August 4th at the airfarm

Discuss previous games here.
Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: August 4th at the airfarm

Post by Foxx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:24 am

SteevoLS wrote:Well ain't that the darndest thing!
I'm just surprised the person I lent it to was willing to stick it in their barrel in the first place. I know it had to have scratched the hell out of their inner barrel.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 pm

That reminds me of the time I found one of my old TM M93R magazines in the village at TT a full six months after I lost it. I just happened to see it in the dirt, cleaned it up and it was good to go.

BTW I did not get any of the lost and found stuff that people are reporting from this game.

One of my CO2 canisters that was on my table in direct sunlight exploded, it is pretty awesome looking. A guy near my van heard it and was nice enough to move them all into the shade for me. Saved a several bucks worth of likely to explode shells lol. Another protip to add: 12g CO2 will explode if left in direct sunlight long enough.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Dominum wrote: One of my CO2 canisters that was on my table in direct sunlight exploded, it is pretty awesome looking. A guy near my van heard it and was nice enough to move them all into the shade for me. Saved a several bucks worth of likely to explode shells lol. Another protip to add: 12g CO2 will explode if left in direct sunlight long enough.
We heard it go off to, I was over there with the fellow looking around for what exploded. We couldn't find anything, but your stuff was out in the sun just baking, so we moved it to the shade. We guessed that something in the case or in your van had exploded due to the heat.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah, he told me about it when I got back and we looked around, the 12g CO2 shell is split in half, it looks awesome. I'll show you next time I see you.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm

idiot88 wrote:The game started off badly for me. When I got to the closest Bravo base at game start, I went to put my mag in my FNC and noticed both highcaps had somehow fallen out my pocket. I brought my FNC because it is good at long range, and I was expecting to be involved in long range firefights on the open areas. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I switched to my lower powered Type 89 which is has only a zero MED. It turned out that the majority of my kills were at close range in the woods and would have been inside the MED of my FNC.

I had a fun day overall until about 4:30 because most Bravo had left, and I kept getting killed before I could link up with the few Bravo still there.

Once years ago at a Red Fox game (don't remember if it was SCAA or AOSC), the reps put up measured markers indicating the MED's of 20, 50, and 100 feet. I am wondering if we need to do that periodically at games to reinforce depth perception. I noticed not once, but SEVERAL times, different people would get hit abd ask the shooters what their MED was. The shooters would respond twenty feet, and the victims would start arguing the shooters were inside twenty feet, but I witnessed the shootings were at or outside twenty feet. People need to realize that twenty feet is only about 3 1/2 adult males lying down end to end.
I agree, one of the Bravo snipers was shooting very close with a BASR, and it wasn't one of those situations where it was iffy if he was past 100 feet, he was less than 50 walking around popping people. If you're going walk around using a BASR like an assault rifle then you need to consider changing roles or switching springs..

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Awesome Dom, I look forward to seeing it.

As for MEDs, I know of at least 1 case where a sniper rifle got a 50ft MED instead of a 100ft MED. And it wasn't like it was close to the mark either. However, I believe the player was an alpha player, and not a bravo player.

It's funny though, having run the chrono that morning, how many guns I DIDN'T see at the chrono station, but saw on the field...

RPK95
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by RPK95 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I really liked this field, as this was the first time I ever played there. I now know why everyone says it's a great field. One of the most frightening things at this game was when the guy who was Bravo's CO ran right in front of my team near the end of the first battle. You really gave us all heart attacks.
I am the brother of Marpat96...we look just alike.

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Star_folder wrote:Awesome Dom, I look forward to seeing it.

As for MEDs, I know of at least 1 case where a sniper rifle got a 50ft MED instead of a 100ft MED. And it wasn't like it was close to the mark either. However, I believe the player was an alpha player, and not a bravo player.

It's funny though, having run the chrono that morning, how many guns I DIDN'T see at the chrono station, but saw on the field...

At one point, when alpha was hanging around Lincoln's Hold waiting for us Bravo players to respawn, there was an alpha player with an LMG pointed right at me 8 feet away, and when I didn't see any tag on his gun, I asked him if he had chronoed, and his response was no. I then asked if he knew what his FPS was, and he didn't know that either. He was about to light me up from within 10' with an LMG he didn't know the FPS of. Needless to say, I was a little concerned.

[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Sounds like I need to whip out one of my old ideas...

Random in game inspections of tags/randomly selected persons to be re chronographed in game.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.

Post by marpat96 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:42 am

Mr. Marauder wrote:

At one point, when alpha was hanging around Lincoln's Hold waiting for us Bravo players to respawn, there was an alpha player with an LMG pointed right at me 8 feet away, and when I didn't see any tag on his gun, I asked him if he had chronoed, and his response was no. I then asked if he knew what his FPS was, and he didn't know that either. He was about to light me up from within 10' with an LMG he didn't know the FPS of. Needless to say, I was a little concerned.
Marauder, could you describe what he looked like? Tan shirt with a black vest?
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 am

Dominum wrote:That reminds me of the time I found one of my old TM M93R magazines in the village at TT a full six months after I lost it. I just happened to see it in the dirt, cleaned it up and it was good to go.

BTW I did not get any of the lost and found stuff that people are reporting from this game.

One of my CO2 canisters that was on my table in direct sunlight exploded, it is pretty awesome looking. A guy near my van heard it and was nice enough to move them all into the shade for me. Saved a several bucks worth of likely to explode shells lol. Another protip to add: 12g CO2 will explode if left in direct sunlight long enough.
Dom, this was my friend's father who did this. He was telling us about it, glad he did that though, always nice to help someone. Btw poat up a photo of that C02 ;D

atl

Post by atl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 am

Mr. Marauder wrote: At one point, when alpha was hanging around Lincoln's Hold waiting for us Bravo players to respawn, there was an alpha player with an LMG pointed right at me 8 feet away, and when I didn't see any tag on his gun, I asked him if he had chronoed, and his response was no. I then asked if he knew what his FPS was, and he didn't know that either. He was about to light me up from within 10' with an LMG he didn't know the FPS of. Needless to say, I was a little concerned.
did he look like this

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 am

It wasn't him, there is a green tag on that LMG in the picture, I have others to prove it also. How about this: Was he black? Did he have an RPK? Those were the only other support gunners out there. The guy in the picuture did chrono his gun, I at first thought he didn't but he did :p

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 am

So, I missed this one. I can't wait to get my drivers licence and not have to rely on my dad. We both wanted to go, but but Dad realized just in time that saturday was his and mom's anniversary. So, hopefully I'll see you all at the next one!
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Mr. Marauder wrote:

If this every happens to anyone find a mod/rep immediately and we will remove this person from the game. No one should be using a gun they haven't chrono'd and have no idea what it is shooting.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.