I do in fact have a life.

Re: op24 V aar

Post by idiot88 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:27 am

Good call Greg! This man certainly knows his arachnids.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 am

Mr. Marauder wrote:Good call Greg! This man certainly knows his arachnids.
I don't know anything. I just have the ability to Google things!

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:07 pm

I was trying to hold out as long as possible because there are chips somewhere that are un accounted for.
Here is the final score on how the game worked out.

Neither team won the final objective of holding the main tower at 10am Sunday. to many airstrikes right at the last min

OWG Completed all objectives except for 2.. the tank refuel, and the blueprints to 100%
Mojo turned in 19 chips, five more were found later, and the six from the barrels located.. with a total of 30

Militia completed all objectives except 1.. gaining intel from the mole
Cleric turned in 17 chips, eight more were found later, and the six from the barrels located .. with a total of 31

Being admin the entire 24 hours the numbers seemed wrong when first tallied. OWG dominated the capturable positions most of the game which were worth chips, but did use a good many on airstrikes and helo drop.

Chips not accounted for
9 of the black HVT chips which I guess guys who did not loose them took home
and 7 multi colored chips

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:24 pm

wow i think that is the first time i have seen an op in the aosc be that close. well done to players and command on both sides. i know that me personally enjoyed this game more than any other in the aosc in a long time. by far the best op24 imho. again thanks to garrett for putting on such an awesome op.
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:54 pm

BAH! WE LOST BY ONE POINT! If Only I had shot more bbs!

Davis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Davis » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm not sure airstrikes were abused by any means. I recall no more than three airstrikes going through for OWG. There were more attempts, but each were canceled after the tank would crank up to move immediately after its coordinates were called.

I find it hard to believe that OWG would have lost after holding the majority of capture points with each check, capturing every barrel (tied) and a separate objective (that the militia didn't have). It also is extremely frustrating when rules are created, bended, and changed during the game to the benefit of Dom and others in "positions of power."

Just a few annoyances:
In the "Peace Talks" mission, I was the unarmed man sent to the militia HQ. I was not restrained by any means. The militia soldier assigned to watch me completely walked off. There was no one around me, so I walked away and made my way back to my HQ. As I was coming around the last turn into my base, the militia came on our radio and told me I "can't do that" and I have to go back. I had to walk all the way back and sit there for another hour while they made no attempts at all to save their hostage from OWG. The entire point was for the hostage to be freed by 7am. They slipped up bad and I easily got away, but they couldn't accept their mistake so they changed the rule to our disadvantage. To justify their decision, Infidel told me that they never use the restraint rules in these longer, skirmish type 24 hour games. (This was in response to me telling them that I escaped because they didn't use zip ties or have someone guarding me.) He said "no one wants to be out of play for 15 minutes," as they make me return to being a hostage for an hour and a half after a fair escape. Later on, in the last tower mission, Infidel decided that it was suddenly acceptable to zip tie and restrain all of our squad since it benefits him.

While I was "hostage" in their base, Dom bragged about how he was safety killed from behind a few feet away. He turned around and shot the player with his pistol because "he doesn't have to accept a safety kill." At night, after an apparently strict "semi automatic only" rule, dom comes into our HQ with his automatic 3 round burst. "This gun won't do semi automatic."

There is also strong evidence of the militia "spying" on our channels. This extended beyond the "admin channel" listening. AOSC can't expect to keep any players that want a fair, fun, and somewhat serious/role playing experience. There were several other core issues this weekend, and it's made me realize a trend. Every AOSC game I've been to has had the same abuse from Dom and others. This will probably be my last AOSC game.

As for points, a different system much be in place. I feel admins should simply keep track of how many chips they've given each team throughout the game. Compare that to the final number of chips turned in. If they somehow end up with more chips than they earned, you know something is wrong.

