Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Discuss previous games here.
Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Re: Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Post by Echo1 Operator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 am

Satellite view shows a small neighborhood and houses near Alpha's HQ.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 am

I want to thank Diesel, Sev, and JR for stepping up and helping out since I got called out of town. I'm not sure where Alpha's HQ's ended up being, but where I had it in the opening on the bottom of the map is in the middle of the field with no houses or neighborhoods anywhere near it, but I didn't get Diesel a map of where I wanted it. As for the water, I wanted to try a different objective and I wasn't sure how it would workout but you never know until you try! I wanted to have a few other objectives as well, but maybe next time. ;)
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 am

Oh, also, lost a small yellow propane adaptor.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Schmarvin wrote:Dom, you injured one of our players by shooting him in the face within your MED. When your weapon draws blood on another player, you are shooting to close.
Judging by your assertion that any BB that draws blood is shooting too close, I have to assume you have not played a lot of airsoft. You do realize that a 210 w.25g FPS TM AEP can draw blood at 20ft, right? (I saw it happen multiple times) It all depends on where and how it hits. That being said, I know exactly what you are talking about. At the beginning of the game I shot a teenage looking guy (in shooting glasses I believe) with my P90 in the face, which shoots around 315 FPS and thus has a 20ft MED (which it was tagged with that morning by Mr. Escue). The person I shot, though not very much further away than 20', was definitely more than 20' away from me when I shot him. I did not fire at anyone underneath my MEDs at this game, though I have accidentally done so before. When I did, I immediately acknowledged the mistake and apologized. I didn't do that to your friend because I was well within my rights to shoot him, and though I was not very happy about having shot him in his unprotected face, that was all he presented to me. In fact, I commented later in the day to someone that I had had to shoot an unfortunate person at less than 30' in the face and I felt bad for him. If I had had the drop on him and he hadn't been popping his head up and down so much I would have used a pistol just to be nice, but I didn't have time to take chances in that firefight and he was most certainly over 20' away, so I played the game within the rules.

I can understand why your buddy isn't happy, but if he doesn't want to get shot in the face he needs to protect it or not present it as the only target. Additionally, it is a common mistake to think that 20' is much farther than it is. That is about the distance of someone across from you in your living room. It's only three men laying down, plus two feet (easiest way to picture it). So, while it may have seemed very close to your friend, it was still more than twenty feet away. You noticed how quickly I drew my pistol and eliminated targets when I was under my MED when you were in that trench later, if I wasn't following MEDs I would have just hosed you all down with the P90 rather than taking the time to draw my pistol and fire on three people on semi auto.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Dominum wrote:...rather than taking the time to draw my pistol and fire on three people on semi auto.
WHICH WAS AWESOME
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Schmarvin wrote:
Mr. Marauder wrote:
Felix wrote: Do remember, you can bleed from just about anything.
This is true. I have been shot from over 100 ft by a gun with a 50ft MED and it drew blood. It can vary per player.
I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
^Just saw this. Now I know why you were upset, you thought I shot your friend at 25' (which is about what it was) but that my MED was 50'. That makes sense, I would have been upset too. The MED on the gun is in fact 20', so now you know why I did it. Again, sorry I had to do that to your friend, I don't like causing bleeders, but I had to choose between getting myself shot and being really nice to unprotected faces.

EDIT:
Schmarvin wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
Well, you are sort of correct.....

I was at the Chrono. Dom had a 20ft MED at Blue Hole. :evil:
Schmarvin wrote:Before or after a smaller battery? lol I know the trick. First time I saw that done was at "The Swamp" for the first game. Sneaky.
Schmarvin wrote:An 8.4v battery has less volts than a 9.6v. Lets say my gun shoots 400fps with a 9.6v battery. When I put in an 8.4v battery, the fps is lower. I believe at blue hole, I chrono'd at about 340fps-ish with an 8.4v.

Then again, it may just be my gun.

Batteries have nothing to do with FPS...

Even if that did work, you are accusing me of going to chrono, and then changing my gun to shoot hotter. That is a direct insult to my honor, and I do not appreciate it. I am not about to violate my own rules in such an underhanded manner. Do you really think that is the kind of person I am? Have you ever played with me before?

EDIT:
Blackjack pointed out the deadrag in the hand thing, which was a problem I had to address several times. Weird, that has not been an issue before, but it was seen on both sides at this game. Like he said, if you aren't quick enough to stuff it away when you yank it off, toss it on the ground. Holding it in your hand is NOT OK.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

D.Smitty
I do in fact have a life.

Post by D.Smitty » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Dominum wrote:It's only three men laying down, plus two feet (easiest way to picture it).
He has no idea how that sounds out of context, does he?
We all started doing what we love somewhere...

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 pm

D.Smitty wrote:
Dominum wrote:It's only three men laying down, plus two feet (easiest way to picture it).
He has no idea how that sounds out of context, does he?
Depends on where the feet are!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 am

I can attest that my own ~215fps (w/.25g bbs) TM AEP's have, in fact, drawn blood at close range, unfortunately.
I even once made a guy bleed with a $20 springer pistol shooting .12g's, a gun so cheap that didn't even have a hopup. Sadly such is the inherent danger of airsoft.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

If you don't like getting shot, then find another hobby or protect yourself.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

RangerGranger
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by RangerGranger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Gambler wrote:If you don't like getting shot, then find another hobby or protect yourself.
Amen!
Team Swamp Rats

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 am

I like pain. But I did find out that there are knitting classes at the YMCA as well as one hour craft classes at Lowes. My daughter like the latter for the crafts.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 pm

For those who were confused by our Soviet/Russian issue "khaki" (an Hindustani/Urdu/Persian word meaning "soil colored") uniforms and somehow thought they were green.....
British khaki field uniforms (made for trench fighting), pre-WW1 (courtesy of Encyclopedia Britannica, 1911) - Image
WW2 reenactors in khaki field dress Image
Us at Blue Hole (center) in khaki uniforms - Image
The American concept of khaki has, over time, become steadily lighter, more beige/tan/off-white, i.e. brown blended with white, whereas in other parts of the world (i.e. Britain, Russia, etc), khaki retained its original meaning of a dirty brown shade, darker in tone, i.e. more what we think of as flat dark earth or coyote.
The Soviets/Warsaw Pact continued to issue khaki brown service uniforms after WW2 precisely because Nato/America wore OD green, thus creating the classic "army man" toy soldier green vs. tan we all came to know as children. How anyone could confuse the very intentionally diametric opposite of standard nato issue olive green with green itself boggles my mind!

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh! Oh! Because Multicam and your uniform look so close in color that...

No wait! Because it looks brown...

Oh hell! It is just brown not tan so that is the problem!!

A+ for Ghost!!!!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Yep, that was it, we were brown and not tan. Dammit!