Decisive Force

Discuss previous games here.
Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Decisive Force

Post by Romba » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 am

First off, thanks to Dom for a really fun game. This was my first time at RR and I really enjoyed it. Smaller than I thought, but a fun field with lots of varying terrain.
ALSO, huge thanks to red tactical for the awesome raffle items. My only complaint is that I didn't win. ;)

First objective of there day, at the barn. We got there after alpha because no one wanted to run. After a few firefights and getting pissed off with my radio not working, I went back to HQ to troubleshoot. Finally got it working, linked up with some bravo coming to respawn, and went to take the pit to display the heads. After a half-hearted victory dance, and a brief scare with one person shooting at us, we moved to the barn to find the case that alpha was moving about. We took the barn and held alpha off until lunch.

After lunch, the weather got crappier but the game got more fun.

Both factions lost a bunch of pansies people after lunch. But that's alright, we had fun anyway. Long story short, bravo stormed about, took the objectives we needed, and were unopposed other than the stretcher objective, as we couldn't find it.

The fun started when it got dark. I've never played in the dark before, so it was especially fun. Having taken the hard evidence (good pun there Dom,) and the fuel canister, we had to "burn down" the village in the pit. It was dark, and we could hardly see, but we casually walked up to the edge of the pit as some alpha players watched us, unaware that we were enemies. I had a fun moment staring at an alpha player as we both realized we were enemies. I pulled my pistol and made a super lucky shot from about 15 feet away as it ran out of gas. Patrick and I went around the outside of the pit to attack from the other side. Again, unopposed by the nearby alpha payers, I strolled up to two of them posted up at the edge of the pit and safety killed them. I then listened on the radio as my teammates prepared to storm the pit, and then was shot by my teammates in the pit, healed, shot by them again, healed, and shot by teammates once more. Oh well, it was dark.

We then had to get to the barn which alpha had. It was pouring rain and alpha was well prepared. We didn't succeed, but I killed two people with my thunder b and the "OH CRAP GRENADE" reactions made my day.

Thanks to uboat and hotspur, enjoyed playing with you guys.
United Front, you guys were super cool to play with, thanks for coming all the way from Georgia.
Met some cool people, put some names with faces, bought a gun, and had a great time.

Thanks to Jester for letting a few of us check out the night vision. That was insane.
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 am

Romba, my guys all liked you a lot. You were really cool, and a good player.

That stretcher was with me on the other side of the map haha we got it once Dom said we could, I picked it up and hauled butt.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:41 am

Haha thanks. We were told H5 or something but when 90% of the grids on the map are trees, it's hard to tell which trees are H5. We tried but encountered resistance and figured it wasn't worth it.

Dalek11
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dalek11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Felt really bad for spawn camping the alpha spawn. :,( Clever guys started shooting at us when we withdrew. Again, job well done Dom for the game in such short notice.
Dalek: "You are superior in one aspect."
Cyberman: "In what aspect is that?"
Dalek: "You are superior at DYING!"

R.A.S Memeber

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm

all in all a good game. low turnout due to sucky weather but you cant control that. good job to dom for putting together good objectives and making the game fun. a big thanks to red tactical for coming down and doing a raffle. i wasnt really prepared for the rain and had to leave after the raffle to get into some dry cloths. high light of the day for me was shooting korey when he was assaulting the barn. it was nice to see some players come up from the augusta/evans airsoft group....hope you guys enjoyed your first aosc game and will be out to more. always a pleasure to see united front and play with or against them. until next time
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 am

I came with the Pansy. I had been under the weather for the previous two days so I wasn't sure if I would make it at all on Saturday. Fortunately, I was feeling better early on Saturday morning, so I checked the rain chances and at that time, it appeared that the rain would move through by early morning, so I decided I would go and see how things went.
I was assigned/volunteered as one of the Bravo medics. Starting from our HQ (the house), UBoat4 split us into 2 groups, a larger force to go after the main objectives and a smaller force (QRF) to react and create havoc on Alpha. From my time on the field (up til lunch), it appeared his 2 prong attack worked real well. I ran with the larger force and therefore, can't give a first hand account of the QRF squad.
***See the Pansy's AAR***
Adding to his AAR
1. I guess I took the other 10% of the shots after the "dance", as it was the only time I "died" all morning
2. Alpha keep me busy, as I certainly got a workout healing Bravo team members.
3. And when the rain returned around lunch time, I figured I had better call it a day.

