Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Discuss previous games here.
Trig
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Post by Trig » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 am

The mag circumstance happened to me, and as I have said in the past, I'll say again.

1.  When the 2 bravo moved into the woods they didn't have their weapons in their hands and were walking in a nonthreatening manner.  This is bad because the alpha in the field should have taken care of them before they got to the woods, and that when we spotted them we should have shot first and asked questions later.

2.  We had are weapons at ready and trained on the 2, and challenged them.  But they said something about a lost mag.

3. Knowing that alpha had found some mags earlier that day I approached and asked for a description of the mag in question... bad decision on my part.

4.  1 of the bravo said, "Oh, I have it," and pulled out his pistol and lit my ass up.  Luckily my teamates still had their guns trained on them and took both of them out.

This is the original story I put out, and it is the true story.  I'm sure the 2 bravos are great guys and great players, but this just wasn't their shining moment.  Everyone will eventually have these moments.

This incident occured over two weeks ago, let's just move on and play airsoft.

Also ping I saw you out on the field several times, and you are an awesome player.  I take my boonie hat off to you. :D
Wesley: "I think I just heard Luke yelling."
Me: "...That was a goat."

GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

Post by GARRETT » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 am

From now on, a player who acts as if he is out of play, is out of play.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 am

Doublewolf wrote: Rule #4:   A "stealth kill" occurs when another player kills you by making some form of physical contact, either with a rubber knife, muzzle, or anything else in their possession, even their bare hands. This is intended to replicate knife or bayonet kills, and thus is the same as being hit with a BB, with the exception that, though you must immediately acknowledge it and dawn your deadrag, you may NOT make any sound until they are a minimum of fifty feet away. Stealth kills are nonnegotiable.

Wouldn't this rule make those kills count? Somebody should have killed those guys. Why would you just let somebody walk around doing that? Also, just for the record, it was Rule #4, not #5. And also, I do agree that it is not even remotely realistic and that these guys were being incredibly stupid.
DW, read Rule #5. That was not a mistype. This was a direct violation of Rule #5.

GARRETT wrote: From now on, a player who acts as if he is out of play, is out of play.
No, not from now on, again, everyone keeps missing a rule that was in place long BEFORE this game ever happened. Everyone, go read Rule #5, it's not a matter of "from now on", this Rule was there beforehand, and still is. As for the stealth kill, yes, bare hands count, as per Rule #4. BUT Rule #5 means that they WERE NOT IN PLAY, and thus they cannot have legitimately killed ANYONE. This isn't complicated people, all you have to do is read the rules, which, last time I checked, is the FIRST thing you do before you play any game.
I think one of the mods needs to clarify this rule.
Bushmaster wrote: Ummmm, isn't that against the rules? :-\
--------------------------------------------
Quote from: Tzer1993 on February 28, 2010, 03:25:11 PM
It was fun being a villager for the few hours I was there...an Alpha guy was watching three villagers(who were dead) and I walked up to see what was going on and he said to remove my mag so I did and then shot him with the round in the chamber  
This was a game specific rule, not an AOSC Rule, and was up to the Game Host. Remember that there are no standard capture rules, and they only apply to games in which they are specifically denoted beforehand.
mr castle wrote: Me personally, if you walk around aimlessly, do the "trash thing", or "looking for the mag" thing, just to get the upper hand on somebody to take a cheapshot on a person.....

That is the epitome of BS play.

If you have to do that to get a kill or get a laugh. Get off the field. Bottom line. Airsoft doesn't revolve around that.

Last I heard, airsoft is a game of honor. Doing that kind of stuff is not honorable in my view. It means you need to go back to the backyard games and stop coming to the actual games.

My thanks to Garrett and his crew for getting the realmil in SC started. Hopefully, with a few of these games under SC's belt, we won't be reading s#!t like this.

Sorry, had to put my 2 cents in.

Thanks
Castle
Plus 1 good sir!
Last edited by Dominum on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

splatmaster wrote: I'm not usually one to rile people up or speak my mind ( :P) but wouldn't you think that the team that handed over their CO and went to sleep was essentially surrendering? That pretty much ended the game, with Tan still on the field victorious, irregardless of how many times their CO was captured...?

I mean, I wasn't there so I don't know. Just constructive food for thought for next time.
After my capture time was up, both Geno and I agreed that almost all of our players were done, and since we each had only 5-10 guys we would call it a day (well, night that is). He asked if this meant I was surrendering, and I told him that under no circumstances would that happen, he then agreed to the mutual ending of the game on account of both sides lacking active players at exactly 4:20 AM.
Arbee wrote: Unless, of course, you're convinced you already know the rules before you start playing. :P
...or you decide that you will just do things the way you do it elsewhere, and refuse to read or follow the rules for the game you are at.
Last edited by Dominum on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Doublewolf

Post by Doublewolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

My bad. It was rule 5.

Unknown Theory
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Unknown Theory » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Dominum wrote: After my capture time was up, both Geno and I agreed that almost all of our players were done, and since we each had only 5-10 guys we would call it a day (well, night that is). He asked if this meant I was surrendering, and I told him that under no circumstances would that happen, he then agreed to the mutual ending of the game on account of both sides lacking active players at exactly 4:20 AM.
...or you decide that you will just do things the way you do it elsewhere, and refuse to read or follow the rules for the game you are at.
That's about the time IMC got coffee ;D
[img width=199 height=100]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... IZEJPG.jpg[/img]
{Assault - Engineer - Medic - Recon}

OP DS3: Nemisis Vet
OP 24 Vet - Alpha A-Hole/Epic-Medic (32 total)

JG M16 UFC - 400fps (TBC)
UHC 6" Revolver - 300fps (TBC)
Caspian 1911 Tactical - 300fps