The Delimitation Conflict

Discuss previous games here.
UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: The Delimitation Conflict

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Bushmaster wrote:There were more than 1 or 2. I ran into a couple guys in M81's, a couple in MARPAT, and 1 in tiger stripes. :-\
UF_Jester wrote: To that end though, how about the SC guys telling people they were Ga guys then knifing them?

When was this? I never heard about that.
During the night I guess. I heard about it happening a couple times. I only saw one guy in woodland MARPAT. Not to say there weren't more, but that's all I saw. They put yellow tape all over him to mark him. Didn't really work though...

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 pm

This was the Lexington High School Airsoft Club's first big game, and it was great! All 12 of our guys enjoyed it and Georgia did great. Mad props to all of you gentlemen.

Issues?: Both teams had problem calling hits, Most of the time adrenaline running its hard to hear it hit the gear. Pyro: Gotta hold them smokes before you through them so the flame will go out.

Best part?: I walked into Georgian base 3 times. First time I got so lost at night that I did nothing and walked back to HQ. 2nd time I safety killed 7 guys at 5 in the morning. Third time was about 9 in the afternoon on the last day, which that 'attack' was called off on the account that the players at Georgia HQ hand no eyepro on. We walked up an assaulted J-Davis, at one of the coolest firefights I had all day.

@JESTER: I believe the whole 'SC guy saying hes GA then knifing' is on me for what above. When I walked into base I had M81's on with an ACU rig. All of the guys I killed didn't realize I was a SC player supposedly because of the ACU rig. I know there were plenty of time that I would walk up to a GA base, and when they asked me something I would ignore, or ask back a question about something else. Then I'd safety them. Cynical I know, but it was sooo much easier than charging.

Also, waking up all of SC and safety killing all of GA made my game :P

Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Bushmaster wrote:The other thing was that the tan tank with the "strafer" on it was somewhat hard to determine whether or not it was dead. We walked up to about 20 feet away on the road at one point assuming it was dead because we could see 2 orange flags hanging on it. We were destroyed and informed that the flags didn't matter unless they were standing up.
I ran into the same problem. Leaving base we saw it, saw orange flags, said "Oh, those are dead rags." Walken on only to be assaulted. We had a dead guy walk up and ask them to take off their dead rag, they wouldn't. I somehow think this is a tactic.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Romba wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:The other thing was that the tan tank with the "strafer" on it was somewhat hard to determine whether or not it was dead. We walked up to about 20 feet away on the road at one point assuming it was dead because we could see 2 orange flags hanging on it. We were destroyed and informed that the flags didn't matter unless they were standing up.
I ran into the same problem. Leaving base we saw it, saw orange flags, said "Oh, those are dead rags." Walken on only to be assaulted. We had a dead guy walk up and ask them to take off their dead rag, they wouldn't. I somehow think this is a tactic.
How the flag word was so that when the tank was hit, the orange deadrag flag would be raised up higher. The tan flag was the GA flag.

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

There were TWO, not one, but TWO ORANGE flags on that thing. BTW the whole "flamethrower" concept (or whatever it is) was pretty sweet.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Romba wrote:There were TWO, not one, but TWO ORANGE flags on that thing. BTW the whole "flamethrower" concept (or whatever it is) was pretty sweet.
I think they called it a strafer. I'm so upset I didn't get to really see that thing in action.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:59 pm

I see one dead rag and one GA flag.

While on the tank topic, beautiful creation there GA guys, I bet it got hot in there didnt it

And yeah, who has the info on that flamethrower? I need me one :P

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Vesper wrote:Here's something that happened, and don't quote me on anything, as everything I am about to write here is a hearsay.

So, this GA guy walked off the field with bloody lips, and multiple OPEN wounds from BBs.
What had happened was, he and a number of GA players were inside a bunker, and he popped out and shot a SC player in the chest. Now, he doesn't know if he hit that SC player or not, but he claimed that he heard the BBs bouncing off his PC. The GA player was popping up and down very quickly, so he couldn't exactly see if he clearly hit the SC player.
Then the SC player walked over to him, saying that the GA player was blind firing, so he had the right to light up the GA player on full auto from a point blank range.

I don't know if this claim is entirely valid, but if the story's validity is proven, I would like to see a heavy punishment on the SC player.

If this is true then I say a perma-ban in in effect for the above said person if found, oh and just on a side note if ANYONE ever did this to me or i saw it they would not be leaving the field by their own power, this is uncalled for and extremely dangerous

and even if this story is not true i believe it should still be made clear what the do's and don't are when somebody is blind-firing

just my .02 cents

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:04 pm

on the tank, it was not very clear when it ws dead. I want one of those flamethrowers.

I 2nd the permaban. I don't understand what would possess someone to shoot someone so much from so close that they have open wounds.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Felix wrote:This was the Lexington High School Airsoft Club's first big game, and it was great! All 12 of our guys enjoyed it and Georgia did great. Mad props to all of you gentlemen.

Issues?: Both teams had problem calling hits, Most of the time adrenaline running its hard to hear it hit the gear. Pyro: Gotta hold them smokes before you through them so the flame will go out.