Pros
1. The weather - You could STOMP around and not be heard,
2. UBoat4 - CO!

Cons:
1. The weather - kept people from coming, and it got colder, and colder, and colder....
2. UBoat4 - issuing orders and such, always on the radio, left him little time to "really" participate in the morning hours.

My thanks...
1. to Dom for giving the "Palmetto Overture" players a discount
2. to Red Tactical for making the drive down and for the raffle items
3. to Mojo, for donating a smoke grenade to the raffle, and a T-shirt to one of the birthday boys. He had just won both in the raffle from Red Tactical
4. especially, to all those who drove hours to come play/watch knowing the forecast was not favorable
* Airsofter *

uboat4
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by uboat4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks for the props baldeagle. Haha but dont worry i switched to alpha after lunch and gave them a good run for their money for most of the remaining game. You were an awesome medic and all my bravo guys were awesome players.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Not a whole lot to say. I had a great time. Worth the trip even though we called it early. MARPAT, I definitely shot you a couple times after you fell. Most of my 75 round mag was spent by then but the last few definitely went toward your anal regions (not your hand. That seemed excessive). My bad dude. I got swept up in the fury of The Gauntlet.
Team United Front CO
Vet:
OP24-Two________________OP Blackout
OP Phantom Hawk_________OP Anaconda
TDC (Ga/SC#1)___________OP Just Cause
OP Irene IX TFR 3-1___OP Ranch Hand-Vietcong CO
_____________________OP SoCo (Ga/SC#2)
Carpe noctem
Proprium nocte
unitedfrontairsoft.com

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 pm

UF_Jester wrote:Not a whole lot to say. I had a great time. Worth the trip even though we called it early. MARPAT, I definitely shot you a couple times after you fell. Most of my 75 round mag was spent by then but the last few definitely went toward your anal regions (not your hand. That seemed excessive). My bad dude. I got swept up in the fury of The Gauntlet.
My back and ass wasn't hurting me haha, I was just pissed about my hand being shot so much. It hurts as of now, but no worries. Its fine now and I'm over it, everyone is fine :)
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:04 pm

uboat4 wrote:Doubt ill co again for a while though, some things left a bad taste in my mouth.
This is the biggest disappointment of Operation Decisive Force. You were among the best commanders I've had in an airsoft game (with Colonel Danny McKnight being one of those commanders). You can run with United Front any time.

Also, Romba, it was nice meeting you. We will probably bring radios next time to avoid some of those communication errors.

Team Nikao, y'all were awesome. I can't say enough good things about you guys. You did great.

To anyone who gets this reference, my headbutt stock will definitely catch on in the tactical world.

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm

UF_Jester wrote:
uboat4 wrote:Doubt ill co again for a while though, some things left a bad taste in my mouth.
This is the biggest disappointment of Operation Decisive Force.
Rather curious for you both to elaborate...

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Romba wrote:
UF_Jester wrote:
Not much to elaborate on. I'm bummed he doesn't want to CO anymore. He did good. Actually that's really the only thing I'm bummed about from the game. I was hoping to play under him again.
Team United Front CO
Vet:
OP24-Two________________OP Blackout
OP Phantom Hawk_________OP Anaconda
TDC (Ga/SC#1)___________OP Just Cause
OP Irene IX TFR 3-1___OP Ranch Hand-Vietcong CO
_____________________OP SoCo (Ga/SC#2)
Carpe noctem
Proprium nocte
unitedfrontairsoft.com

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Ah, I thought you were referring to something that left a bad taste in your mouth as well.

uboat4
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by uboat4 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:34 am

Romba wrote:
UF_Jester wrote:
Idk, i enjoyed being CO and i like to think i did a good job. But since this is airsoft and not the actual military, there are politics... and i hate politics. I don't like backtalk and attitudes, i have too bad a temper for that kinda thing when we are just trying to have fun. I cant just tell someone to shove it and go do what i say. If i don't have soldiers who listen, they're worth little to me as a CO.
I'll CO again. I will just need to get past them. Thanks for the invitation to play with you guys, i'll definitely look for you guys at my future games.

NORM
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by NORM » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Post Op: AAR

First off, this game blew me away. This is the first game in a long time that I have attended that reminded me of the old SCAA days that hooked me to the hobby. So thanks to every person for that!

Thanks to Dom and all the individuals who worked to make this Op a great time, and thanks for working to give discounts for the mishap of the other op that was cancelled.

The game:
I had a great time getting out there with two others of Team Nikao. I was sad that we were unable to come out as a full team, as two of our other guys stayed home for other circumstances. Myself (Norm), Rasputin, and Lukaus were assigned as QRF on Bravo along with our XO and Patrick. (Sorry I don't remember your forum names, guys). From my understanding, we were sent is as a secondary reaction team and were constantly tasked with flanking and pressuring Alpha wherever the main squad needed relief. -- This meant we were running around the field flanking and fighting, often undermanned, until players started to leave.
As a personal note, the members of Nikao had a great time working on our team dynamics, while interacting with other bravo players.

The communication for this game was by far THE BEST I have ever experienced in my airsoft lifetime.

My hat is off to Dom for running a smooth game and making all rules clear and concise. As a veteran player it is tough to sit through the rules every time, but I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Everyone, including myself need the reminder for some of the rules. Thanks.

Our CO, (Uboat?) thank you for volunteering and stepping up. I have a lot of games under my belt and you killed it! You were on the comms alot, which was good-also sometimes too much, but for it being your first time, don't even sweat that. I was blown away by your leadership and even in times when you were unsure, it was awesome to work with you and XO. Bottom line, you guys were awesome. I hope you both learned from the experience and will take that on again. I hope that myself or any of the others on Nikao represented ourselves well and that we were not the source for your concerns about CO/XO again.

Game type: The kill cards are great. It brings a dynamic element of individual challenge to the overall team goal of winning. I know alot of the newer players might struggle understanding this, but I appreciated it. I only had to give a kill card away one time, which was well earned by the alpha guys I was fighting in the pit. I had the privilege of collecting around 15-20 cards, which was a great accomplishment from my POV.

I feel that the teams were balanced well in the morning, but I am disappointed with the guys on alpha that bailed on the game pretty early. I don't know the circumstances, and I realize it was cold, wet, and annoying-still I wish the guys who were committed had teammates that didn't bail. Our drive was over two hours for this game, so we were there to play, but I understand a great amount may just live near by so it was easier to leave and be warm. Regrettably, we didn't stay until Sunday because of the weather, but we had a blast until end of game on Saturday.

I want to shout out to the guys on Alpha who were committed all the way to the end. You made the day fun.

Some negative observations:
1. The gauntlet situation was unsettling for me. (I have taken part in them in the past) I didn't participate because I wanted to conserve ammo since we were about to head back into the field. I don't have an opinion on what was right or wrong, but it was voluntary. Thanks to marpat for being so cool about it, even though it looked like hell. But hey, sometimes taking unnecessary risks is what its all about, right? O0
2. There were a few hit calling issues, but that happens in every airsoft event. The only one worth mentioning was in the pit. I made a good move to the building occupied by charlie and shot my m203 into the bunker and shot a 120 rd shell sending bbs everywhere. From what I could tell, I had hit all three players and it seemed cut -dry. I was then safety killed by a player from inside the bunker. I accepted it and then contested it, as I reasonably believed there was no way anyone avoided my shell blast. I am willing to accept that I missed a guy, but its still difficult to believe that individual was only hit by "Ricochet" bbs. Its that stuff that takes the fun, but thankfully DOM stepped in.
3. If you have read nothing else, please read this. During the above mentioned contesting, an alpha player, and I don't know who it was, removed your eye protection. This was in the middle of a full assault and defense by alpha/bravo. I am sorry that I was screaming at you so directly, but you can lose an eye. No argument is worth a mistake that you will live with the rest of your life. I'm not sure why the eye pro needed to come off for you to make your argument to me, but please for the sake of your personal safety and secondly the sport, please don't let that happen again.

Great Game! Thanks again.

Nathaniel Jordan
"NORM"
-NIKAO