Mission: DOUBLE CROSS

Discuss previous games here.
Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Mission: DOUBLE CROSS

Post by Rev » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Jeremy is IV's Kory. You are much gooderz at the engrish then I am.

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Hotspur93 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 am

Alright after so many responses and after reading the pages of butt hurt I guess I will throw my 2 cents in as well. Games are always difficult to run no matter who is doing it, end of story. Some people have had more experience, or are better organized about it, simply this comes with time and experience. Cleric had a great scenario planned out and did an excellent job as admin. Anytime I had a question I simply popped on to channel 1 and requested assistance. I got a response quickly and clearly. I feel that many people did not take the time to ask for clarification about certain situations when they arose. If you need clarification about something, just ask. Its not hard, it saves time, and cuts back on the butt hurt. I also want to add that there are too things that I know to be fact when attending an airsoft event, no matter who is hosting:

1) You are going to get shot. That is what the sport is about. You don't want to get shot don't play, or wear a bright orange jacket and take pictures or help admin.
2) There will always be something that someone does not like about a game, it may be a game mechanic, a specific rule, a player, or even the hosting admin. Suck it up. You are here to play and someone somewhere has had it worse. Take joy and pride in the fact that we are even able to get out and play.

Those being said Ill move on. I feel that the largest issue of the day was the rules not being clearly stated/written down about somethings. This issue has already been talked about in depth and I do not want to comment on it further. Regardless of this I still had fun getting out and shooting people. I also want to point out that this is the AOSC. Airsoft Organization of South Carolina. It is what the name says it is, an Organization, a group of people who get together to play. Under that mind set it as much the responsibility of the Admin to make sure the game runs smoothly and is fun for everyone as it is the individual player.
Players are the ones who determine if the game is fun or not. I was more upset with other players during the day then I was at the Admin or any game mechanics I found a little foggy. There were several times that I found myself wishing that people would play more and whine less, or for that matter just play and not be worried about being shot. One of my pet peeves is to here people on the field say, "I don't want to do that I might get shot" big whopdie freakin do that's what the game is about. Just because some one has a Polarstar, VFC, or any other price gun does not mean that it will hurt more or less. People who own those types of rifles just have extra funds to spend and are bound to the same rules as everyone else.

Dom commented earlier in the thread about the second half of the day when he and a small FT assaulted the Bravo HQ. The only reason that they did so well was because there were 4 or 5 players that did not want to respawn because they did not want to get shot. My opinion, you are at you HQ, you don't have to walk anywhere when you get shot, if no one can heal you bleed out and respawn on the spot. That's how it works, its really the best place to be shot. The game is about being shot, when someone asks you to respawn and help defend a position don't say to me "I dont want to respawn yet cause I will get shot." If thats the case then get your sorry a$$ off the field, or go spawn somewhere else, if you cant spawn somewhere else, suck it up and spawn under fire, and get some adrenaline in your veins. Just don't complain about how you cant respawn because you might get shot, that is one of he stupidest things I have ever heard in a game of airsoft.

Now that I have gotten that out. In regards to how the game was balanced during the second half of the day, I would like someone to come up with a better idea. The game got harder for Bravo because A) Alpha got the only to spies, makes sense they needed a hand, and B) A lot of Bravo players left at lunch which is typical at any game. Cleric simply did what he thought would give Alpha a chance to win. They won simply because they took the advantage that was given to them and used, Bravo chose to sit on their ass and complain. I played on Bravo and complained very little about the mechanics, but more so about the attitude of the players.

My final words are this. Players make a game fun or bad, the Admin is there simply to try and push the game in a direction that will make it interesting. After that it is up to the players to keep it going in the right direction. If players choose to be sour then it affects everyone else, if players had a good time and show it then that good feeling gets passed to others. To many people at this game have chosen to belly ache and shout butt hurt about things that annoyed them then share the cool stories that they had from the day.

Let me share my cool story, I got to flip the enemy flag with 20 seconds left on the clock during the trench warfare at the end of the day after running around, assaulting trenches, and shootin foos. End of story. Stop the belly aching and share some cool stories.
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force

stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.

