Discuss previous games here.
Wolfy
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: OP: SOCO

Post by Wolfy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Also, it was great to see stuckmojo freak about a snake XD
Revenge is Sweeter than you ever were.
OP Blackwater II ♦ Op 24-3 ♦ FPTC Wellford ♦ Sc vs. Ga II ♦ Op. Convoy Steel Griffin ♦ Red Fox Dec. 15th ♦ Op. Double Cross ♦ Op. TDC 2 ♦

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you!
I want to thank everyone that came out. I know it was a hard event to have positive feelings about, with what we had to work with.
I want to address a few things.
First: It was my suggestion to take the southern hq. My reasons were that good fields of fire, location to campsite and flatness, close to the cabins that Mojo used, the northern section of the field was not known Poop or most of his core teams, and when Ga player would bleed out they would have to go uphill all the way to respawn. These are good reasons that I gave Mojo, and if you thought about it, would agree.
Side note, the Ga campsite, 7 vehicles had to be pulled out because of getting stuck.

Second: Time of start and early stops of game play.
I have never gone to any large event that started on time. Safety briefings are a major need in clarifacation of rules. Many players can recite all the major rules, but the rules that are needed for a perticual op have to take time. Yes, knowing all this, I would have had the briefing an hour proir to start, but that is just normal for all major ops that I have been too.
Early stops were because of safety and stress issues. While I may not have argeed in the stopages, I have to respect them. Mojo is our commander. His reasons are for the safety of all players, but Sc players above all else.

Third: Calling players out.
Yes, it was an issue that both sides had. How that happens is one player hits another, then does not call it. The attacker then sends reminder shots, and the attackie still does not call it. Well guess what, monkey see, monkey do. I found out that my girlfriend's son started doing this, after we got back home. Guess what, both are at fault. Yes, both side started it and that was found to be accepted by admin to a degree.
Not fair, but it take one person to stop it but just walking away.
It may be possible to "cut the bush" to hit other players, but with a .30 gram, it is very hard to do it.

Fouth: Field markings and out of play zones.
When Mojo, Moose, Merv, Rock (and his kids), and I walked the field, we did see the issues of boundries markers where not up. We did address that with Gunner that afternoon. He dropped the ball. But with my platoon, they listened and did not brake that area. Yes I had to walk twice, because I had to clear Ga players out of there. Those that I told, did not do it again and passed that info on to whom ever they met. But admin got notice and fixed that really quick.

Props:
Mojo- strong leader with well rounded safety in mind with players
Zoobie- Damn great comms and traffic controller
Jester- Straight up operator with great communicaton at the day and wow at the night for my eyes.
2nd platoon- You made me proud to work so good with conventional movements.
All my medics (2nd platoon and Sunday play)- "If I don't see two medic tags on walking players, I will shoot you all!" Super fast and hardest working players I have seen in a loooonngg time!
SC players (and thoughs darn GA players, who came to our aid)- Thank you for all that you have done, and making the game more enjoyable.
Gunner- As always, very dynamic field that I do enjoy to play at. "Get thoughs tape lines up!"
Tak, Zartan, and Airdog crew- Great game ideas and thanks for the quick responces.
And SC and GA player- Thank you when you did the honorable thing and called your hit.

I hope that I did not show any unsportman actions, if I did, I do apologize.

Ghost
Last edited by jsts ghost on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.