Edit: I would like to add an apology for my reaction at the last tower mission. Several factors stacked up (frustration of rule abuse, lack of sleep, etc) and I was set off by the natural reaction to being repeatedly shot in the face by 4 people in the tank from 20 feet away, even after dropping my weapon and waving both hands in the air (an act that happened far more than once)

Hadden
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Hadden » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

While I do agree with my teammate, I understand that hiccups do occur. I can forgive nearly everything save for the "safety kill" incident which just cost AOSC a really good, fair and honest player in my best friend Jeremy Catoe who has sworn that he will never attend one again. While I am not swearing off any future events by any means I would like to stress that I feel a bit shorthanded. Also I get a nasty feeling in my gut when someone close to me has basically stated he won't participate in something I enjoy with us any longer.

I am sorry if we were too intense for some folks. I know we can get a bit serious on the field but if you knew any of us I am sure it would color your opinion differently.

I will admit I have only been playing Airsoft for just over a year but between running an online guild for a decade, running countless pen and paper RPG's. being a father, and a veteran I can safely say I know how to run stuff when it's put in my lap. Some people need to decide whether they will admin or play. Once you pick one there isn't any going back. You cannot have your cake and eat it as well. That's my piece.

All that stuff aside...
I so killed the entire Militia with one radio transmission. :)

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:35 am

I had a pretty swell time at the game. I stayed until about 11:30 Saturday night before bugging out. I never sleep good the night before events, so by that time I was dead. I'm not going to go on about the rules of the game, or how things were scored, etc., because I honestly didn't pay enough attention to know more about it than shoot the other guys. I just followed whatever groups looked like they were headed into action and played along. I also had a few "friendly" firefights break out. I swear every time I play at Airfarm, I always have an epic 15 minute exchange of friendly fire, not that I ever shoot first either. I wait for a positive ID, or to be fired upon, instead of being that guy with an itchy trigger finger killing off his team. Needless to say I put a dent in "my team's" numbers haha.
Highlights of the day: Throwing a dud thunder B, that almost blew up in my hand when I picked it up later. Kicking over a big tree. Chasing down some militia player across the field that ran when he saw I was coming, that one was funny. Stalking towards Militia HQ with the full moon out.
I will say that communication between reps could have been better. It seems that one or two reps had varying ideas of what the rules were that Garret had in place.
Special thanks to the Georgia players and others who brought the tank up to play. You guys really made the day multiple times more enjoyable for everyone who came.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 am

Star_folder wrote:BAH! WE LOST BY ONE POINT! If Only I had shot more bbs!
Insufficient bbs?
Hawaii 5-0
Echo1 Scar-L
Cyma M14
TM MP7 AEP
TM AK74/105

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:30 am

About time I wrote something up for this game.

All in all, it was a very good game and well worth the haul from Georgia. There were some small hiccups, but these are to be expected from any game honestly and didn’t ruin the experience for us at all. The teams were rather balanced as far as effectiveness goes and things played out pretty well.
First and foremost, we got our tank killed a bit this game, which is always more enjoyable than playing God the whole time. I applaud the AT guys on OWG for keeping us from being able to do whatever we want. We had lots of guys hiding on the sides of trails knocking us out throughout, and always made us stay on our toes, to the dismay of our knees for staying on the gun ports all the time. I also feel very sorry for the AT guy who managed to fire the rocket under the tank, missing it barely. We’d all thought we’d been hit until his friend got up and started running away after a few moments of silence.

I personally enjoyed being able to do some serious bunker busting throughout the day and next morning. We normally don’t have the chance to as much as we did at this Op just because of the lack of centralization in bases. Unfortunately, we only retrieved 2 or 3 rounds that we shot, but they’re fairly cheap anyway. What was really a downer was not seeing the technical as much as we’d expected to, as it’s always fun to have a moving target to shoot at.

