G36 Hopup help?

I broke my gun!
Romba
I do in fact have a life.

G36 Hopup help?

Post by Romba » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:32 am

Hello AOSC. I saw a TON of G36's at RF a couple weeks ago, so I am hoping an equal number of knowledgeable owners are on the forums. So, I have a question.

My G36 hop up isnt doing anything, and I have come to the conclusion that there's no nub. I bought this on eBay (not doing it again) and I contacted the seller who says he found a nub and will send it to me. Problem is, I don't know where the nub goes! [img width=1024 height=768]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g41 ... CN1797.jpg[/img] Does it go in the hole where red circle is? (bucking can be seen) or in the hole where green circle is? (thats where the arm like thing is.)

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

Jeremy314

Re: G36 Hopup help?

Post by Jeremy314 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:23 pm

The red circle is where your nub is supposed to be. Honestly, I would say forget getting the stock nub, and get yourself a new hopup bucking as the majority of them come with a nub.

The green circle hold a spring and lever system that aid in feeding I believe, so if you still have those parts, get them back in don't don't worry about taking them out again.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 pm

^He is right, just that the spring and lever system are actually what apply pressure to the nub via the dial you turn, and are essential to the hopup function. You do have those parts, right? If not, you will need a new chamber unfortunately.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I do have the lever and such, but I took them out for the picture. but how does the arm out pressure on the nub?? The two holes are not at all connected..... Dom, I may be asking for in preson help if I can make it to the zombie game....
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 pm

NP, I can show you in a matter of a couple minutes. The lever sits its smaller end up underneath the dial, and the larger end with the concave underside is what holds the nub. When you dial the hopup, the lever counteracts on the nub, which pushes on the bucking which in turn applies pressure to the BB. Hence, the dial adjusts the hopup level on the BB via all parts mentioned. As with anything like this though, showing you in person will be much more helpful.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Dom, the lever and spring that goes into the green circle/rectangular thing doesn't have anything to do with the bucking bro  ;)

I think that's what confusing him, because you're talking about the Hop up dial and nub depressor or whatever it's called, and not the other part that we were talking about.
[align=center]Image
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Yeah, that is what I'm talking about, what are you talking about? Now I am confused too LOL.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:57 am

we were talking about what goes into the green circle.. you were talking about parts that affect the red circle. :)
[align=center]Image

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 am

I DO HAVE the parts that go in the green circle. SO TO CLARIFY:

Nub goes in red circle?

Please tell me if this is correct... I believe I put the hop up dial pic backwards in here, but let me know.

My limited photo editing created this, please confirm or dispute it's accuracy.

[img width=1024 height=768]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g41 ... puppic.jpg[/img]

von_lounger
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by von_lounger » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah, you have the dial reversed in the picture.  The nub and arm & spring locations are correct.
-Nick

[align=center]My Armoury[/align]

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:21 am

Just an oldschool-as-heck mod to do if you're running high FPS.  I did this to a Systema M4 hopup and got much more consistent hop, a problem that tends to reappear more with higher FPS (as many problems do)--

Take a 2mm O-ring (from just about anywhere, hardware stores, walmart, etc) and cut out a tiny section, just long enough to completely fill the inside of the nub.  You'll notice that it's basically a hollow cylinder.  All you're doing is filling that hollow space with something equally squishy.  Once installed, it will make the nub give in just a little less than it normally would.  You'll need to be more precise with your hop tuning, but G36, G3, Sig, etc drum hopup units are very nice, and will keep their setting.

Take note though, if you put too much hop on it, you're more likely to tear the bucking since the nub above it isn't giving in as much.  Dial your hop in very small increments.

Of course, you can ignore that whole bit if you aren't pushing high FPS, just thought I'd give that bit of info for anyone interested.