SQA Skirmish - 4/6/13

Discuss previous games here.
BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Re: SQA Skirmish - 4/6/13

Post by BaldEagle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for coming out!
It was a very good turnout (about 43) and the weather was perfect.
We intentionally played in areas where very little activity had been seen in the past. Believe or not, there are still other areas that we need to experiment with that have yet to see a 6mm orb. We will take all of your comments and insights under advisement.
And Jeremy, maybe next time as I only played in one skirmish. I shot a couple Bravo, chased off a bunch of Bravo, then MISSED a couple Bravo, and one of them in turned nailed me :( which was end of game for me -- I had already told Star I was only playing till I died or ran out of mid caps.
We do have some pictures coming. They will be posted under the Escue Airsoft Facebook group. (Please feel free to join it)
* Airsofter *

Dirtie_Deeds
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dirtie_Deeds » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:48 am

We enjoyed every minute (except trudging up the hill after the last round) of our first event. Everyone was friendly and helpful with advice. I learned alot that day, some of it painful. I'd like to give a "newb's" perspective on some things and try not to offend anyone.
One thing I noticed was several instances of people getting shot and then declaring they were wearing dead rags. I experienced this myself, made me feel foolish, and then after squinting thru the brush, I could make out something that definitely wasn't a red rag. It almost blended in with the camo. Also, Alpha did seem to have a little less overall experience compared to Bravo. But they played hard and we had fun. Because of my profession and being a dad, I'm used to taking over, giving orders, and assigning jobs. Being the new kid on the block, I had to hold that in check some. So I'm grateful that Skywalker came in during the Radio Tower skirmish and organized us a little.
Overall, I thought it was a great day, lots of action and I met some very nice folks. Looking forward to the next round representing SC in Newberry.
....Done Dirt Cheap!

SQA Skirmish 4/6/13

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Dirtie_Deeds wrote:We enjoyed every minute (except trudging up the hill after the last round) of our first event. Everyone was friendly and helpful with advice. I learned alot that day, some of it painful. I'd like to give a "newb's" perspective on some things and try not to offend anyone.
One thing I noticed was several instances of people getting shot and then declaring they were wearing dead rags. I experienced this myself, made me feel foolish, and then after squinting thru the brush, I could make out something that definitely wasn't a red rag. It almost blended in with the camo. Also, Alpha did seem to have a little less overall experience compared to Bravo. But they played hard and we had fun. Because of my profession and being a dad, I'm used to taking over, giving orders, and assigning jobs. Being the new kid on the block, I had to hold that in check some. So I'm grateful that Skywalker came in during the Radio Tower skirmish and organized us a little.
Overall, I thought it was a great day, lots of action and I met some very nice folks. Looking forward to the next round representing SC in Newberry.
Glad u had a good time. And there always seems to be dead rag issues but I will say it is getting better. And yes generally speaking alpha are less experienced players, mainly due to the alpha style uniforms being cheaper. Bravo since most use multicam is generally older players who have invested more into their guns and gears. Of course there are many exceptions to this but I find this to be generally true. And dirtie deeds I think u would make a fine airsoft leader due to ur experience and age so I say go for it.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:33 pm

You'll also notice that, in the summer especially (due to the foliage) people are always going to get shot even with deadrags on. Often times all you can make out is a rough shape, or a small part of their body, and no deadrag is visible. There's no way to stop that feasibly, so best thing to do is be patient and aware that the guy shooting can't always see what you think is obvious.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Dominum wrote:You'll also notice that, in the summer especially (due to the foliage) people are always going to get shot even with deadrags on. Often times all you can make out is a rough shape, or a small part of their body, and no deadrag is visible. There's no way to stop that feasibly, so best thing to do is be patient and aware that the guy shooting can't always see what you think is obvious.
This is so true. That is why I did not get even remotely mad when Dom shot me yesterday while I was dead. He even apologized. People that get too mad when getting shot when dead might need to look into another hobby.

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:51 pm

After I am shot, i always put my head down and rag on the gun so they know i am dead

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah, I shot a lot of dead people this weekend, because there was no way for me to see their dead rag. I always apologized unless it would compromise my concealment, because I didn't want them to think I did it on purpose. I had a couple people get upset, but I simply told them what part of their body I could see, and there was nothing I could do about it. Better to place a couple unneeded BBs than assume someone's dead and get yourself taken out. The same thing happened to me, so I just yelled loudly I was already hit, and announced it if there were new people nearby who had not heard me call hit earlier. This helped minimize the rounds I received post mortem, but there's no way to stop them altogether. It's just part of the game. Just remember not to assume it's done intentionally.

Idiot, you may not be mad at me, but I am mad at you for that beautiful shot you got on me in that very last game! :P
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am

I'll be honest... there have been plenty of games where I don't have a dead rag with me. (Gasp, I'm such a bad person!) I know that's against policy, but at the same time, its very easy to hold your gun in a way that makes it clear you are not trying to engage and that you are dead (either over your head, or without a hand on the pistol grip near the trigger) ... Just say "dead man walking" every once in a while so sneaky people don't think they've gotten the drop on you.

The amount of times I get shot while already dead don't even correspond to the times I do and don't have a dead rag. The good thing about NOT having a dead rag for me personally is that I don't let my temper get the best of me when I do get shot. ... it also works well for me because I'm generally sniping, and thus am "high value target" to the other team, so everyone is well aware when they finally hit me.

If I'm ever running an assault rifle, I make sure I have once, because its far more likely I'll need to be healed mid firefight, and that would obviously suck for the other team if I didn't have a dead rag to take off to signal I've been healed.

Just my input/experience.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Dirtie_Deeds
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Dirtie_Deeds » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 am

I'm sure with some more experience it won't be such an issue. Adrenaline played a big part in it. I was trigger-happy and ready to shoot at anything. Frost can witness to that lol. I know body language is something to look for. Players will act differently when they're dead, so I just have to be mindful of that.
I appreciate all the input and war stories. It helps me be a better player.
....Done Dirt Cheap!

SQA Skirmish 4/6/13