Post by stuckmojo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Also I'm glad that loosing a team means so little to the AOSC reps, they they push it aside and haven't made any public attempts to try and resolve the situation and get them back. Every day the AOSC is becoming more like the foregone SCAA, and that's something I never thought would happen, honestly. But hey, as I said I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are entitled to yours.

sad to say jeremy but your right and im glad im not the only one who sees this but let me say i for one will miss you guys. some of my funnest moments in airsoft was with team socom
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm

removed because of lack of care.
Last edited by Rev on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerbilizer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Gerbilizer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm sorry to those I made mad for shooting myself in the foot, I needed to go and switch to my Thompson due to my Rhop over hopping.
Polarstar refills here- http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... =58&t=6879
Romba wrote:I just want to shoot everyone. :P
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

BRB, out of popcorn.

D.Smitty

Post by D.Smitty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Everybody is posting! My two cents:

We all started doing what we love somewhere...

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Gerbilizer wrote:I'm sorry to those I made mad for shooting myself in the foot, I needed to go and switch to my Thompson due to my Rhop over hopping.
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm

My God, I didn't go because of pre planned events, but c'mon now. This is worst than the SOCO thread. Dang, we are all friends here. No need to get upset for anything. Mistakes happen. People are always late, nothing to flip tables about. Saying stuff like "I wouldn't attend his game either" and "The Reps do jack squat about anything" and just the complete complaining needs to stop! I do not know Rev personally, but he said 3 games in 6 months, the AOSC has games every TWO weeks, which means there are fantastic games in between that he did not attend, but, he is a veteran of the game, if he chooses to not attend, that is his choice. No harm in anything. Thread needs to be locked if SOCO like banter keeps coming up. I look up to you guys, Dom, Mojo, Mr. Marauder, Cleric, Felix, Gerbilizer's father, Gold Team, and pretty much everyone else. C'mon now, I know this post may have been useless, but we need to take a step back here, make things better, and everything will be fine again. :)
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Marpat, you have to realize, any AOSC game for SOCOM/IV is at least a 3 hour drive unless it's at the Swamp, and that's still 2 1/2 hours. We attend more games in NC than in SC because they are just better organized and run smoother.

You don't know most of us personally because it's a hassle to come out to AOSC games at Redfox,and FP, and even the Airfarm is a long trek for us. 7-10 hours of driving is hard, especially when you're tired in the early morning and worn out from the game in the late afternoon.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

This is a rather disheartening thread. I used to turn to AOSC to escape from the drama of day to day life, nowadays that's all I see here anymore. The overall cynicism seems to have multiplied ten-fold as of late. We've all seen it.

What really bothers me is how it seems like AOSC can't have a valid discussion on how to make things better without the discussion becoming 50% of people trying to help, and 50% of people just trying to out-piss each other.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

atl

Post by atl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

From personal experience never complain, I did that about steel griffin convoy though I did waist $80 with the food gas gear and price on that game Green Ninja worked super hard on putting that on as I'm sure cleric did and it's not his fault that the game ended up apparently bad. Also addressing the cynical thing, people tend to forget the bad it had always been this way as long as I can remember.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Pros: 1.Awesome fun day. 2.Love the field. 3.Better hit calling than usual (at least for me). 4.Trench battles.

Cons (list looks longer because I must explain): 1.Complicated game rules. I lost half of what I heard after the 5 minute mark during breifing. 2.Players who don't understand what "GAME OVER" means. No it's not a trick, the game really is over. GAME OVER and BLIND MAN should be two calls that are never questioned. 3.Many cases of shooting "dead" players with dead rags clearly presented. My friends and I were all hosed down while dead at different times during the day, and most of the occurrences happened while casually standing in the open with bright red on all sides of our heads. Such acts are unacceptable, and if blatant enough should be grounds for dismissal.

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:30 pm

As AOSC reps, our goal is to make games fun for you guys. We take feedback and criticism and put it to use, so future games can benefit from it. Anyone who feels AOSC games are not worth attending, please know this is a work in progress.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Since ya'll are looking for constructive criticism, I'll pitch in on one note. I loved the trench fights, which didn't last nearly long enough at the start of the day. Then there was the rocky mount 3 hour standstill. It was fun for about an hour, and then the experience started getting old. As alpha, and needing to respawn there while trapped on the hill we are forced to defend, and Bravo having no hope of taking it, there was no end in sight. It just felt like both sides were stalling and waiting for the game to end, so we could all play in the trenches or somewhere other than that hill.