There was some amount of misunderstanding of how IED’s were supposed to work, but this was mostly sorted out by the middle of the first day and people were instead using AT rockets anyway. At one point we had a smoke grenade thrown at us from the woods with a stick taped to it. The stick being the “high explosive” part. I will give a lot of credit for thinking out of the box though! Hood has a really nice yellow stain from one of the smoke grenades, but I really like it as it looks like a deflected tank shell, which is pretty awesome.
We didn’t really make too much of an appearance in the night game since we wanted to bring The Black Mamba out as early as possible, but two of our guys went out for it and according to them, it went pretty well! We hate that the TIC’s we brought didn’t get evenly distributed, but it didn’t seem to be a big game changer, so it wasn’t all that bad.

The last battle at the buck tower was an absolute balls-to-the-wall assault, and we got quite the kick out of that one. We learned that the field is not as flat as it looks, and despite our 1st gear being incapable of more than 15mph while redlining, the rear of the tank managed to flatten the end of the exhaust from the frame bouncing around so much. According to our rear gunner, we narrowly missed a rocket shot by driving down one of the irrigation terraces all Hollywood style. It’d been nice if we could keep still for a bit, but we knew that we were going to be blow by airstrikes if we did.

Speaking of the airstrikes, you guys on OWG demonstrated some very good timing by knocking the tank out on the move with an airstrike. While I don’t think they should’ve been instant, you guys still pulled off a pretty great feat with it, and prevented us from taking back the buck tower. So excellent job there.

As for the guy who got badly lit up, we really do apologize, but you have to understand things from our perspective as well. There was no intention to overshoot anyone at all, it’s just that our ability to have any situational awareness is very difficult. You’re concentrating on balancing which alone is a difficult task, all while trying to aim a gun out of a port with only a small, 6” Lexan window to aim with. That coupled with the fact we can’t hear anything from outside the tank means it’s really difficult to tell who is out and who isn’t. Plus with the sheer amount of targets around, there’s a lot of crossfire going on. We’ve made sure that most all of our guns are 0 MED, with most only clocking at only 250fps for that exact reason. Infact, there are only two guns on the tank that aren’t 0 MED reserved for longer distance stuff. I understand that it’s really annoying to be lit up like that and we’re sorry that it happened. We do everything in our power to keep it from being too bad.

Pro’s
-Tank friendly field.
-Lots of bunker blows.
-EXCELLENT hit calling from what we say.
-Great coms. Always had a very clear objective.
-Good infantry support. Normally infantry never works in conjunction with the tank, but this was great in this Op.
-Great CO and XO. Props to Infidel and Cleric for doing a great job leading the Militia. So far it’s been the only time the tank was fully taken advantage of by command.
-Other team had pretty good AT. Made it much more interesting.
-For the first time in Black Poison history, both M14’s made it through the game still firing and with intact stocks!
-Finally bringing plenty of BB’s.

Con’s
-IED’s and lack of a clear, concise way of using them communicated to everyone.
-Instant airstrikes.
-Nearly friendly fired Achilles as he charged towards the tank with the gas barrel in hand.

*Edit*
We have a Black Ops 1911 we found in one of the fields. If we can get in touch with however it belongs to, we'll sent it over to you.

Achilles1
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Achilles1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 am

