Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Discuss previous games here.
jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Post by jsts ghost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Well muddy, tired, and worn out. But smiling from ear to ear!

I will have my AAR up later, but want to hear others good and bad.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Re: Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm

alpha got steamrolled like a bunch of newbs (nothing new) bravo went beast mode activated and that was that.

the end
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm

First and for most, thank you for all the players that came out to this event! Without you all there, this would have not been possible. Many players adds to the dynamic of the game. Some players do forget that they, was (and still act) as a noobie!
The weather was a great blessing. It was calm, cloudy, and a comfortable day that helped every player to enjoy it.
Good:
1: The field is an awesome A.O. It does have a great balance of chalanges for all levels of players. Many do not understand that it is when you push your body, that the enjoyment does magnify. The path less traveled, is the harder, defines a person. From tight valleys to the semi-complex woods, made it ideal location for larger events, when more structures will be able to be raised there.
2: Game was simple, but worked only when you had teamwork. The second will be in the needs improvement section. The simple task of recovering water by means of 2 liter bottles and the 5 gallon buckets (the evil water holder) was a k.i.s.s. objective game. And with the field as it was, added a whole mean player to battle.
3: Admin did their job! They observed, listened to the players, and focused on the event to run fair and smoothly. Yes, even the too close H.Q. locations, they moved the base quickly and without any issues. But they stuck the relaying information away from open comms, and did not give ideas on how to work the game to the players.
Needs improvement:
1: This is a teamwork hobby! But the was only shown for few of the players. Many forgot that the goal was to move heavy, open and in-open containers of water from point to point. Yes, you may come to just shoot people, but without the runner mission teams, you just played paintsoft. It bothers me that few players talked about how far we had to walk, how close Alpha was to the pond, and M.E.D. issues, and yet the few players even tryed to work as a team. We have seen most of the others playing style. We should have an idea how to be a team player instead of small cells of players. What would help in future games is to take the new players (noobies sound very des respectful) and fold them into working groups of small cells to make larger force.
2: Lunch breaks! Yes I am all for solid day long operations, but many have not HAD todo that. Many just are in able to run a full day with out break. Yes a stand down to 1 hour and 30 minutes would allow players to have 15 minutes to return to parking site, one hour to eat, and 15 minutes to return to H.Q. I know that some, like myself, would not need this, but most of the kids do! Many times the points shift due to loss of player base during mid-day. But having players end up sitting out for 2 hours is a loss of targets/personal for the missions.
3: Quit being a troll! If you are a butt on the forums, but a good person to talk to in person, then be one or the other all the time. It shows a very weak standing in my eyes and in others. And also, if you want others to have integrity, and complain with they don't, then have some yourself. "Helo Drop". You know and dead players do not talk. I saw that in my team.
I want to say the MVP was the gentleman that moved, three out of the four times, the buckets. I am sorry that I did not get your name, but you ARE a team player.
And Marpats, thank you for not shooting me when I had to take a leak. To bad I had some back up to run you down.
And the squad that to Smitty (stay away from that bogg next time) and team Ironfox and myself towards our last trip to the pond, my hat is off to you guys.
Great job to all.
Ghost out

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 am

Echo1 Operator wrote:alpha got steamrolled
I take it Bravo won?
jsts ghost wrote:blah blah blah
Sorry I couldn't make it out. Initially my dad just needed help down on Ye Nabholz Homestead, but it turned out the clutch on my truck decided to take a dump on me so it worked out for the best. I can limp a non-clutched transmission down a straight highway, but the "roads" at Blue Hole would have been murder!

What was the final turnout?
There's no kill switch on awesome!

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:15 am

Is Bravo on odd or even channels? LOL!

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 am

jsts ghost wrote:3: Quit being a troll!
This was me:

this was the rest of bravo:

i'm a 10th prestige in call of duty. 10th prestigers don't carry water, we slay alpha. that being said, i have the teamwork skills of a bottlenose dolphin, and lead my elite group of real good dudes to victory.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 am

Let me first say Thank You to all that came out. Secondly, let me apologize for messing up Alpha in the beginning. I did my best to correct the problem as quickly as I could. Thirdly, I truly enjoyed running this game, and seeing the players act with each other.
It was a long battle, with a "nasty" objective, collect water and move it. I hope that everyone had a good time. The final score was Bravo--55, Alpha--40. Both teams fought hard, and moved pretty well.

