Redfox Skirmishes Jan 18th

Discuss previous games here.
mives
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Redfox Skirmishes Jan 18th

Post by mives » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:56 am

Hey guys,

There may not be a lot to talk about for this game, but I wanted to really thank everyone who made it to that game. It is rare that a day of airsoft goes perfectly. However (despite a couple cuts and bruises), I believe that was one of the best days of airsoft the AOSC has had overall in a really long time. Every single player gave every firefight 110% and it made for intense game play that was both challenging and fun. I'd like to shout out to our Bravo boys, who against all odds took that hill after getting pushed all the way back to spawn. Alpha made for a worthy, honorable opponent. No, arguments, no upsets, and no one team got steam-rolled, except for maybe the final game, in which Alpha had a series of injuries and gun malfunctions that took the majority of their forces out of the fight. Job done well to every man and woman out there Saturday. I also find completely positive forum feedback about games rare, so here ya go!

'till next time,

~mives 'Infidel'
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton

atl
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Redfox Skirmishes Jan 18th

Post by atl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:51 pm

I had fun, the team were very even. The only bad thing was the cold in the morning.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Another great day of fun at Redfox. I finally nailed the feel of my 0 ft med gun and was able to use it quite effectively, as far as learning my effective range, time to target, and hold over needed at range. Some of the close quarters encounters were intense, with the winner being the most aware player, or the one with the quickest reflexes and best feel for their gun. When I stormed into the middle tower near the end of the last game, talk about an adrenaline rush. I could hear Bravo players in adjacent buildings screaming "Shoot him! He's charging! Shoot him!" I made it in the building and traded shots with Mives at 2 feet. I didn't feel any hits but since it was so close I figured he had to have hit me and called myself out (but thinking back, Mives had a 20 ft med so technically he couldn't have shot me when I entered and I could have kept going). Shortly after I watched an epic stealth kill made on another Bravo in the building.

The first field we played at was a nice change of scenery for me. I think it plays well, on the condition that one team doesn't spawn trap the other. Since the field was somewhat small and we had the uphill advantage for the last game on it, I stopped advancing on the flanks about halfway between the base and Bravo's spawn, and refused to shoot into it. If you don't give players a chance to play by getting out of their spawn, they will give up and quit, and that means you won't have anyone to play against.

Thank you to the guys who gave me the mole skin and band-aids when I rubbed the skin off my heel, you kept me in the game. And thanks for helping out later when another of us had a cut open heel from stepping on a rock at Mile High. I might start carrying a small first aid kit in the future.

My one nag for the day has to do with team colors and camos. Putting the guy in ALL GREEN on Bravo really messed stuff up for us Alpha guys. Just, please, don't do it again. Like, really don't.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 am

Here's a video of Marine Fire Base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDGDKfU ... e=youtu.be

crossfire876
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by crossfire876 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:35 am

I have to second what several have already said. This game was one of the best I've been to in quite some time. Not to say the other games have been poorly done, just that the teams were so well matched that it made every engagement a challenge throughout the day.

Issues that came up were small and handled quickly by Marauder, no complaints. Every admin call on channel 1 was answered.

Highlight of the day for me had to have been having ghost low crawl 20yds from me and remaining undetected, or C.Taylor's intimidation tactics yelling for me to poke my head up.

Had a case of bad luck in Mile High running for a tower. My shoe got caught on something and pulled off my foot in mid stride, leaving my sock foot to come down on a sharp rock that cut through my sock and into my foot. The stone bruise alone was enough to end my day. Much appreciated for the Band-Aid.

On and off the field I enjoyed shooting the breeze with everyone. All in all, a very enjoyable day of airsoft.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
[align=center]CROSSFIRE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SVI Airsoft

24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."[/align]

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 pm