YOU GUYS FOUND MY 1911?!?! I love you guys!
AAR:
Te beginning I the was terrible for me, not because of the game, but my gun got a broken bb stuck in the hop up after my 4th round. I will say hit calling was amazing, only 1 person didn't call it (and it was my first shot) :), there was much complaining from various people, to address Davis, I have played with Dominum fr a while an never had a problem, if he was within 10 feet and managed to catch him my surprise, Dom would have called it and probably said good job, also before te game started, it was stated that his gun only shoots in 2-3 round bursts or full auto. Multiple air strikes were called in by the OWG, including the one at the very end killing all of the remaining forces at the buck tower. Sunday morning we could definetly capture people, even though after infidel and I did capture the base, we took 0 hostages because it was too close to the end of the game, and that might ruin the fun for the hostage. Back to AAR, other than only having 6 radios on our team, communication was fairly well, between platoon leaders, as well as the black mamba and our CO and XO. Although our second platoon leader was MIA after 2 hours. I don't remember much else except for big moments, so I will skip around. Getting the gas tank to black mamba was fun, seeing as how they were t te edge of the parking lot, infidel's friend had a great idea and told me about a path that he had cleared, as we got closer to the tank, I wasn't sure about enemies so I took the gas tank and ran towards the tank, bad idea. Bbs started whizzing past me, I raised the barrel in front of my face in time to deflect a few, while yelling "FRIENDLY!, FRIENDLY!" They did apologize while laughing, I was also laughing seeing as It was humorous. Later in the day we were getting bored, so Benson from black poison and myself devised a plan to assault the OWG HQ. I radioed infidel and it was a go. After our well planned assault failed badly I was captured, no one captured our XO, I guess I'm more important :) suck it infidel. I managed to get everyone around me to tell me their MEDs (not sure why they trusted ME) but I whipped out a spring flock that I had hidden an killed 6 people before my surrender. (I lot this spring flock, it holds 8 rounds, If anyone finds it, I'm here!) during the night game, trying to assault the buck tower, I realized the OWG has TICs because one person was trying to have people shine a light towards me, while I was wearing all black laying down in very tall grass, I found out they had 4, so I radioed infidel and we got the other 2 from black poison. We were severely outnumbered in te night game, but while 6 of us talked about battle plans while eating amazing cookies (thanks infidel), we were informed of the OWG counter call, which was later changed... A lot. The morning was a great effort by both teams going back and forth for the buck tower. We finally got overrun by many many enemies. Black mamba then can e around as provide a great distraction (who knew a loud tank would be a good distraction?) for infidel and I to move toward and finish off te reaming enemies and capture the buck tower. There was yelling, but he was told to calm down, and he yelled more and stormed off. The OWG got it back, and also called in and air strike on black mamba (very nice call) with three minutes left, I am still insure how you can call an air strike in a moving vehicle though. Cleric then called in an air strike 2, minutes before game ending, and when OWG started killing our few remaing players, they did not pay much attention, I had a pistol in my hand and fit a few people, clerics older son had a shotgun and did the same, OWG, then called in an air strike right before the game was called killing everyone and giving no one the point. Also three airstrikes were called in our HQ all at once, while our entire team was 125 feet away at our camping area. I had a blast and it was a great game to go out on, I'm going to miss you guys and I hope to see you again in the future, except Dom, he shoots me in the head too much
THE GREATEST WARRIOR WHO EVER LIVED!!!!
Getting friendly fired since 2011
CO of team Dumbass

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Chippy wrote:
Star_folder wrote:BAH! WE LOST BY ONE POINT! If Only I had shot more bbs!
Insufficient bbs?
I... you.... well done sir... well done.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Davis wrote:I find it hard to believe that OWG would have lost after holding the majority of capture points with each check, capturing every barrel (tied) and a separate objective (that the militia didn't have). It also is extremely frustrating when rules are created, bended, and changed during the game to the benefit of Dom and others in "positions of power."

The only reason OWG lost because too many coins were spent, several on useless airstrikes you were apparently not privy to (I know of three, for example, on our HQ when no one was even inside it). OWG definitely earned more coins than we did.

Just a few annoyances:
In the "Peace Talks" mission, I was the unarmed man sent to the militia HQ. I was not restrained by any means. The militia soldier assigned to watch me completely walked off. There was no one around me, so I walked away and made my way back to my HQ. As I was coming around the last turn into my base, the militia came on our radio and told me I "can't do that" and I have to go back. I had to walk all the way back and sit there for another hour while they made no attempts at all to save their hostage from OWG. The entire point was for the hostage to be freed by 7am. They slipped up bad and I easily got away, but they couldn't accept their mistake so they changed the rule to our disadvantage. To justify their decision, Infidel told me that they never use the restraint rules in these longer, skirmish type 24 hour games. (This was in response to me telling them that I escaped because they didn't use zip ties or have someone guarding me.) He said "no one wants to be out of play for 15 minutes," as they make me return to being a hostage for an hour and a half after a fair escape. Later on, in the last tower mission, Infidel decided that it was suddenly acceptable to zip tie and restrain all of our squad since it benefits him.