Best part?: I walked into Georgian base 3 times. First time I got so lost at night that I did nothing and walked back to HQ. 2nd time I safety killed 7 guys at 5 in the morning. Third time was about 9 in the afternoon on the last day, which that 'attack' was called off on the account that the players at Georgia HQ hand no eyepro on. We walked up an assaulted J-Davis, at one of the coolest firefights I had all day.

@JESTER: I believe the whole 'SC guy saying hes GA then knifing' is on me for what above. When I walked into base I had M81's on with an ACU rig. All of the guys I killed didn't realize I was a SC player supposedly because of the ACU rig. I know there were plenty of time that I would walk up to a GA base, and when they asked me something I would ignore, or ask back a question about something else. Then I'd safety them. Cynical I know, but it was sooo much easier than charging.

Also, waking up all of SC and safety killing all of GA made my game :P
They actually did wait for the smoke to start before they threw them. They just happened to land on dry stuff I guess. I watched most of those get thrown. They did it right and it caught on fire anyway. I think the smokes shot sparks after the smoke started. I believe SC threw the one after pyro was banned. Or it was Ga from the middle of the SC base (a possibility given the situation there).

There were some hit calling issues, but those always happen. I try and brush that stuff off.

What you did is totally cool as far as your rig and how you say you infiltrated our base (I didn't see any of that, as I was nowhere near there). There were supposedly players who verbally stated that they were Ga guys then knifed Ga guys. That's not cool.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Yeah we had to yell a thousand times to make sure EVERYONE knew no pyro. Haha most of our guys were asleep so we had to tell them a few times over.

I know you werent near there, but I just like saying I took it. 3 times. :P

And yeah thats not right at all. Although it is up to the GA player to check and make sure he is GA, its just not good sportsmanship.

BKMrBlack
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by BKMrBlack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Great game overall. Lots of great play on both sides.

I will say that the safety kill rule was used ridiculously. The concept is good, but was abused. Example: my team walked up on a guy who, incidentally was in the wrong uniform, and at about 15 feet he says "safety kill, ur all dead". 2 to 1 odds? Killed everyone (there were 6 of my guys, some as far back as 30 feet)? Seriously?

I understand the intention of the rule (to stop point blank shots), but it should only be if u truly have the drop on someone (as in, ur behind them) and certainly not more than a person (maybe 2) at a time. So many people were calling ridiculous safety kills.

The way it was used this weekend by many is just asking for arguements. If u sneak up on my back within 10 feet and say "bang" or safety kill" or whatever, I will gladly pull out my dead rag and congratulate u on a job well done? but if u walk up on 5? Or if u r in front of me with ur gun down? I dont think so.

I think all in all it was a great weekend. For so many players there were very few problems. Thabks for everyone who played with honor and integrity!

MrBlack
The Black Knights

Doublewolf

Post by Doublewolf » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 pm

UF_Jester wrote:To that end though, how about the SC guys telling people they were Ga guys then knifing them?
We didn't knife anybody, we shot them, and we never said we were GA, we just didn't announce that we were SC. We only did that one time, we didn't violate any rules, and after Diesel told us there was a complaint, we started announcing our presence.

We were all in green camo and a green flag was up on the spawn, and yes it was night, but there was a dead guy with a chem-light inside the bunker right next to us. It shouldn't have been too hard to tell we were enemies.
Felix wrote: I see one dead rag and one GA flag.

While on the tank topic, beautiful creation there GA guys, I bet it got hot in there didnt it

A GA flag isn't yellow. I'd know. I live in GA. =P I agree that the yellow flag was confusing.

That is a nice tank. I want to know how they made that gun on it. Its ROF was insane.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Doublewolf wrote:
UF_Jester wrote:To that end though, how about the SC guys telling people they were Ga guys then knifing them?
We didn't knife anybody, we shot them, and we never said we were GA, we just didn't announce that we were SC. We only did that one time, we didn't violate any rules, and after Diesel told us there was a complaint, we started announcing our presence.

We were all in green camo and a green flag was up on the spawn, and yes it was night, but there was a dead guy with a chem-light inside the bunker right next to us. It shouldn't have been too hard to tell we were enemies.
Felix wrote: I see one dead rag and one GA flag.

I'm just relaying what I heard about the team mixup thing. I wasn't there.
PM Fallout11 about the tank. It's his.

A GA flag isn't yellow. I'd know. I live in GA. =P I agree that the yellow flag was confusing.

That is a nice tank. I want to know how they made that gun on it. Its ROF was insane.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

UF_Jester wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:There were more than 1 or 2. I ran into a couple guys in M81's, a couple in MARPAT, and 1 in tiger stripes. :-\
UF_Jester wrote: To that end though, how about the SC guys telling people they were Ga guys then knifing them?

When was this? I never heard about that.
During the night I guess. I heard about it happening a couple times. I only saw one guy in woodland MARPAT. Not to say there weren't more, but that's all I saw. They put yellow tape all over him to mark him. Didn't really work though...
Well, I know Gold Team had some guys out and about around Camp Wounded that where knifing GA people. But I know they didn't pose to be GA guys, they are some of the most honest, honorable members of our team. I also know that they where always in a pair, however we where running woodland MARPAT. If you happened to be knifed near there earlier in the night, it was probably our guys. Evidently they had a rather comical experience with one particular GA player that they knifed 3 times.

All in all, Gold team had a good time, and we learned alot. GA has a great bunch of guys, and I'd be happy to play against/with them again.