On a final note, I have stepped down as a rep/mod for the AOSC. I am glad that the last game I ran was, from what people told me, a great day of play. I will continue to come out and play, when my schedule allows it. Thanks to all the members of the AOSC for the support, and the memories.
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

Schmarvin
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Schmarvin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 pm

My AAR for the game:

Three good things that happened:
1. Objectives; I love objective-based games. This one was a lot of fun, especially with side-missions available, such as the combination lock codes around the field and searching for the bottles.
2. Admins/Refs; You guys who helped run the game, were awesome. A lot better than previous games, even with the mishap at the beginning with the terrible HQ for alpha. Props go out to everyone who helped run this game.
3. Fairly consistent honesty; I did see a lot of players this game calling their hits, which was nice. And I thank whoever shot me with their spring pistol for not shooting me multiple times with another gun, which usually happens. I would've gotten you if I had ammo in my pistol though. You're teammates were also good sports by not shooting me as well after I was already down. Thanks go out to those of you calling their hits like a real honest person should.

Three things that need improvement:
1. Lunch breaks; Would love to see, like someone already mentioned, an hour and thirty minute lunch break. Not only for fairness in gameplay, but also to give everyone an equal chance to eat.
2. MED's; What the hell people? At least twice I saw immediate safety problems with this. And Dom was the first problem at the beginning of the game. DO NOT SHOOT WITHIN YOUR MED. Dom, you injured one of our players by shooting him in the face within your MED. When your weapon draws blood on another player, you are shooting to close. Another occurrence was on our team with someone shooting too close in the second half by our HQ. Not sure who he was, as I haven't seen him before, so I can't say a name. But please do not shoot within your MED. At least give an educated guess with distance.
3. Respect your fellow players; If someone shoots you, don't curse and fight with someone about it. Noticed this when we shot a few players with the 2 liters. They didn't drop the bottles, they argued with us and kept walking. Look, I'm not trying to be mean about this, but I really don't care who you are. Follow the rules, if you don't drop the bottles, we just keep shooting at you or we report you to the admins. I was talking to a few others players and they noticed this as well. Play the game right, or don't play at all. I'd rather play with a few great players who like to have fun and follow the rules, then a lot of crappy, whiny players who don't play the game right and ruin it for others.

By the way, thank you Felix for showing me and my teammate our mistake of "gophering." Always fun to play against you and players like you.
Also, if anyone doesn't like what I've posted today. I really don't care. You were probably one of those bad players. Suck it up and move on.
Team Extorrus, XO
OP 24-3
Germany II
The Swamp Opening
SQA Springtime Airsoft
OP: Second Sun
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Blue Hole 9/15/12
Blue Hole 12/1/12
A&K M16 Mod 0 SPR w/ 3 Hi-cap (1 450rd/1 500rd) and 4 mid-cap (110rd)
KJW M1911

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 pm

I do want to say there was a lot of MED problems, but that is usual with BH.
Do remember, you can bleed from just about anything. MEDs are based on pain. And things with zero MED do not mean they are painless..

I brought my friend Outlaw to this to be his first game of airsoft, and we both thought it was a great day with great objectives and normal SC Airsoft probs. I got to try out my new boltie, who's scope is NOT sighted in, as well as my new pistol. Both got a LOT of kills, as everyone can attest to ;)

And finally, this really does sum it all up:
Echo1 Operator wrote:alpha got steamrolled like a bunch of newbs (nothing new) bravo went beast mode activated and that was that.

the end
Last edited by Felix on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Felix wrote: Do remember, you can bleed from just about anything.
This is true. I have been shot from over 100 ft by a gun with a 50ft MED and it drew blood. It can vary per player.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Call-Name-Viper
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Call-Name-Viper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Dude I wished I could of gone....But I had an unexpected funeral to attend.
Veteran of:
CID III (Bravo)
Vetenam Patrol (Alpha)
Iron Marches (Bravo)

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Call-Name-Viper wrote:Dude I wished I could of gone....But I had an unexpected funeral to attend.
I'm sorry for your loss man.. Hope everythings ok.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, I guess I'll go ahead and start my book.

Day started out fine, ran into unexpected friends in the morning. Game started, I ended up being one of the medics, because two or three of the Bravo's original 8 medics just disappeared between the parking lot and Bravo HQ.

Game started, and we were all of a sudden being shot at. We had no idea what was going on for those first few seconds. We quickly realized that Alpha's HQ was closer than it should have been, and because we could get points shooting people within the HQ, we did our best to rack the points up. Obviously that wasn't to great, so the base was moved. During this time I had headed out, planning on flanking far around, found a bottle, brought it back to HQ because I had forgotten my radio at the truck. Get back to the HQ with the bottle and find my father there with my radio. Hooked that up, discussed what had happened right at the start and what was changing. A few more bottles arrive, so we decide to go for our first water run.