While I can certainly understand your frustration at being told to go back when you had been able to walk right out (I would have felt a little shafted), you knew better before you did it. No rule was ever changed, and you were told to go back before I had any idea you were gone or would have been able to change a rule, or anything of the sort. When you arrived at our base initially, you may recall that I was there with Cleric, Infidel, Achilles, and some others. In your presence, I stated that we needed to call Garrett and ask him exactly what your limitations were because I wanted to know if you could try to escape, whether or not we had to zip tie you, etc. In front of you and everyone else I got Garrett on the radio and asked what the rules concerning you were, and then I clarified them. Everyone there, you included, was told that we did not have to zip tie you, you could not try to escape, and that you were essentially meant to act as a "dummy". Satisfied, I left to guard the HQ knowing that you couldn't make any attempts to free yourself. You can't claim ignorance because I reiterated it to you. Now, I have to give you props for slipping away like that (frankly I thought it was hilarious that the guy walked away to pee and you just walked off), but you can't honestly be upset when you knew you were not allowed to try to escape. You especially should not be accusing me (or anyone else, for that matter) of adding/changing/bending a rule when you were told this right when the mission started. Infidel should weigh in on what he told you, I didn't hear it, but I do know that Garrett told us we DID NOT have to zip tie you. Infidel zip tied normal prisoners later in the game because those were the rules... I don't see why that is confusing.

To be honest with you, when you walked back and told me what had happened, I honestly thought you had done it as a joke because I knew you were there when I clarified the rule. I thought you thought it was funny, and so did I.

While I was "hostage" in their base, Dom bragged about how he was safety killed from behind a few feet away. He turned around and shot the player with his pistol because "he doesn't have to accept a safety kill." At night, after an apparently strict "semi automatic only" rule, dom comes into our HQ with his automatic 3 round burst. "This gun won't do semi automatic."

Expressing that you didn't like having to do something is awfully hard to equate to bragging. I did tell several people about a safety kill I did not accept (which I was well within my rights not to do), but I wasn't bragging about it, in fact I was telling them how I had told the guy I was sorry for not accepting it because he had done a good job. I'll repeat the details since the subject is in question: I had been approaching base 11 (this was at night) from the SE with a 0' MED pistol (well, two of them, but one was holstered). I was about 20' into the grass, outside of the treeline and approaching quietly. I heard someone say "safety kill" and then I saw him laying on the ground just in the treeline (~20'-25' away) to my 10 O'clock (he was most definitely NOT behind me, and absolutely NOT "a few feet away", and I said no such thing to anyone... because it wasn't true), so I shot him twice with my pistol, then the slide locked back because my pistols are retarded. Honestly I don't think his gun was even up and pointed at me, I can't say that for certain since it was pretty dark and he may have lowered it quickly, so I could be wrong about that. I hopped over to him and asked if either of the two rounds had hit him, because he didn't call hit. He said it had, and I complimented him on his spot and told him he had done a nice job. He seemed pretty amicable and didn't act the least bit upset. If he was, I wish he would have said something then so that we could have resolved the issue. Anyway, this is the safety kill rule: Rule #3: A "safety kill" MUST BE CALLED when players engage each other under their minimum engagement distances. A safety kill is when you point your weapon at another player and announce "safety kill" or "surrender". Safety kills must be accepted at or under ten feet. A safety kill may only be called if you have "the drop" on someone, meaning you have them in your sights and they do not have you in theirs. You may never fire under your MED even if you call a safety kill that is not accepted. You may not call a safety kill at more than thirty feet, and you may not call one without an airsoft gun aimed at the target. Use common sense concerning this rule, if you happen upon another player at close range and you both have your weapons up, call "parley" and consider both of yourselves hit. I followed the same rule everyone else has to follow... in the exact same way. I did nothing wrong in that situation.