Post by stuckmojo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm

ok now i want to address the aspects of the game. first of all sc held their own and gave ga a fit. the ga commander even told me this. as far as point im not sure and asked the admin about this and was put off everytime. i do know that we were ahead of ga at 3 or 4 pm and due to the sc players leaving the field ga was able to push through and catch up. as far as the night game was concerned i was really excited before the game started and we went into the game. btw i want to thank the ga commander for calling me last week and suggesting that we do away with base blows so me and him get out there and play with our troops and have fun. thanks to ironfox for playing with me, you guys alway seem to wind up with me when im playing in a role playing situation or command. im sad that the ga players didnt get to see eursala ;D . about an hour into the nite game there were alot of issues such as non hit calling and safety issues such as shooting within med or on full auto from ga players. players were coming to me and telling me this and i addressed them with the admin and was basically blown off so i addressed it with the command staff and it was put to a vote to call it so that no players were hurt. the admin staff took it as us forfieting the nite game and dock points from us which i think is totally wrong. how can you dock points from us when the other team was blatently ignoring the rules? anyway i dont want sc players to look down on ga for this i still had fun which is what its all about and i look forward to next years game here in sc. as far as the day game goes, my ride was sick and needed to leave and my son was a little horse and wore out from saturdays game and needed rest so i had ghoust lead the sc players on sunday which im told by him that sc held their own again and kick butt. and also we only had about 55 players left on sunday and was outnumbered 3 to 1. again im proud of the way that the players that stayed had great attitudes and conducted themselves with honor. in my opinion as far as who won or lost the worst case scenario is a tie. i know that there will be alot of flaming and bragging going on on the metro atlanta forrums which im not even going to bother to read. this was a huge success for sc and every sc player should be proud of themselves and their state. im so proud to be a part of airsoft in this state and i cant say enough of how proud i am of the sc players and will go to war with you guys anytime any where. this is all im going to address on the negative stuff of this game and will let the aosc admins who were there take it from here but as for me i cant wait until next year when ga comes here
Last edited by stuckmojo on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Ghost, it was awesome meeting you and running with you when I could. Unfortunately, we had a couple guns go down during the day and repairing those kept us off of the field at a couple unfortunate times. We did start the push in the afternoon that eventually took the town, so I guess we did something, but all in all I didn't feel like we played up to our abilities, admittedly because our morale was pretty low (really no one's fault but ours.)

I agree completely with your "monkey see, monkey do" statement. Several SC guys told me stories similar to this: "I shot the Ga guy and he didn't call it, then he shot me and I didn't call it because he should have been dead." That's not right. Players should take pride in playing an honorable game regardless of what their opposition does.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Mirakaski wrote:I had a great time low crawling my way up to GA HQ repeatedly all day. I had a whole GA platoons looking for me at one point. I am not positive, but I'm pretty sure I came the closest of any SC player to do a base blow on GA. I was literally 5-10 ft away when the game was called. Oh well. THAT IS ONE BIG HILL TO LOW CRAWL!!!!!!
I'm not positive, but I believe one SC guy actually did base blow Ga on Saturday morning. Can't remember who...

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Mojo, just so you know, the base blow before dinner was not due to lack of players. I was personally sitting there with about 10 others waiting for them. They had a helo which dropped literally right next to our base (which shouldn't have been allowed IMO) and its done baseball slid into the base while we lit everyone up from all sides.

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Alright folks, I had fun, we all had fun. Next year will be revenge :D Now who's ready for some AOSC games coming up?
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

atl

Post by atl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Mirakaski wrote:I had a great time low crawling my way up to GA HQ repeatedly all day. I had a whole GA platoons looking for me at one point. I am not positive, but I'm pretty sure I came the closest of any SC player to do a base blow on GA. I was literally 5-10 ft away when the game was called. Oh well. THAT IS ONE BIG HILL TO LOW CRAWL!!!!!!
I blew a base.

atl

Post by atl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 pm

atl wrote:me and about 4 others snuck around and blew base 1 within the first 30 minutes and were keeping alot of people occupied and killing a lot of people eventually we got over run because we were out of amo then walked back to respawn

atl

Post by atl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Mirakaski wrote:
UF_Jester wrote:
I'm not positive, but I believe one SC guy actually did base blow Ga on Saturday morning. Can't remember who...
Mojo should be able to confirm because that would have been a big deal.
Marpat, our platoon leader, didn't answer when we tried to radio him so we just called into channel one and they confirmed it.

s92harrell
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by s92harrell » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm

On behalf on ODA105, I want to apologize (again) for the behavior of a large portion of the GA players this weekend. I was embarrassed, to be honest. Not just the lack of hit calling, but the general attitude. Poop is a great guy to play for, and so are most of the GA guys. There's always that few that ruin it.
To Mojo, I agree with the people leaving the field. It's a problem that I've observed at EVERY single Airdog OP I've attended. Our suggestion to the Airdog staff was, and has been in the past, to break up the play into smaller portions. Do like two or three hours, then half an hour or forty five min break. That way you don't wind up missing guys.

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:11 pm

harrell you dont have to apologize but it was nice of you to do so. i agree that there are some great players in ga and i enjoyed going against poopdaddy

specter

Post by specter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 pm

so who won?
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 pm

technically ga but i have already said what i feel about this earlier

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I heard nothing of a base blow from anyone, I checked with my scout team to see if they did anything, they said they got stuck a little in front of Alaska, and that was as far as they got.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)