We start out, half way there, we split up into two groups. Each has 2 or 3 bottles. One group took the ridge, we took the canyon. Not a single alpha was seen all the way to the pond, and all the way back. We were happily greeted by Bravo who controlled the ridge line all the way to the pond. We filled up the bottles, and started our way back to the HQ, again, no alpha was seen. My father and I brought back the first two bottles. Not really sure what happened to the other guys, but they showed up 10-20 mins later. We sat, waited around a bit, we were a little tired after the long walk, and didn't want to do it again.

During this time, Cleric brought a group around to try assaulting the HQ. They got 150-200ft outside of the HQ before they were stopped. We took this time to talk with them off the field, and take our lunch break. Spent an hour for lunch, switched out the DMR for the 50' assault rifle, something a bit lighter. Started back out, was our goal to try to just hold alpha in their base. Took a small group out that direction, caught up with Hatch and E1. We split up again, sort of surrounding their base. We took the "path" side, between them and the pond. They eventually started coming out at us. 5 of us, not sure how many of them. I was the only medic among us. We had fallen back to the ridge line around the pond. Took out a few of the alpha that were up there, one of them circled around, Viper, we traded a few shots, and he managed to clip one off the tip of my hat. We all died, no one was there to medic me or anyone else. We went all the way back to the parking lot, I switched back to my DMR, took off all my gear, and just stuck extra mags in my pockets. I just wanted to run light.

Out back on the field. Similar situation as before, we didn't want to take water, just wanted to find and shoot alpha. So, to find alpha, we went to the pond, found a few, shot them, and there was no one else. We happened across two of our buckets. Well, one of my lipos had just ignited, so my gun was out. All I was was a medic without a gun. So, I decided to help take the buckets back to the HQ. Another fellow, I can't recall his name, helped me some of the way back. Measured it, was half a mile between the pond and the Bravo HQ. That was a hell of a walk. And, you know, the whole part of getting there 15 mins after the game was called.

Pros:
Unique. Not to often do you have an objective as hard as this one was. Nor do you actually have to fill water up, move them around. It was interesting.
Player count. Not sure how many people showed up, but it was a very good number.
Field. BH is always excellent.
Weather. Weather was perfect. Slightly warmer than I was expecting, but you can't complain after playing games in 100 degree heat over the summer. Perfect weather for SC.
No lunch break. Lunch breaks always, ALWAYS, result in people leaving early. Not having a lunch break is the best thing you can do for keeping numbers up during a game.

Cons:
Difficult. Carrying water jugs the half mile between HQ and the pond was awful. For Alpha to just ignore us, it was just manual labor, no special challenge of trying to dodge alpha while we were on our way back and forth. After the bases moved, Alpha hardly did a thing to try attacking Bravo HQ. I think three times, including the very start of the match, did alpha attack Bravo's HQ all day.
Rules. The rules for the Objectives were also a little funky. Having killing enemies in their HQ or returning full 2L bottles of water being the only source of points was odd, and added to the difficulty. I think it should have been a tally of how much water was in the tubs at the end of the day, being a point an inch or something like that.
Respawns. There were two bases. One was 700ft from the pond, one was half a mile. After Alpha's HQ was moved, Bravo's should have been moved to compensate with Alpha being so Close to the pond. I don't mind a disadvantage, but we were 3 times further from the pond than Alpha and it was up hill on the way back to Bravo's HQ, making the water carrying even more difficult.

All in all, Didn't really have that much fun. I shot 4 guys, got shot once, and that's all the action I saw all day. Rest of it was just simply traveling between HQ and the pond. Really just turned into a day for me to test my guns.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Schmarvin
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Schmarvin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Mr. Marauder wrote:
This is true. I have been shot from over 100 ft by a gun with a 50ft MED and it drew blood. It can vary per player.
I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
Team Extorrus, XO
OP 24-3
Germany II
The Swamp Opening
SQA Springtime Airsoft
OP: Second Sun
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Blue Hole 9/15/12
Blue Hole 12/1/12
A&K M16 Mod 0 SPR w/ 3 Hi-cap (1 450rd/1 500rd) and 4 mid-cap (110rd)
KJW M1911

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Schmarvin wrote:
Mr. Marauder wrote:
I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
Well, you are sort of correct.....

I was at the Chrono. Dom had a 20ft MED at Blue Hole. :evil:
* Airsofter *