Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Discuss previous games here.
SpyderTC
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Post by SpyderTC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:18 am

severed wrote: well Hadji just put down his RPG and dropped his suicide vest and is walking this way.  Oh, in that case let him go he probably just forgot something in his car... yeah something like a BOMB!!
HAHAHA sorry I know this is an "ANG" style post but wow...good point sev. I agree, we should all be forced to use better thinking when we play. IMO South Carolina games haven't required much thought up to this point, OP24 was the first op that forced us to use our brains and now we have people complaining. Just shoot the guy in the legs or better yet, ask him to put a dead rag on.
[img width=267 height=150]http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae14 ... lfpack.jpg[/img] "its hunt the bad guys, kill the bad guys. It doesn't work real well the other way around."

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:25 am

Sev, I agree that teams need to be responsible for their own rear, but I happen to agree with Trig there when "foolin' people" becomes "taking advantage of other players' courtesy."

I wouldn't appreciate people lighting me up if I was actually looking for something I'd dropped (case in point--at DS4, I dropped my dead rag when I was returning to respawn, and I had to go back to look for it--I had no way of marking myself as a noncombatant, and I really did appreciate the courtesy that other players showed me when I was looking for it), or if I was actually looking for a place to stow my trash.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

Post by GARRETT » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 am

Just shoot anyone who doesn't have there dead rag on. From now on that is my plan of engagement. So fellas you may need to keep a spare rag on you. The problem with this mindset though is when you shoot someone who has dropped there rag or forgot it, they get pissed and start cursing.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am

The biggest thing I cannot stand for saving life is shooting purposely at people with dead rag on. Nothing enrages me more.

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

Vesper wrote: The biggest thing I cannot stand for saving life is shooting purposely at people with dead rag on. Nothing enrages me more.
Well that's a whole different story...
I agree with Sev on this...you best prove to me that you're dead if you wanna get behind me peacefully. On a related note, they need to make dead rags with elastic in them so the will stay on your head...I got it! A red beanie would work...yes I'ma go hit the Dollar General! 8)

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 am

re: Hit calling, while being a non-hostile villager I watched a lot of fire fights.  I saw people get hit and barely utter the word hit.  Then as they are sitting there fumbling for a dead rag, they get lit up again and proceed to go ballistic yelling and swearing and generally throwing a fit. 

YELL it out!!!  HIT HIT HIT, raise your hand up and turn away from the fight and get that red rag on asap and you won't continue to get shot.  It's also possible that the person that shot you is now aiming for the player behind you.  Get down, up, to the side, whatever but get out of the line of fire. No ones going to get upset if you move 2 feet this way or that to get out of the way when you are hit.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

Well said, Severed. I call my hits at least three times loud and clear.

SpyderTC
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by SpyderTC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am

same here V....there are ways to id urself as dead that dont requre you flippin ur isht...
[img width=267 height=150]http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae14 ... lfpack.jpg[/img] "its hunt the bad guys, kill the bad guys. It doesn't work real well the other way around."

Villid

Post by Villid » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 am

Vesper wrote: The biggest thing I cannot stand for saving life is shooting purposely at people with dead rag on. Nothing enrages me more.
Cant agree with you more.  I was the victim of this countless times at redfox.  Walking past MH with my rag on, and still getting shot from the 3rd floor of buildings.  that high up, its not like you cant see the dead rag.
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I try not to shoot anyone with a dead rag on except for Gambler...lol.. but I can't say I haven't shot some accidentally . Now when it comes to being shot, I have a 3 step process.  1 yell hit, 2 raise a hand to indicate I am hit while doing 3 taking my dead rag out. 

Trig
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Trig » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 pm

severed wrote: How do we word that?  No foolin' people.  Yeah that sounds good, I have a better idea, guard your lines and flanks.  What's next no camo because it makes it too easy to hide?

Teams not maintaining their rear security is their own fault.  Who lets an opfor, during a huge firefight, walk through their line without challenging them?!?!  Where in a combat style environment does that happen?  well Hadji just put down his RPG and dropped his suicide vest and is walking this way.  Oh, in that case let him go he probably just forgot something in his car... yeah something like a BOMB!!  Safety kill or shoot them or have them put a red rag on.
We did challenge them, they said they were looking for a lost mag... it's when I asked them where they had lost it is when they lit me up.
Wesley: "I think I just heard Luke yelling."
Me: "...That was a goat."

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Trig wrote: We did challenge them, they said they were looking for a lost mag... it's when I asked them where they had lost it is when they lit me up.
ah, ok that I don't like.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

mr castle
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by mr castle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Me personally, if you walk around aimlessly, do the "trash thing", or "looking for the mag" thing, just to get the upper hand on somebody to take a cheapshot on a person.....

That is the epitome of BS play.

If you have to do that to get a kill or get a laugh. Get off the field. Bottom line. Airsoft doesn't revolve around that.

Last I heard, airsoft is a game of honor. Doing that kind of stuff is not honorable in my view. It means you need to go back to the backyard games and stop coming to the actual games.

My thanks to Garrett and his crew for getting the realmil in SC started. Hopefully, with a few of these games under SC's belt, we won't be reading s#!t like this.

Sorry, had to put my 2 cents in.

Thanks
Castle
Last edited by mr castle on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevermind that s#!t....  Here comes Mongo!!!

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

My plan is simple. If you are wearing the colors of the other team and you do not have a dead rag on and you are still wearing eye pro you get a well placed bb.

mr castle
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by mr castle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 pm

82dcustomer wrote: My plan is simple. If you are wearing the colors of the other team and you do not have a dead rag on and you are still wearing eye pro you get a well placed bb.
Exactly....
Nevermind that s#!t....  Here comes Mongo!!!