, not too shortly before hitting Swat. I now have a nice but huge black and blue bruise covering my whole elbow and it made it almost impossible to use my arm for a while. The only other bad injury was from all the barbed wire i actually got cut on just trying to find a tree to use as a toilet by hq.
Revenge is Sweeter than you ever were.
OP Blackwater II ♦ Op 24-3 ♦ FPTC Wellford ♦ Sc vs. Ga II ♦ Op. Convoy Steel Griffin ♦ Red Fox Dec. 15th ♦ Op. Double Cross ♦ Op. TDC 2 ♦

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:24 pm

SteevoLS wrote:Sorry about that Garrett, I had always associated him with Aircross. My bad!
No harm no foul, just wanted to make that clear......

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 pm

maybe if it is possible, make another bravo technical, that was pretty sweet to have on the field, and is more noticeable than the truck. and alot safer too. you can see in all directions inside it and still be able to manuver around. the only bad part is no transporting of troops.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Alpha won? Ofcourse. Who saw this coming? This guy.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 pm

TokenTech89 wrote:maybe if it is possible, make another bravo technical, that was pretty sweet to have on the field, and is more noticeable than the truck. and alot safer too. you can see in all directions inside it and still be able to manuver around. the only bad part is no transporting of troops.
Im guessing your talking about Fallouts Tank? Yeah that thing is a heck of a lot safer, but it takes time, money, and knowledge to build.
Image[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 pm

TokenTech89 wrote:maybe if it is possible, make another bravo technical, that was pretty sweet to have on the field, and is more noticeable than the truck. and alot safer too. you can see in all directions inside it and still be able to manuver around. the only bad part is no transporting of troops.
One of my teammates is working on a tank, well a stryker, which won't transport troops but will be about the size of a car, have an AT gun, a machine gun, and will hold about 4 people: driver, gunner, and two people shooting assault rifles, if all goes as planned.

specter

Post by specter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:48 pm

and it'll be on bravo? if so, i'm going to need to sell some anti tank and get that jeep i've been looking at! and a drum mag...
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face