Recondo Team Challenge - Jan. 8th. 2012

Discuss previous games here.
Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Recondo Team Challenge - Jan. 8th. 2012

Post by Vesper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Team AJAX went up to North Carolina, and owned the course in the name of South Carolina.

The house clearing was almost textbook, the fort assault could use some improvement and the vehicle assault was as smooth as it could be.

Nothing like a weekend full of airsoft to start up the year.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: Recondo Team Challenge - Jan. 8th. 2012

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:00 pm

I was very happy with our performance in all the scenarios *except* for the fort. Then again, almost everybody else failed just as hard. Room clearing, vehicle takedowns, and more traditional building assaults were indeed smooth as butter.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Hatch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Hatch » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

I had a great time at the Team Challenge, decided to go at the last minute and I can say I'm glad I went. Great way to start off the year good job guys.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 pm

These were all 1 shot 1 kill (no respawn) events, real steel guns firing blanks, IED's, booms, and smoke.

3 room house was cleared of all opfor in about 10 seconds and the HVT found and removed. Only lost 2 players which is normal on a stack and breech. Absolutely perfect

The fort was a def a challenge with only 1 entrance, we fell into some bad habits of staying in places too long instead of constant firing and moving. But we realized that and it won't happen again!

Hell town, a series of small built up bunkers/structures and a barn. We crushed that one twice, both times in a different way

Vehicle takedown, this was over fast.

Had a blast, can't wait to get back up and do some more Recondo games
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Definitely a challenge. I am looking forward to more of these types of events from Recondo.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Summary of events, since I have time:

1. House assault: Abandoned 3-4 room house. Contains ~4 hostiles and a HVP who had to be rescued without being injured. Only intel on the hostage was that she was not in the entryway (therefore frags were safe). We split AJAX down the middle since the house had a door on each side. Severed, Vesper, Veimos, Diesel, and myself breached the front door by tossing a frag (ThunderB w/BBs) into the main room. All of 2 seconds after the ThunderB went off, our stack was inside and putting rounds on target (we lost the point man, but nobody else).

Team 2 (Felix, Clutch, Gambler, Hatch) was supposed to breach as soon as our frag went off by repeating the same process. Theoretically, this would mean the surviving nasty bad guys would be hunkered down and further suppressed by a second frag about 5 seconds after the first. Unfortunately that grenade didn't go off, so they had to breach without. I believe they lost the point man aswell. As Sev said, we spent about 10 seconds clearing the rooms and securing the HVT (originally grabbed the admin because we didn't see any other girls around... lol).

2. Fort assault/HVT capture This fort was your steretypical old western affair... log construction, firing ports, catwalks, and a single gate. We were supposed to take the fort, kill the hostiles, and capture the HVT. Win stood on the catwalks dumping blanks out of his AR15 and tossing VERY, VERY loud frags over the wall (got distracted more than once and forgot I was supposed to be shooting at anything... it's rare to see fireballs come from guns at airsoft games!). Long story short, we got stuck out in the open and weren't able to get inside the fort.

3. Hell City clearing. This was a small area with 4 or 5 bunkers and a barn. We had to enter the "village" and shoot anything that moved. Diesel and I did the usual creekbed sneaky switheroo while some of the other AJAX members made lots of noise on the main road. We took a few casualties but managed to clear out the back bunkers and push the final enemy back into the barn. After I put a few dozen rounds through the windows, Gambler shot the guy in the chest after kicking in the door. We found out after the fact that the whole place was rigged with IED sims (extremely loud... could hear them going off when other teams ran the scenario). Apparently we shot the guy with the detonator before we got close enough for him to use them. Kinda glad about that since I forgot to put in my ear plugs.

4. Vehicle takedown We set up shop in an abandoned house near the road. A Suburban containing a driver, 3 shooters, and a HVT. When the truck passed the house, an IED sim was set off ahead of it, killing the driver (he "died" and slumped into the horn... just like the movies!). A second IED sim went off behind the truck, further immobilizing it. Within a second or two the right side doors opened and the shooters bailed out... straight into a wall of BBs from Hatch and Felix. After Vesper pulling the HVT out of the back of the truck, I cuffed her and the scenario was completed. Entire process was probably 30-40 seconds from start to finish.

On the whole I had a good time, and will definitely attend some of Win's training days in the future.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm

SteevoLS wrote:After Vesper pulling the HVT out of the back of the truck, I cuffed her
Bet you liked that, didn't you? ;)

Anyway, I didn't know Hell Town was rigged with IEDs.....

Romba
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:57 pm

That sounds like it was great. I'm sure there was an age limit though. :'(

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Vesper wrote:Bet you liked that, didn't you? ;)
I ain't complaining.

Those loud, LOUD booms you heard during the other games were the bombs rigged at the little village.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm glad we took out the trigger man. Those bangs were LOUD.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

First time an explosion went off, i jumped a good two feet from behind my tree.

It was great, first time doing the stuff and it felt awesome.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Had an awesome time. I was real impressed with Win and his outlook on training. Something along the lines of the more people learn, the more fun the game is for everyone. I couldn't agree more. Great group of guys.
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 pm

[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Oh yeah... Clutch's P* sounds like his VSR: a farting sparrow.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm

SteevoLS wrote:Oh yeah... Clutch's P* sounds like his VSR: a farting sparrow.
HIT
HIT
HIT

... where is he?