Fulda Gap 2010

Discuss previous games here.
82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Fulda Gap 2010

Post by 82dcustomer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am

Score was NATO 4300 to Warsaw's 3500

Thanks to all the SC teams that came up, no matter what side you were on.  Most of you did miss the ceremonial after game dinner though at Golden Corral.  All the SC guys under my command did well.  Just need to improve comms overall and you guys will be ready for anything.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am

I had a great time once again.  I just love this field.  I really didn't have any issues with hit calling.  I sprayed about 6000 rounds through the RPK in the first 20-30 minutes of the game repelling the commies, then switched over to the SR10.  Steevo and I saw a ton of the field on Sat, as we kept getting separated from our squad, but we always found them.  The weather couldn't have been nicer for both days.  Now I just have to wait for Vietnam to roll around next year.  I with Ferg put on more big airsoft games.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am

Palmetto Guard AAR

In attendance: SlickRidley, idiot88, /faks/, MaTaX
Play time: Saturday, Saturday Night and Sunday
Team: Warsaw, 120th A Company

Saturday:
Objective - Fire Base Alpha, by way of OP Alpha
Working with team "Thetas 5?" we kept the waves moving in to the wood line, though with disastrous results at first, we were able to start working people in the right areas. After about an hours worth of fighting we finally got out foot hold in OP Alpha, once the lower "Ambush alley" was ours, PG went to the left side flank and we finished flushing them out. We then prepared for our strike against Fire Base Alpha. I think we got it in time to get the points. We were eventually pushed out of Alpha later in the day.
Once we re-spawned we pushed up the hill to Bentree, captured that base but not in time for points. We crossed the road in Holiday, cleaning out a few remaining forces. Then the call for help at Duckett came, we double timed it down the road and where able to give them that final push that we needed to take the fort and it was ours. Then a counter attack from Hamburger hit us and PG was eliminated, and took the long hike back to DZ 8, The rest of the day was spent attacking/defending Rex.

Saturday Night, Idiot88 played and had a good time he said.

Sunday:
PG and TAG-74 where tasked in holding Sim City. TAG-74 held the high ground to the left and PG to the right on the road, with the support of other teams we held on to Sim City defeating rush after rush on Sim City until the final breaking point where NATO got troops into the city. Once the flag was flipped, PG was held the road in anticipation of Warsaw withdraw to Rex(It didn't really work out that way) most Warsaw players held on to the last. From then on PG was tasked in attacking/defending Rex for the rest of the day.

Pros
Numbers! This was a great turn out
Comms where pretty good for a large game
Weather was prefect
Good sportsmanship
Meeting friends I haven't seen in a long time

Cons
Cry baby hit callers
Safety rule misunderstandings
Shooting greenies on my side :(
Guy with the bull horn was hella annoying

Notes:
This is the first time I ran out of ammo, I carry 6 mids(130's) and one large speed loader, pistol with 2 mags. I haven't needed anymore than that for years, I was flat out, I had to go back to my car to get more. I stopped counting kills; I was only able to keep count of my 2 safety kills and 4 pistol kills.

Team Shoot outs:
CORE
Swamp Fox (Alabama)
TAG-74

Nato:
1st NC good sportsmanship and fought well for Sim City
SWC? - for holding Alpha Saturday
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

Rayne
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Rayne » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:56 am

Had a really fun and the hit calling got kind of annoying especially after I switched back to the Sig which has limited ammo.
Had a great time running with my Aircross fam' and props to the new recruit who did work. Took Sim City again this year, two years in a row  :D
Night game was really fun til my battery died. Sunday's game was the best, got kidna mad when aircross was crawling up that hill for like 30 minutes and im steady giving 3rd intel and it turns out it was a mob alpha and not bravo. Final rush was fun, died 13 times and had at least 60 kills. Fulda Gap 11' lets go!

p.s: Mosquito net is not good for sleeping in.
I've been to a few games

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm

I want to give props to the nato AT crews.. without them.. It would have been even harder to take and hold areas, really contributed big.. Big Thanks!

And besides some no hit calling.. Warsaw brought it.. what a tough bunch of players..

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:16 pm

The majority of the AT was SC and GA players.  Two were members of Team Blackjack out of GA and then the Clemson team had one.

BlackGhost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by BlackGhost » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Sounds like you Guys and Some Gals had a great time.  Sorry I missed it, but will be at op24.
[img width=400 height=125]http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40 ... hEye-1.png[/img]
  â–²
â–² â–²

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm

82dcustomer wrote:Just need to improve comms overall and you guys will be ready for anything.
I *may* have lost the chargers for my radios... maybe.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Doublewolf
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Doublewolf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 pm

SteevoLS wrote: I *may* have lost the chargers for my radios... maybe.
So yes, you did.  :P

Me: Is that verb 2nd Conjugation?

Latin Teacher: Maybe

Me: So yes.

Latin Teacher: Maybe...

:D

jesus_freak
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by jesus_freak » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 am

Wow, it was just one of those airsoft weekends! My crew was 5 of what has to be only an additional handful of SC players on Warsaw, but it was still a blast! You NATO boys did a good job on Sunday of building a line of defense across the map. IMHO, the biggest reason we lost was the decision by Warsaw to nuke sim city, even though we had control over it! If any NATO SC boys were involved in trying to take Sim on sunday, you know that it was defended well for 6-8 waves of 20+ people coming up the boundary line from the spawn point. (I was in the far right [left from the nato perspective] building terrorizing the tree line with my G3.)  But then somehow the command decision was made to intentionally pull out of sim, allow NATO to overtake, and then Nuke it. all this did was give NATO the ability to create a more dense line of defense across the map, and effectively negate one of only two back door options to getting in behind Nato. (the other being to cross the wall up the hill, which was impossibly hard to do without a 40+ force) I still don't understand what advantage was thought to have been won by pulling out of a well defended city, (I was directly involved in the defense) and then nuking it.

Warsaws command and comms in general were kinda lacking, which I hate to complain because those guys sacrifice their time and effort to make my experience better -- and yea, the bullhorn guy was unbelievably annoying. Some of the on field leaders, though, were great at rallying groups together and pushing through to objectives.

Overall, it was alot of fun! There's no other was for me personally to play with that many people, Irene is still out of reach for my wallet, and I'm thankful for it and for all the people involved in making it happen!
Team Nikao

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 am

Jesus_Freak, all of Aircross was in on that push on Sim City, along with Clemson and several other teams. I don't really think there were any Nato left in Sim when you guys Nuked it though. We were already assaulting Rex, and had been for 15 min or so.

Joshua
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Joshua » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 pm

IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Real nice video! Thanks for posting!  ;D

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Bad ass! Your videos keep getting better and better.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Nice Vid Josh