I guess you didn't hear me at the safety briefing, but I very loudly asked if anyone had a problem with me using my TM Thompson (280FPS) because I have not had a chance to fix its semi auto issue, it often fires 2-3 rnds in semi (though not always). All the OWG players at the briefing replied that they didn't care, and Garrett said in that case it was fine. This was all done very publicly and long before the game even started. Now, all that being said, since it obviously still caused an issue I will never do that again, even with the consent of the Admin and the enemy faction because it obviously still causes problems. It's not worth players getting upset on account of me. So, I do sincerely apologize for that. Had anyone said they were not OK with it I wouldn't have done it, but you didn't hear me ask so you had no recourse and for that I do apologize, and I assure you it will not happen again. Now that you know this, maybe you could allow me the benefit of the doubt instead of just assuming I'm a cheating scumbag, and trying to convince others of that?

There is also strong evidence of the militia "spying" on our channels. This extended beyond the "admin channel" listening. AOSC can't expect to keep any players that want a fair, fun, and somewhat serious/role playing experience. There were several other core issues this weekend, and it's made me realize a trend. Every AOSC game I've been to has had the same abuse from Dom and others. This will probably be my last AOSC game.

There was equally strong evidence of the opposite as far as comms are concerned, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. The evidence I am referring to is that at least twice I heard OWG on our comms for a short time (but it was probably an honest mistake due to dials being turned on accident) and several times someone incessantly used the "call" function on the command channell in a way that seemed like sabotage.

I've only seen you at a few games, and at some of them I have had to tell you to stop screaming the F-word at people, among other related problems. At some games you have attended I have either had people complain to me about you, or have spoken to you in game when I witnessed you behaving this way. You clearly don't like me, and that is OK (and frankly, understandable). People's perceptions of circumstances are often colored by their attitude towards people, and I think that since you and I have usually had to speak on less than amicable terms you have come to have a distaste for me. It seems this has bled over into your perception of my actions, and those of others. Now that I have explained how the rule bending/breaking/changing issues you perceived were not so, can we discuss my (apparently) myriad other abuses of power? I'd like to have a chance to speak my peace so that you (and others) won't have misconceptions about me, or will at least hear my side before you continue to dislike me.

As for points, a different system much be in place. I feel admins should simply keep track of how many chips they've given each team throughout the game. Compare that to the final number of chips turned in. If they somehow end up with more chips than they earned, you know something is wrong.

I think you're absolutely right about this.

Edit: I would like to add an apology for my reaction at the last tower mission. Several factors stacked up (frustration of rule abuse, lack of sleep, etc) and I was set off by the natural reaction to being repeatedly shot in the face by 4 people in the tank from 20 feet away, even after dropping my weapon and waving both hands in the air (an act that happened far more than once)

I appreciate that. When I shot you from the tank (I was that last person shooting at you) most of what I could see was your face because you were behind someone else, you did not have a deadrag on and though your hands were not on a gun, they were on the back of the dead player in front of you, so to me it looked like you were healing him. Bear in mind I shot you with no more than a few rounds from a tiny porthole with a very low FPS AEG in a moving vehicle 30-40 feet away in which I was literally unable to aim down my sights and had a hard time hitting anyone. It was literally impossible for me to effectively aim for anything other than a general area. I promise you that, had I known your were already hit, I would not have been shooting at you, AND that if I had had a target other than your face and an ability to aim at it, I would have done so. I do not play this game in order to inflict physical pain on anyone. I do understand that tensions were very high (it was the last objective of the game), and that the whole event had been stressful for you, especially from your point of view. I highly reccomend that in the future, if you do not want to be shot in the face, you should wear full face protection. Unfortunately airsoft guns aren't the most accurate things in the world, very few of us are professionals, and very often the face is the most exposed target.

