Op. Apple Pie

Discuss previous games here.
Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Op. Apple Pie

Post by Foxx » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm

I'll edit this later and add my 2 cents about the game, but right now there's something I'd like to throw out there.

During the attack/defend near the creek before the raffle, I let someone with an M4 borrow my AK's under-barrel cleaning rod. I never did get that back and I'd like to know where that's at. PM me if you have it. Trig might run up there sometime during the week to see if he can find it, but I'd hate for him to have to do that if someone took it with them. Let me know asap.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Razgriz1992
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Op. Apple Pie

Post by Razgriz1992 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I have to say for my first game that was awesome. It was great meeting everyone and looking forward to the next game. Thanks Garrett, SQAirsoft and a everyone who helped me and made the event that i could attend possible.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 am

I very very much enjoyed the game minus the heat. If this game was put in October or when it's a little cooler this would probably be the funnest game of the year. Cleric and Garret did an awsome job putting this game together and thank you for that. I couldnt have been to a funner game to end my airsoft playing in SC. Thank you so much.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

zythergtx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by zythergtx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 am

Had a great time. Learned from SGC that we needed to find a good spot and camp. We set up right beside base 5 and had a great time shooting bravos. Again met lots of people and really enjoyed that. Aside from the heat it was one of the funnest I have been to!
Veteran of:
OP Call of Battle Terror in India
OP Steel Griffin Convoy
OP Apple Pie

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:33 am

Also I really liked that everyone called their hits. I didnt even hear someone say "call your hits" at this game and I think everyone got along very well.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 am

To the people who think it is fine to show up late and hold up the game by an hour or two... Die in a fire.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Amen Steevols I was there at 8 and had to wait like 4 hours to start.

asianhaw808
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by asianhaw808 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 pm

I had a lot of fun at this game. The heat was killer but still fun. Game started 2 hours late, but a lot of bb's were flying. After the lunch break, many people went home so Team Extorrus played one game then left at around 5. I had a great time.
Don't make fun of our Awesome Cool Uniforms
Operations:
OP24-3
OP New Germany II
The Swamp Opening Event
SQA Spring Airsoft
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Battle in the Badlands 12/1/12
Bounty Hunter Wars

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:40 pm

I think the game play went fine, I did not have a problem with hit calling or people being rude, the idea of the game was also a great idea.

The problem I have is that 10 of our guys drove 3 hours one way to play for around 3 hours. We were two hours behind then we played for 2 hours, after that we had a 2 hour and 45 min lunch break. The lunch lasted longer then the game play in the morning did. At 4:45 we started playing for about 45 mins only to have it stopped again. I do not know the reasons for the lack of game play but it was ridiculous.

I also think it was way wrong that the KWA pistol was told to be raffled off and then it was not. I do understand that enough money was not raised and you do not want to go in the whole over it. But it was never said that if we do not raise enough we will not raffle it, some of my guys spent extra money on tickets only to win a $2 shot gun. After the long drive up there and playing for less then that this really was like a slap to the face.

This is nothing personal to the ones who put on the game or an attack on them but I really had one of the least fun days of airsoft in my life. The best part of the day was sitting around with the SQA guys and shooting the breeze.

asianhaw808
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by asianhaw808 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Rev wrote: The problem I have is that 10 of our guys drove 3 hours one way to play for around 3 hours. We were two hours behind then we played for 2 hours, after that we had a 2 hour and 45 min lunch break. The lunch lasted longer then the game play in the morning did. At 4:45 we started playing for about 45 mins only to have it stopped again. I do not know the reasons for the lack of game play but it was ridiculous.
I don't think you were the only upset with this. My team and I were upset with this too, but the AOSC tried to put on a fabulous game with the weather conditions and with a huge a turnout it was, organization had to be tough so I give them props for that.
Don't make fun of our Awesome Cool Uniforms
Operations:
OP24-3
OP New Germany II
The Swamp Opening Event
SQA Spring Airsoft
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Battle in the Badlands 12/1/12
Bounty Hunter Wars

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:52 pm

How many players showed up for this game?

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

slimshady222 wrote:about 70
Last I "heard" (insert joke), it was slightly over 100....
* Airsofter *

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 pm

The "offical " total was 103 Paid players and about atotal 110 total players !

This was my first game and I learned a lot of good thjings and Bad things .

I will give my Offical review in a bit ......
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v

OperationBadlands
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by OperationBadlands » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am

4 members of Badlands Elite went and we had a blast. It was really hot and I think the staff did the best they could with weather conditions. We walked around a little too much at first and was found by ATF but then we found a strong hold over by base 5 and gave Bravo fits. We decide it was time to go get water and food, walked by base 5 and Bravo had just set in motion attack against us with a team going thru woods to flank. They had to call off their massive attack. Too funny. Anyway we had a great time!

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Ok after a week of rest and thinking lon this game here are my thoughts . :

1. I must apoligize and and say that I am truely sorry for the late start . This was my first game and I learned a lot of things to do and not to do in the next games.
We started late due to waiting for some people that were needed to start the game, and getting them de briefed. This will not happen agian .

2. I chose to have the lunch break at 2 and extend it to only an hour and 30 min . Because up unto that point we had already carted off 5 players due to the heat. I know a lot of people did not know this info , due to playing and being so involved in the game play. But understand it was my responisbility to provide a safe enviroment. and that is why I called the game for lunch when I did. And allowed the lunch to last as long as it did. Safety was and is my main objective ! ^-^

3. I was really impressed with the role playing that was done by both sides. Both Alpha and bravo sides played there part to the T !!! 8)

4. Hit calling ! I dont recall ever hereing any complaints or seeing any ofthat happening . Great Job Everybody !!!!! :D

5. The raffle , I thought this would have been a good idea , since it was free , but if you wanted to increase your chances you could purchae more tickets. The people would did buy more tickets seem to have better chances. Now I dont mean to call anybody out but Rev , for the first 5 or 6 winners I allowed them to pick what ever they wanted from the pile . so if anybody wants to complain , it was their choice of prizes , not mine .

6 . Now for the KWA ATP , after much thought and discussing it with a few friends I have decided to go ahead give the gun away!!!! :o :o So what I did was called Garrett and asked him for all of the people who paid and filled out a regerstaion form. Garrett then entered everybody's name in to the computer and had a program randomly choose a name . That persons real goverment name is .......... STEVEN BECK FROM ANDERSON SC. !!! . If Steven will contact me by Pm I will try and either mail the gun to him, or give it at the next AOSC game that we both attend ! So congratas Steven !

7. I hope this will clear up any of the confusion that may have stemed from this game . I really enjoyed this game and the people and the turnout was great ! I look forward to hosting more games in the future if you ( the AOSC) will have me !
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v