Mission: DOUBLE CROSS

Discuss previous games here.
idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Mission: DOUBLE CROSS

Post by idiot88 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 pm

What was the attendance number for this game?

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 am

I believe it was around 65.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

crossfire876
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by crossfire876 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 am

captainkirk05 wrote:Pros: 1.Awesome fun day. 2.Love the field. 3.Better hit calling than usual (at least for me). 4.Trench battles.

Cons (list looks longer because I must explain): 1.Complicated game rules. I lost half of what I heard after the 5 minute mark during briefing. 2.Players who don't understand what "GAME OVER" means. No it's not a trick, the game really is over. GAME OVER and BLIND MAN should be two calls that are never questioned. 3.Many cases of shooting "dead" players with dead rags clearly presented. My friends and I were all hosed down while dead at different times during the day, and most of the occurrences happened while casually standing in the open with bright red on all sides of our heads. Such acts are unacceptable, and if blatant enough should be grounds for dismissal.
captainkirk05 wrote: Since ya'll are looking for constructive criticism, I'll pitch in on one note. I loved the trench fights, which didn't last nearly long enough at the start of the day. Then there was the rocky mount 3 hour standstill. It was fun for about an hour, and then the experience started getting old. As alpha, and needing to respawn there while trapped on the hill we are forced to defend, and Bravo having no hope of taking it, there was no end in sight. It just felt like both sides were stalling and waiting for the game to end, so we could all play in the trenches or somewhere other than that hill.

I can agree with this as a whole. Not going to reinterate things already mentioned.

Alpha wasn't handicapped so much by spies because we never really had any (other than Dom, who fights for beenie-weenies) that weren't charity for the early morning beating we were taking.

Fun and friendly player base, awesome field. First time trip out there. Met a lot of neat people.

Alpha did well bunkering down on top of Rocky Top to hold off Bravo's advances. This was helped by the fact that we could spawn on top of the objective, but in all honesty Bravo did not pressure us enough. That game was Bravo's to win since the entirety of the defending force was lying prone on the hilltop to avoid being eliminated.

I like the idea of terrain advantages as balancers mentioned earlier or maybe respawn locations closer to objectives for losing factions. Think that may facilitate a little balance without players feeling cheated.

It does personally sadden me if an airsoft team decided to cut ties with the AOSC over this event and I am a little curious, if not concerned, that it has not been a focal point. A healthy community/player base within the AOSC helps it's continued survival. Like mentioned earlier, it's an organizaiton. Without the community the organization is null.

With that said, this thread lost traction when posts got personal. Discussing what was successful/unsuccessful makes the AOSC better. Bickering does nothing but inflame the discussion further.

P.S.- Clever comment Hoss, the shot heard round the AOSC got me laughing.
[align=center]CROSSFIRE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SVI Airsoft

24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."[/align]

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 am

Jeremy314 wrote:Marpat, you have to realize, any AOSC game for SOCOM/IV is at least a 3 hour drive unless it's at the Swamp, and that's still 2 1/2 hours. We attend more games in NC than in SC because they are just better organized and run smoother.

You don't know most of us personally because it's a hassle to come out to AOSC games at Redfox,and FP, and even the Airfarm is a long trek for us. 7-10 hours of driving is hard, especially when you're tired in the early morning and worn out from the game in the late afternoon.
Thats what I meant Jeremy. The long trek for a drive that far is very hard for people, NC being closer, its easier of course. What I'm saying is that 3 AOSC games in 6 months, although you base your opinion on these games, there are far more games that have gone great and such. But, 3 times, those 3 times should have been great for SOCOM/IV. This is just the way things happen, and it sucks, but I do hope to see you guys again, but with the distance and your opinions, I understand why not. I meant no disrespect at all in any way, just to clarify.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 am

in all honesty, we haven't been to an AOSC game that we truly enjoyed since the first Phantom Hawk game, though the Blackwater game is was fun, some of us were left with a sour taste in our mouth due the game mechanic that was basically used in this game, even though we were the "spies". Rev was just saying those are the games we have made it out to most recently.
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 am

atl wrote: Also addressing the cynical thing, people tend to forget the bad it had always been this way as long as I can remember.
I've been here since AOSC was formed. I can safely say that it hasn't always been like this. As cheesy as it sounds, it felt a lot more like a family in the early days.

Edit: It's still better than SCAA ever was, though. :P
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am

I haven't thoroughly read all 8 pages yet, but I do feel that the AOSC rules were not covered well, and I heard questions of base spawning under fire being allowed or not allowed. HQ was not capturable but then some thought they were. I really like capturing bases, retrieving objects, and then having optional oops for additional points. My first few games were at air farm around in Aug. And it seemed alot easier then. When I am given a map, with written objectives, and have game play theme or plot posted ahead of time I usually understand and can grasp what to do at the game. All that to be said felt like the rules of game play should of been better communicated, I agree w/ whoever said post up info on the forum, and written ops are.good so when there is confusion u pull out the paper and read it. I realize u can't give everyone a piece of paper but if u could give it to head of a group or what not. That's all I got and I am in no way trying to be insulting, confrontational, biased, or whatever.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am

Let me be the first to say , after reading everything - I screwed up! This game was a flop solely because I did not plan well enough in advance and I did not communicate everything clearly or early enough . That being said I will do my best to correct that ,hopefully in the future. There have been several good points made in this thread. And a Rep I will do my best to address those issues with the other reps. But please be patience ,these problems did not happen overnightand will not be corrected overnight. All of the Reps are aware we may lose a good team over this and are disccusing how to fix that and keep them. But that is something that is being handled behind the scenes ,not in front of everybody. That is not professional ,nor is it the right way to handle things.