Hadden wrote:While I do agree with my teammate, I understand that hiccups do occur. I can forgive nearly everything save for the "safety kill" incident which just cost AOSC a really good, fair and honest player in my best friend Jeremy Catoe who has sworn that he will never attend one again. While I am not swearing off any future events by any means I would like to stress that I feel a bit shorthanded. Also I get a nasty feeling in my gut when someone close to me has basically stated he won't participate in something I enjoy with us any longer.

I am very sorry to hear this, is he the guy that called the safety kill on me? Would he mind if you gave me his number so that I can talk to him about it? The absolute last thing I ever want to happen is to turn someone off to the sport or our games. Hopefully he will give me a chance to explain my PoV and we can work this out. I sincerely apologize to you and your team that I did something that left a bad taste in someones mouth, regardless of how it came to pass.

I am sorry if we were too intense for some folks. I know we can get a bit serious on the field but if you knew any of us I am sure it would color your opinion differently.

We are talking about the Greenwood guys here, right? I know a few of you and have played with many of you, and while every team in existence has some people that may get a little more intense a little too often than they should, I really enjoy it when you guys come to games and I sincerely regret that there is contention between us. I've had the pleasure of speaking with your 'spokesman' (I'm making that assumption) several times and he is great to talk to and play with/against. I still intend to take him up on his invitation to come to some of your local games. The only reason I haven't is because I only get two Saturdays off a month without pulling a lot of strings. If I have ever come off as anything other than an honorable and kind player to you or anyone else on your team for any reason, I sincerely apologize and I would like to do what I can to mend fences. If you (and the other members of your team) would, could you give me a call sometime? My cell is 803-609-7681. Even if you have decided that you don't like me, I'd really appreciate a chance to make an attempt to change your mind.

I will admit I have only been playing Airsoft for just over a year but between running an online guild for a decade, running countless pen and paper RPG's. being a father, and a veteran I can safely say I know how to run stuff when it's put in my lap. Some people need to decide whether they will admin or play. Once you pick one there isn't any going back. You cannot have your cake and eat it as well. That's my piece.

All that stuff aside...
I so killed the entire Militia with one radio transmission. :)
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

mives
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mives » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 am

Davis wrote:I'm not sure airstrikes were abused by any means. I recall no more than three airstrikes going through for OWG. There were more attempts, but each were canceled after the tank would crank up to move immediately after its coordinates were called.

Let me clarify. I was jokingly referring to the 2 or 3 airstrikes that hit base 2 (Buck tower) within the last couple minutes of the game Sunday, rendering all attempts to capture by either team kinda pointless.

AOSC is fairly simplistic. I can't recall ever playing a game where we used zip-ties, at all. I admit that I had not read over the "any player can be captured rule" not sure if it was added to the event page later... I believe that player capture was not gone over in the briefing, only command staff captures. So I admit I was wrong about the capture rules, but as per Dom, apparently that was cleared up in this particular incident.

I had ZERO zip-ties on my person the entire weekend.
There was no way that I could have taken an entire squad captive with zip ties. I also know that I myself never captured anyone that I can recall. I'd rather be able to shoot at them, not stand around with them.

Check your sources

That might have actually been me. The player in question came in through a door, I had my back to him at the second door. There was another friendly player right next to his door, facing him as he came in. He called a safety kill, I turned and didn't accept it, shooting him once with my pistol. I believe Dom also shot him through a window from my side of the building. If he didn't, he had a clear shot on the player regardless. The other friendly player was also facing the Player which would have most likely ended up in the Player getting hit. He was more than 10 feet from me, as he was in one doorway and I the other, the building is definitely more than 10 feet long.

tl/dr: The enemy player did an outstanding job sneaking up on our position and killing me, although there was some question on safety of our quick engagement, he was outgunned and it is a moot point.

I don't brag about something like that. I try to resolve the issue IN THE FIELD.

again, check your sources.

Honestly that's ridiculous. We play airsoft, it's honor based in the first place.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton