The Delimitation Conflict

Discuss previous games here.
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Delimitation Conflict

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Felix wrote:
BKMrBlack wrote: I will say that the safety kill rule was used ridiculously. The concept is good, but was abused. Example: my team walked up on a guy who, incidentally was in the wrong uniform, and at about 15 feet he says "safety kill, ur all dead". 2 to 1 odds? Killed everyone (there were 6 of my guys, some as far back as 30 feet)? Seriously?
The rule is a safety kill can only be called within 20 feet and must be accepted at 10 feet. Also you have to say safety kill for each person. So what that player should have done was to walk up and say either Safety kill..1..2..3 and count them off or go Safety Kill..Safety Kill..Safety Kill. By then he would have been shot.

Its a hard rule to understand for some people and unfortuantly this kind of stuff happens all the time in overnight games.
Not true, a safety kill can only be called under 30 ft, and must be accepted at or under 10 feet. You DO NOT have to say the phrase "safety kill" for each individual person or count them out. I'm not sure where you heard that, or where DW heard the theing about only safety killing one at a time. If someone comes up behind six guys, points his gun at the unknowing players within safety kill range, and calls safety kill once, they then have the chance to accept it and aught to. He should of course point his gun at each of them as they turn around, and if they choose not to accept he can shoot them and they can shoot back AS LONG as it is not a violation of their MEDs. I always try to call them with my sidearm so if I am more then 10ft away and they do not accept, I can just shoot them. I guarantee that you would rather me safety kill your whole team all at once then unload 50rnds into all of you from that close, which I would have every right to do instead.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Romba wrote:So I carry a sidearm with no MED, and I don't do safety kills.
^This.

Safety kills should not be used unless you just want to be a nice guy, or are under your MED but legitimatey have someone completely dead to rights. Using it as rarely as possible is the best option.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Nytestalker wrote:We started getting slack and began to stretch out our assets too far. Both of these failures could be seen when Ga finally overran Lincoln's Hold from all three fronts without any notice.
It was my decision to spread 3rd Platoon too thin, and the fault for this lies with me. Faced with the small size of 1st platoon and the almost total lack of cohesiveness in 2nd Platoon at that point, it was the only decision available to me. It was a poor decision, but my other options were worse still.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Diesel wrote:SC did a great job til Dom went down. The COC(chain of command) fell apart. We will have to work on this before next year.
It just goes to show, "if you want something done right, do it yourself". Next time I will need to figure out a way to go for 22 hours of gameplay without sleeping LOL.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Chippy
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Chippy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Dominum wrote:
Diesel wrote:SC did a great job til Dom went down. The COC(chain of command) fell apart. We will have to work on this before next year.
It just goes to show, "if you want something done right, do it yourself". Next time I will need to figure out a way to go for 22 hours of gameplay without sleeping LOL.
I did it all on a few hotdogs and a half a coke :D

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Hotspur93 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 am

Lol well i know i got to ambush Dom's captors and i got to shoot Dom so that made my day that i got to do something right lol

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:06 am

Veimos wrote:2. (And I saw this mostly at the Lincoln Hold push with the tank by GA) Don't sit there, in the middle of a fire fight yelling, "I'm hit CAN'T you see the DEAD RAG!!". MOVE out of the firefight if you are dead and don't want to be hit. This isn't breaking any kind of rules so LONG as you're not moving closer to someone to be healed. I expect to be hit, even after my dead rag is out. It happens all the time. 9 times out of 10, they aren't even shooting at you, but at the people behind you. MOVE or be shot.

Holy crap, common sense!!
Veimos wrote:6. GROUP SAFETY kills happen because it happens to a group of guys, and they think, "Hey I didn't know it worked like that.". Usually they ask if that is the way it works, and are told NO. But it seems like there is always that 1 guy from the group that didn't hear about it. So he still thinks it's okay to do it. Or else someone is being a jerk. Lets just stop it. :D
Group safety kills are perfectly OK, what is NOT OK is calling a safety kill when you are not doing so according to the rules as stated.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:13 am

fallout11 wrote:As with many others from Georgia, I would happily come back and play this field again, and/or team up with SC to take on NC at some time in the future.
^Like.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:25 am

Diesel wrote:I also want to Thank Airsoft Carolina and SCAS for coming and vending at this game. Having someone come and sell items helps the player base very much.
Thanks Gentlemen
Sorry I couldn't be there to answer all of your questions at the SC Airsoft Supply RV, but I had 140 men to command, so I was a little busy ;). Thanks to my wife and my partner Tim for running it. His wife even came out for a while too. Normally I will run SCAS myself so any questions you have can be answered; Tim and Ellen aren't exactly airsofters.

Sorry for all the posts, I just got a chance to read all this and needed to respond to some things. I am done now ;).
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:03 am

Dominum wrote:Not true, a safety kill can only be called under 30 ft, and must be accepted at or under 10 feet. You DO NOT have to say the phrase "safety kill" for each individual person or count them out. I'm not sure where you heard that, or where DW heard the theing about only safety killing one at a time. If someone comes up behind six guys, points his gun at the unknowing players within safety kill range, and calls safety kill once, they then have the chance to accept it and aught to. He should of course point his gun at each of them as they turn around, and if they choose not to accept he can shoot them and they can shoot back AS LONG as it is not a violation of their MEDs. I always try to call them with my sidearm so if I am more then 10ft away and they do not accept, I can just shoot them. I guarantee that you would rather me safety kill your whole team all at once then unload 50rnds into all of you from that close, which I would have every right to do instead.
The problem (if you want to call it that) Mr. Black is alluding to, is the same one I've seen at other events in other states over the years, is the proverbial "finger o' death", i.e. someone runs up and says the functional equivalent of "bang" on an entire squad, or an entire building full of troops. In a pull-the-trigger version of the same thing, he'd get maybe two or three of them before being bagged himself, not 22 people in four rooms of a two-story building (famous incident at Camp Blandings MOUT site many years ago, sticks in my mind), or an entire team walking down the trail. There is no reasonable way he could be aiming at all of them simultaneously, after all.
It is the nice thing to do, but honestly often leads to situations like this. Better to carry a weak sidearm or shoot 'em in the foot or something instead.

Romba

Post by Romba » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:21 am

I had a safety kill op and i pulled my pistol and shot the guy in the lower back. I didnt shoot him in the neck or anything. It's a pretty weak pistol, so you feel it but it wont hurt. He had no problem and pulled his deadrag.

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:51 pm

I remember when I was running with stickridley he came up behind 3 guys and shot them like at 3 feet with his (I would assume so,) no MED pistol. They all got mad but still pulled out there dead rags... So it comes to show that sometimes is pisses people off even though they agree to it by participating in the game.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 pm

The scenario you mention is exactly why safety kills do not have to be accepted at more than 10 feet, so if those situations you mentioned happened in SC the players would have the right to refuse and pull out their 0 MED guns and return fire. It is impossible to safety kill multiple rooms, as LOS and having your barrel pointed at them is required. So yes, a room of people all looking the opposite direction could be legitimately safety killed, and sometimes are. That means they need to work on their rear security. Someone running through a whole building and just yelling safety kill at everyone and their brother should be promptly shot.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 am

Dominum wrote: It just goes to show, "if you want something done right, do it yourself". Next time I will need to figure out a way to go for 22 hours of gameplay without sleeping LOL.
How about set your own alarm and not depend on anyone to wake you up. :-*
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Because my phone died, next time I will buy a battery operated alarm clock and leave it in my tent.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]