My comment about " chairsofters " was not directed to anyone that attended this game. It was ment for the peoplewjo don't attend a game then post in the post chat, if you were not there why try to start or stoke a fire? If I offended anyone who came to the game , I'm sorry . That was not my intent.
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 pm

TO clear something up about the post that are now removed. This is game is not the reason we are leaving, this was the straw that broke the camels back. Not everyone of us are done with AOSC games, as I said Jeremy is much better at typing out what I mean better. All of us like Cleric, and the other reps (dom is questionable) :P, I could sit down and hang out with all of them. Not liking a game does not mean we hate the person running it. I am not looking to beat a dead horse here and some of the things I posted should not have been in public for that I was wrong and sorry.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I think you're being a bit generous there Rev, everyone knows that:
Jeremy314 wrote:Also I'm glad that loosing a team means so little to the AOSC reps, they they push it aside and haven't made any public attempts to try and resolve the situation and get them back. Every day the AOSC is becoming more like the foregone SCAA, and that's something I never thought would happen, honestly. But hey, as I said I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are entitled to yours.
Jeremy, the post about SOCOM/IV not planning to attend any more AOSC games was made Sunday afternoon or night I beleive, and was buried in a massive ongoing heated discussion. I logged on to check the forums around 11PM Sunday night, shortly before going to bed (well, that was my intention). I read the thread and started in on the discussion, which was very active and had many things needing to be addressed right then. I finally turned off my computer at 2 AM because I knew I had to sleep. The next morning, I left for work at 7AM, and didn't get home until after 7PM. During that time, you posted the quote above, saying that the fact that the AOSC Reps had not released an official public attempt to get your team back means that we don't care? That is an extremely unreasonable assertion to make, and is simply an unfair accusation to level at us. I was up late doing my best to address these issues in fact, then during my extremely busy and stressful workday (I had a pretty crap day frankly), I took time out from my job that actually pays me money to call Hoss and specifically ask him to contact your team concerning this. I did it because I do care, and I beleive Hoss has contacted you all concerning what you mentioned. Between the time this was brought up and the time you stated that none of the Reps cared because they hadn't publicly stated anything about your team leaving was not much more than a dozen hours, during which time we had a lot going on. Do we care? Yes, which is why we have spent so much time trying to get suggestions and feedback that will help. Can we always react instantaneously to any and all issues within hours of them being posted? Unfortunately no. I know you were frustrated (totally understandeable), but I ask that you take into account the amount of time since the post you mentioned, the other factors I mentioned, and that we usually try to address those sort of things privately before you tell me I don't care about your team, our playerbase, or how the AOSC has/is/will function. I care very much, as do all the Reps, and we are doing exactly what you and everyone else has asked.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I didn't even attend this game, and after reading all 100+ posts in this thread I feel like this:

There's no kill switch on awesome!

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:35 pm

I walked the field today, a little more trash than usual. The field isn't a trash can guys, please keep the trash with you until you can get to a trash can. Same goes for cigarette and cigar butts, put them out, then in a pocket, don't leave them on the field.

Also, I found a pistol mag. PM me with details about the mag if you lost one.

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Dominum wrote:
Jeremy314 wrote:Also I'm glad that loosing a team means so little to the AOSC reps, they they push it aside and haven't made any public attempts to try and resolve the situation and get them back. Every day the AOSC is becoming more like the foregone SCAA, and that's something I never thought would happen, honestly. But hey, as I said I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are entitled to yours.
Jeremy, the post about SOCOM/IV not planning to attend any more AOSC games was made Sunday afternoon or night I beleive, and was buried in a massive ongoing heated discussion. I logged on to check the forums around 11PM Sunday night, shortly before going to bed (well, that was my intention). I read the thread and started in on the discussion, which was very active and had many things needing to be addressed right then. I finally turned off my computer at 2 AM because I knew I had to sleep. The next morning, I left for work at 7AM, and didn't get home until after 7PM. During that time, you posted the quote above, saying that the fact that the AOSC Reps had not released an official public attempt to get your team back means that we don't care? That is an extremely unreasonable assertion to make, and is simply an unfair accusation to level at us. I was up late doing my best to address these issues in fact, then during my extremely busy and stressful workday (I had a pretty crap day frankly), I took time out from my job that actually pays me money to call Hoss and specifically ask him to contact your team concerning this. I did it because I do care, and I beleive Hoss has contacted you all concerning what you mentioned. Between the time this was brought up and the time you stated that none of the Reps cared because they hadn't publicly stated anything about your team leaving was not much more than a dozen hours, during which time we had a lot going on. Do we care? Yes, which is why we have spent so much time trying to get suggestions and feedback that will help. Can we always react instantaneously to any and all issues within hours of them being posted? Unfortunately no. I know you were frustrated (totally understandeable), but I ask that you take into account the amount of time since the post you mentioned, the other factors I mentioned, and that we usually try to address those sort of things privately before you tell me I don't care about your team, our playerbase, or how the AOSC has/is/will function. I care very much, as do all the Reps, and we are doing exactly what you and everyone else has asked.
You are right, Dom, "public attempt" shouldn't have been what I said. I was frustrated with what was said and IMO how it was(n't) handled. I didn't see this post until after I PMed you the novella. You guys can't always respond instantly, and I apologize for getting it get under my skin, but it was more so the fact it as a Rep that said it more than anything.

Yes there is some reconciliation going on, it is behind the scenes because it is a better place to do so, as Cleric said, and it will stay there and hopefully resolve itself happily.
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Only way this will be resolved peacefully is Dom and Cleric must dance shirtless in my front yard to the Village people covered in butter and drinking Pepsi.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Rev wrote:Only way this will be resolved peacefully is Dom and Cleric must dance shirtless in my front yard to the Village people covered in butter and drinking Pepsi.
I approve.